Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If you only need a few fools cap a day for potions then I would suggest getting your farming up so you can plant enigma seeds. I was growing the bells for motes to trade in 1.6 a day or 9 every 2 days but I am finding with the herb seed I get 5-6 lotus a day and 10-12 of the other herbs. If your only need is for a potion here or there this would be the least time consuming and most efficient way to make a dozen of each herb (not lotus obviously) a day.

If you are mass consuming them for inscription then I would suggest both farming and gathering. I have also located other out of the way places that grow fools cap that have supplimented the briney muck after I have checked the muck. There is more aggro but I am over geared for the aggro so its not a big problem.

I don't farm Fool's Cap personally as I use all my herbs for inscription and Green Tea Leaves are just so much more plentiful in general. However, I've noticed that spawn rates don't seem any lower in my particular farm spot. In fact I actually used to have to wait about a minute for the cycle to start spawning after I had picked all of the spawns and now it's already started re-spawning by the time I finish one lap. I have the exact same "problem" with ghost iron on my miner when farming the same loop. I tend to pull up about 600 green tea leaves in 60-90 minutes or so though. I've never timed it so I'm just ball-parking but I know my empty bag space lets me pick about 600 before I have to go mill them. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it seems to have stayed consistent despite the supposed decrease in spawn rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    This needed to be done, I was literally just flying over herbs because I had so many. It felt effortless to herb farm, because there was literally so many. It didn't take anytime to level it to max the first few days. I was like woah, this has got 10000x easier. Glad I didn't sell most of my herbs, maybe they will be worth something now.
    Founder of Kentuckynerd.com come visit for podcasts and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Smango View Post
    This needed to be done, I was literally just flying over herbs because I had so many. It felt effortless to herb farm, because there was literally so many. It didn't take anytime to level it to max the first few days. I was like woah, this has got 10000x easier. Glad I didn't sell most of my herbs, maybe they will be worth something now.
    Yeah I use to skip herbs just because there was a mob that would aggro near it, now I am like, "Look out! Frieght train coming through!" I also notice people fighting over tea leaves on Hozen hill in 4 winds. 8)