Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP...... pro tip for the future.... next time put such jerks on ignore. Once they are on your ignore list, you will never get grouped with them.
    And if you are a healer, you can laugh about the queue times. He on the other hand will only extent his queue if a plethora of people has him on ignore.
    You can ignore after a kick, or after you left. Just roll back the chat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Very likely someone in the group immediately linked the healing meters and vote kicked the idiot right after they vote kicked you.
    Yeah possibly. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Are people still complaining about LFR?

Wowzers.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't explain shit, and don't ever challenge someone in a group who is doing something wrong. The wow community is so screwed up these days that instead of him, YOU will get kicked.

Like today when a hunter in an heroic kept needing all the blue items from bosses and disenchanting them (he was full epic) saying he "needed" the shards. Tried to votekick him out for ninjaing, failed, and the group proceeded to votekick me out. (All from different realms) I mean what the hell is up with the people these days.

Pst a few people who look like they DO know what they are doing(make sure they arn't in his guild/server). A good bet is to look for normal/heroic gear from that boss. And silently start a votekick. It only takes a few people. To start the popup, and then it almost always passes.

If some random person says something in raid chat like "X person has the worst dps/healing/low ilvl/pvp gear/ is an idiot/ etc." there will always be at least 4-5 sheep that will automatically think "Zomg!!!1!! we MUST get rid of this person or else we won't make it and I won't get my epiXXXX... Zomg!!!1!!" And the person gets kicked.

I see this happen all the time and before I can type out something like "don't be silly, that's our best healer" or "stop talking crap" the person have been removed from the group. There are no consequences for the people that do these kicks as the person removed is simply replaced by another more or less instantly and no one cares.

The baseline problem is that the majority in the game actually do not have the ability to think for themselves, have no backbone or a fair amount of common sense. If we want to be playing wow we just gotta live with it. People are sheep and frankly, most of them quite stupid.. I'm sad to say
    Fentooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
    OToday in LFR some troll was telling people the wrong strats for the different boss mechanics.

So my questions to the community is this, what can be done, if anything to stop this BS? .

Well, the answer is simple and sad. Just like in Dragon Soul LFR, now that a lot of players have the gear they want and are starting to get bored. The trolling\Griefing starts becoming more commong. People popping hero on Trash or other terrible times. Tanks kiting bosses all over the place for no reason, People starting the event when the raid is 2-3 people short or after a long trash pull and some healers are low on mana. It really only takes 1-2 people to cause havoc, and many of those that consider themselves Pro girefers\Trollers work to perfect what to do.

But as others have stated, Lot of people are in LFR and they are half paying attention or scared someo one is going to noticed they are in greens and when a Kick window pops up, they hit yes, because surely no one would kick someone for no reason! I have a personal rule,I hit No to all Kick request if I don't know why that kick window is open and or I can't confirm the offense. Don't get me wrong, I will hit yes in a heartbeat on the monkeys who need on lock boxes. But as a whole, the trolling LFR have an agenda to ruin people's day. It's the only way they can have fun.

This is just a shit situation you cannot really do anything about.

There is one tiny thing you can do - when someone is the obvious asshat like this guy - as soon as you realize he will try to vote kick you, you immediately initiate a vote kick on him. The more pre-emptiviely the better. I've noticed many will not even read who they are vote kicking when clicking Yes.

Note that if this works ^ you will send this person into a blinding rage so double bonus.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-12-06 at 04:30 PM.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Nothing can be done about it. Get over it and re-queue.
    Not helping dude...

You broke the #1 rule of LFR.

Never, ever do anything in LFR to draw attention to yourself.
    Don't die, don't top the meter, don't be on the bottom of the meter, don't afk, and don't talk.

It's sad that there are so many jerks in LFR, but I save myself a lot of grief just by following that one golden rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
    Ok, so I admit this might be somewhat of a rant but it got me thinking about what can be done, if anything to stop situations like this from happening to others: Today in LFR some troll was telling people the wrong strats for the different boss mechanics. When I called him out on it and linked the tooltip for some of the spells (pointing out that some of the things were in fact buffs), he spammed the word "idiot" to me and the announced to the raid that I was intentionally trying to wipe the group and to kick me... which they did. I was top on the healing meters on every fight up and was one of the only people alive on several attempts that didn't go so well. I must admit that this definately pissed me off a little because now I have to queue and repeat things I've already done.

So my questions to the community is this, what can be done, if anything to stop this BS? Thoughts? Comments? Just want to hear what others have to say. As someone who doesn't AFK in the LFR or half ass my healing when I queue, I'm more than a little angry that players like me can be punished because someone wants to be an asshole.
    The issue is that you attempted to use logic and reason on someone who holds neither as a value. If anything, its your fault for expecting someone to be kind and understanding in a LFR.

Simply put, you need to start walking into a LFR assuming everyone in the group is a ham fingered pumpkin fucker who spends their time in a basement keyboard turning and brushing dorito crumbs out of their neckbeard.

