Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't see why people are so up in arms when the same thing that happened in Libya would happen here. We'd just blow Assad's regime away from the sky.

PS: It wouldn't just be the US, it would be the entire fucking UN. Even Russia has told Assad not to do it, if he does there's no way Russia could veto a measure to hit him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I don't see why people are so up in arms when the same thing that happened in Libya would happen here. We'd just blow Assad's regime away from the sky.

PS: It wouldn't just be the US, it would be the entire fucking UN. Even Russia has told Assad not to do it, if he does there's no way Russia could veto a measure to hit him.
    It's really just the tin-foils that are getting up in arms about this. Most people realize that the use of Chemical Weapons on a civilian population is a red line. Never mind the fact that we would be legally obligated to react.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Never mind the fact that we would be legally obligated to react.
    legally obligated? really? what laws would that be that obliged you to act?

i dont think anyone agrees with him using chemical weapons. people are after iraq somewhat sceptical of claims of WMDs from USA and its master Israel.

Wow. The crazies in this thread...

I hope things improve in Syria. Though I suspect they won't. As for reasons to get involved, I guess human decency is a foreign concept to some people. They'd rather hate and rant and spew lies then even think rationally for a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Wow. The crazies in this thread...

I hope things improve in Syria. Though I suspect they won't. As for reasons to get involved, I guess human decency is a foreign concept to some people. They'd rather hate and rant and spew lies then even think rationally for a few moments.
    So we send our troops in, and they get a canister of Sarin exploding over them, and they are dead within an hour. Are you volunteering?

Deleted
    Hey, let's have a read of the Pro-Syrian side for once, you know... Considering absolutely every single avenue of media presented to us over here in the west depicts but one side of the story.

http://friendsofsyria.wordpress.com/

'Tis a blog, but feel free to check the sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So we send our troops in, and they get a canister of Sarin exploding over them, and they are dead within an hour. Are you volunteering?
    I didn't know you were a general.

Because we have these things called 'airplanes'; they can bomb the shit out of SCUDS from the air. We also have these things called 'Patriot Missiles'; they can shoot down SCUDS in the air. Lastly, we have these things called gas masks and chemical hazard suits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assad had his chance to pull a Chemical Ali and missed it. Personally I suspect that he planned to during the e-out, but some cronies stalled. Going chemical now would be pointless since all it would do is make it that much harder for Assad to find someplace to hide once the last of his cronies abandon him.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account

Because we have these things called 'airplanes'; they can bomb the shit out of SCUDS from the air. We also have these things called 'Patriot Missiles'; they can shoot down SCUDS in the air. Lastly, we have these things called gas masks and chemical hazard suits.
    great idea lets airstrike a chemical weapons dump. watch it blow in and kill everyone around. but hey no americans died in the making of this commercial. and hey theyre free now arent they. just dead. 1.5 million dead iraqis and still youve learned nothing.

team america f*ck ye!

Deleted
    Aeroplanes* but still, who is making these chemical weapon claims, you know... WMDs guys WMDs!

Gotta go in there before he uses these imaginary WMDs and prevent him from using his... WMDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    legally obligated? really? what laws would that be that obliged you to act?

i dont think anyone agrees with him using chemical weapons. people are after iraq somewhat sceptical of claims of WMDs from USA and its master Israel.
    UN chemical weapons convention.

But I forgot, you only support the UN when they are recognizing a Palestinian state.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Aeroplanes* but still, who is making these chemical weapon claims, you know... WMDs guys WMDs!

Gotta go in there before he uses these imaginary WMDs and prevent him from using his... WMDs.
    We'd only be going in after he used them. Kinda hard to say he doesn't have them when he would have already used them.

But I forgot, you only support the UN when they are recognizing a Palestinian state.
    Yikes. Bringing out the big guns I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Isn't that what the military thugs get paid for? To die in the name of justice and liberty for all? I am a little confused - what is the point of giving out massive perks and give applause to military and ex-military if we are NOT going to use them as meat for the grinder when necessary?

On a more serious note, its not like its impossible to defend against chemical attacks.

But I don't think US should participate. People kill people all the time, its a tried and true concept. There is no reason to waste the well-being of our nation (what little is left) for the sake of some random people in Syria.

10+ Year Old Account

thats your second try at this well done. i saw you deleted your earlier post. you know the one where theres no mention at all that the US is "legally obligated" as you put it to act. just more hot air from you with no basis in fact or truth.

Deleted
    We'd only be going in after he used them. Kinda hard to say he doesn't have them when he would have already used them.
    But you see, that is absolutely perfect for instigating military action isn't it?

"Hey we THINK he MIGHT use weapons that we HAVEN'T CONFIRMED yet... but just INCASE, lets go and blow the shit out of him"

Iraq v.2 - think the 'mericans would've learned by now? If they weren't blatant out-right lies that is, a precursor for war...

(And I don't mean that as in the American people, but their warmongering war/foreign policy)

If you fire a patriot missile at another missile, and that missile has a liquid payload, wouldn't that cause the payload to be spread over a larger area than normal?

The mere contact of 1 milliliter (0.03 fl.oz) to the skin is enough to kill a person.

This is the US government guideline for a first responder' protective clothing to a sarin accident:

A NIOSH-certified CBRN full-face-piece SCBA operated in a pressure-demand mode or a pressure-demand supplied air hose respirator with an auxiliary escape bottle.
    A Totally-Encapsulating Chemical Protective (TECP) suit that provides protection against CBRN agents.
    Chemical-resistant gloves (outer).
    Chemical-resistant gloves (inner).
    Chemical-resistant boots with a steel toe and shank.
    Coveralls, long underwear, and a hard hat worn under the TECP suit are optional items.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/ershdb/Emer..._29750001.html

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    But you see, that is absolutely perfect for instigating military action isn't it?

"Hey we THINK he MIGHT use weapons that we HAVEN'T CONFIRMED yet... but just INCASE, lets go and blow the shit out of him"

Iraq v.2 - think the 'mericans would've learned by now? If they weren't blatant out-right lies that is, a precursor for war...

(And I don't mean that as in the American people, but their warmongering war/foreign policy)
    Is that why Americans have waited this long? Just to go in now?

Protip: The American public won't tolerate another Iraq.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats your second try at this well done. i saw you deleted your earlier post.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about here I didn't delete a post.

Anyway, use of chemical weapons are banned under the CWC, which by the way even Israel has signed, Syria has not. If any country uses chemical weapons the UN will respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're talking about here I didn't delete a post.

Anyway, use of chemical weapons are banned under the CWC, which by the way even Israel has signed, Syria has not. If any country uses chemical weapons the UN will respond.
    israel may have signed it but still dropped white phosphorus all over gaza. let the UN respond. my question to you was what "legal obligation" is there on america to act. as we both know there isnt one.

10+ Year Old Account
    israel may have signed it but still dropped white phosphorus all over gaza. let the UN respond. my question to you was what "legal obligation" is there on america to act. as we both know there isnt one.
    If not CWC, then certainly through the genocide convention, we would be legally obligated to act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convent...me_of_Genocide

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 10:39 AM ----------

my question to you was what "legal obligation" is there on america to act. as we both know there isnt one.
    The RtoP would also work just fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_to_protect