Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"There are currently more Retribution Paladins than Rogues."

So what exactly is this point of announcing this in a blue post? There are more everything than rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my realm is going against the flow then, everyone and they're granny is either Rogue or Shaman.., which reminds me, source pls!

my bad, not a blue post but during an interview with greg street, its the latest post on the front page

Warcraft Census Showing all realms and races.

Here is where you can separate fact from fiction and hyperbole.

I think he is actually putting down ret. pallys here by wording it like that. Basically saying - wow this 1 awful spec of pallys is even more popular than the entire class of rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    So what exactly is this point of announcing this in a blue post? There are more everything than rogues.
    It's not an "announcement in a blue post"... it's a detail extracted from an interview.

I don't know what the context was where he gave this detail from as I really don't want to sit through and listen to that doink's hyperbole... but I'm sure others here did read it, and they could point it out.

What does it mean to me? That if I came back to WoW I should seriously consider raising the prices of Heavy Junkboxes that I sell. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because that means players like one spec more than an entire class.. So they probably want to make rogues more popular.
    How? Rogues have taken everything away.

Ferals have stealh, since Cata hunters have stealh. Ferals have more specs of all types, hunters also have pets for easy kiting and traps.
    Death knights are a melee class using something similar to poisons, but they wear plate armor, which makes them better.
    Monks are a melee class taking away what was left from rogues, the martial style fighting, except rogues did it with daggers instead of hands alone.

Rogues have gotten little to no new stuff since BC, while all other classes got reinvented, rogues did not.
    Rogues had their abilities taken away while other classes got new ones.
    All rogue specs are very similar now since some core abilities of each spec were removed and put so everyone can take them.

Giving rogues a legendary didn't work, it increased the population for a bit and then the end, it was just a bubble that went away as soon as the daggers were useless.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-12-06 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    The quote really says it all.

Now I have a rogue alt and to me playing a rogue feels really clunky, slow, and old fashioned.

The requirement of being stuck behind your target and slowly ramping up points feels too restrictive for today's fast paced combat.

We should have a contest to see who is more underrepresented in PvP - Rogues or Windwalker Monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's not an "announcement in a blue post"... it's a detail extracted from an interview.

I don't know what the context was where he gave this detail from as I really don't want to sit through and listen to that doink's hyperbole... but I'm sure others here did read it, and they could point it out.
    This is exactly what it was. He was speaking about how the whole "hatred for paladins and how he is a mage" came about and he stated that the paladin population was massive so when changes were done to that class, it looks like he is picking on paladins. Part of that statement when he was saying that the population was so large, was that there most likely was more ret paladins than rogues.

The problem with every class and spec comes down to PvP vs PvE.

Give a class something that makes them special or competitive in PvE and it gets exploited and overused in PvP. Then people bitch and moan and that gets taken away or nerfed to a point where no one uses it.

IMHO, if they give rogues back great dps in PvE, then when it gets paired with their stuns and such they're immediately OMFG OP!!!1111!1!111! in PvP.

Maybe PvE gear should affect your casts one way and your PvP gear could add completely different modifiers. This way PvE doesn't get nerfed because of PvP and vice versa.

Deleted
    Ret skillcap is like 0 and well the rogue skillcap....

Last time rogues were a popular class to play it was 2007 and George W Bush was still in the White House.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh jee I wonder WHY they are more ret paladins then rogues or anything else for that matter good work blizzard for breaking my former class; Least they are decent in pvE but in PVP = HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post

That site is not exactly very accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    We should have a contest to see who is more underrepresented in PvP - Rogues or Windwalker Monks.
    They both are equally crap.
    I do love the fact that the Blue's acknowledge the fact that both classes have issue's. It shows they are atleast aware and willing to look into how to fix them.
    Also, they are already deep into planning/working on 5.2. So I am hopefull they are going to buff those 2 classes.

15+ Year Old Account

Warcraft realms is notoriously not completely accurate. It's dependent on people using the addon to update it, not like it parses the armory or anything.

The idea that Paladins are actually that few and far between is a bit laughable. Their representation has gone down from Cata, but not that much.

Deleted
    Because if you've played the game long enough you'd remember the days where the idea of ret made you physically sick or suffer significant rib cage damage due to uncontrollable laughter. And rogues have always been cool class. I blame the Blood Elves, no seriously Blood elf paladins are probably the biggest mistake Blizzard has ever done, wrecked the Horde in my opinion, yes I still have that 5 year old grudge.

So you're saying WarCraft Census is just fiction and hyperbole?