You need to bring a gun to a knife fight. Next time, if someone does this, you need to turn the table, and relentlessly full caps "IDIOT" and urge the group to kick them.

welcome to LFR, you need to stoop to their level if you want to actively progress. Either that or pipe down and keep to yourself.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

10+ Year Old Account
    The average player is a complete moron. Get a bunch of them together in one large dungeon, without any leadership, and you will feel like you're babysitting without pay. Do not reason with them, do not bargain with them. Keep your mouth shut, do your job, and go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I was kicked from lfr earlier for being bottom (6th) on healing. I joined as DPS and was in DPS spec (and way ahead on the DPS, feel free to check my WoL reports ^^), I outhealed one of the healers so... I assumed they thought I was supposed to be healing and kicked me? so dumb
    Haha this reminds me of an LFR where a few of us from the same guild queued together. Our druid tank ended up 5th in healing, mostly because the other tank pulled while we only had 5 healers, and I think the 5th one was afk. Someone shouted "kick so and so (the tank), he isn't healing!", and he was kicked a few seconds later. All of us in the guild laughed so hard, and still remind him of it. Needless to say, we all left for a different group...

And to the people saying to afk or do things to purposefully cause problems in the group: Don't. The solution isn't to be a dick to 24 people (maybe the 1 person deserves it, but the other 23 don't). No one is going to be "taught a lesson" by you afk'ing or slacking. If you don't like how a run is going, leave; as someone else said, everyone is replaceable, but if you're taking up a spot and not contributing, you're just making the situation worse for the other 23-24 people.

Impossible to fix, this is the aftermath of destroying server communities with cross realm bullshit, including LFR/LFG and cross server pvp Qs.

This happened to my boyfriend who was tanking very recently. The other tank was terrible and never taunting, getting my b/f killed in the process. B/F tried to instruct the other tank what to do in tells after we beat Lei Shi (barely) and then I see a vote to kick for my b/f. It passed and I quickly realized that other tank had his guild with him and did whatever the eff he felt like because he could.

Same thing with me though not in LFR. I was on my DK and the paladin tank missed the elevator in Palace. The group runs up to the next trash pack thinking he was there and they face pull. So I tank the mobs (which I had been doing with at least one in every pack prior because the tank was off in his own little world) just so they wouldn't die. I get yelled at for pulling without the tank? So I jokingly make a remark about the tank missing the elevator and what happens? Kicked. C'est la vie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    The truth is that generally, keeping quiet in LFR is the best option. I usually just do my job and don't say a word no matter what anyone else is saying, unless we've wiped so many times that it's necessary to have someone step up to organize.

Example: Second week Garalon was out, the DK tank insisted...I mean full on insisted that he would take the pheremones, and that no one else needed to do it and since it was LFR we'd be fine. After about three or four wipes like that, I stepped in and said we should assign two ranged and politely asked two people to volunteer to take them. Two people volunteered and we killed it the next attempt.
    Fair enough, but I'd bring the point across in 1-2 wipes.

The rule is basically, if you need to say something, be VERY polite about it. If you can't make yourself be polite, suck it up and leave and requeue. Yes you'll have to do some bosses over again but I know what the healing queues are like, and you'll get in immediately instead of waiting 30-45 minutes like a dps would.
    I can't say things polite. I say things in a direct, no-nonsense way. What I do try is /w people instead of in public. If I'd say something in public and I'd get kicked then I'd suck it up. I wouldn't just leave without trying to fix the problem. I actually dislike such behavior. Sometimes you need to put effort into fixing a group's goal, and yes the level of LFR can sometimes be this low. The people who don't put in the effort to fix the problem (by not speaking out) are part of the problem IMO. I can also understand time constraint, but if you say you wait 3-4 times wiping before speaking out your time doesn't seem that valuable (plus requeueing and defeating bosses again also costs time).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Healers who watch TV while raiding didn't have much to do, and really need to play DPS as it's a wasted slot, otherwise.
    Oh I do go DPS on bosses where the caster DPS trinket drops, if I still need it (got both of them while in healer role). But I can watch TV while healing. I can also cast lightning bolt while the disc priest keeps everyone absorbed because he likes to be top on meters.

Did you pop blood lust or timewarp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Theres always a reason you are kicked from LFR.

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

4) Dont remain dead and wait for a rez, run back

5) Dont afk and auto follow people

There you go, surefire ways to not get kicked from LFR.
    I fully agree, not a single time i have seen someone getting kicked if they did their job. Stop sucking and don't get kicked, easy.

Two of my guildies were doing LFR this week with me and one of them had an error crash due to not running wow as administrator, it took her 30 seconds to reconnect and they had her kicked 5 seconds before she could reconnect even though we informed them that she was getting back on immediately. Then they crooned that Justice was served, which we repeated when we dumped group as soon as the next boss was pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    LFR is a cesspit, probably a few good people mixed with the social reject community of wow, all the ninjas, entitlement buttheads, elitists (in a lfr, lol) and every other negative aspect of wow cramped in one 25man group.
    The best thing you can do with a LFR, is go in, don't say a word, do half decent dps or healing, get in, get out, end of.
    I would say it can be a cesspit when you get a few of the social reject community of wow, ninjas, entitlement buttheads, elitists (in a lfr, lol) and every other negative aspect of wow cramped in one 25man group, but mainly it is good, casual players. I have had far more good runs than bad ones

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Let me guess, you're the "genius" mentioned by OP? Because you show exactly same inability to read.
    No, I'm simply looking passed the bullcrap.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."