Deleted

Exclamation Blizzard should re-texture old Battlegrounds

In Mists of Pandaria we have really nice graphics that everyone enjoy. But we all know that PvP takes a huge part in this game, a lot of people play in Battlegrounds everyday and graphics there are really bad. Let's look at the peaks of mountains in Kun-Lai Summit. They look amazing. And now let's look at the Alterac Valley graphics. Same scenery but Kun-Lai looks really good and AV looks like a game with 10 years old graphics. I think its not that hard to re-texture all of the old BGs. I'm not saying to change the concept of them because its great - just change the graphics. What do you guys think?

I've also made a topic on official forums so if you support this idea, give some love on this topic too: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6083338426#1

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice but people go in the battlegrounds to kill people, capture objectives or AFK in a cave in AV. I don't think the effort would be appreciated by a lot of people as in the end you go in, you go out.

It's different in the open world as everyone sees it. Personally, I would like to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would perf more new bgs then re-textured old one. Doing AB for 7 years is very boring.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I would perf more new bgs then re-textured old one. Doing AB for 7 years is very boring.
    Surprised we have not seen a new version of AV but with the current Horde vs Alliance conflict. I love the scale BG's like AV and IoC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    this is the main problem, while retexturing may not seem like a big thing (it actually is) it will take time from other things the art team are doing so could delay other content.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Blizzard re-texture old battlegrounds but I really can't see it being worth while.
    I'd rather more bgs if i had the choice. We always seem to be lacking new pvp content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mountains in kun-lai and the... "tall hills" in AV were sculpted in fundamentally different ways, so you can't just copy paste the textures. Alterc valley is basically an entire zone unto itself, and retexturing it- all of it- by hand would take quite a bit of work, especially because textures are painted in a much more complex manner now than they were in vanilla.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Blizzard should re-texture everything. :P

Blizzard should just fix Twin Peaks so that any Engineer on the Horde side won't have such a damn advantage when they carry the flag.

I much rather have them focus their art team to creating more raids, not redoing old bgs.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Re-Texturize = New colors completely same layout.
    RE-Model = New Layout and model, same concept.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I much rather have them focus their art team to creating more raids, not redoing old bgs.
    ^

/10char
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

No. BG's look fine anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Blizzard have enough people to do those 2 things at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Blizzard have enough people to do those 2 things at the same time
    Oh trust me I'm sure they do. But it would be worth it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing