Page 1 of 74
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Crying about PVP realms ''Blue'' response

I tend to lurk on their forums from time to time and I got to say this is possibly one of the funniest responses in awhile; This is what Daxxari has stated for those who rolled on a PVP realm and are crying about being ganked multiple times by a obviously higher level player

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.
    Full Source - > http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0822467?page=1

What do you think about it? Oh and I think It's awesome DEAL WITH IT hahahaha!!! Okay your turn ~

I think HELL YEAH!! At least one blue gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent, and it inspires me now to create a toon on a PvP server...or, at least, transfer a well-geared PvP toon to a PvP server

Deleted
    "Let the blood be spilled" Hopefully, this should make all the people complaining be quiet. It's a player versus player realm, which means other players can attack you. If you're at war with an enemy, they're not gonna just leave you be if you're weaker than they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my Randy!
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Blizzard telling people that a PvP server is in fact PvP. I'm shocked. lol. I get the feeling many Blizzard posters have a good laugh when they read about people bitching about PvP realms. PvP realms have been in the game for 8 years. That won't ever change that's for sure. I guess the newer players can't handle it. You can be sure Vanilla/BC players (who are left anyways) don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifus View Post
    "Let the blood be spilled" Hopefully, this should make all the people complaining be quiet. It's a player versus player realm, which means other players can attack you. If you're at war with an enemy, they're not gonna just leave you be if you're weaker than they are.
    +10 to you.

People piss me off when they say "it's not PVP if they're low level"

Sure it is, it's a Player versus another Player. Regardless of level. Sure it's a dick move, but in te end, it's PVP on a PVP server.

I can understand people liking that atmosphere but I think saying that people who voice their opinion on it are crying is a little much don't you think? I think saying people who have differing opinions are crying about anything is a little overused.

With that said I really don't mind the idea of PvP servers. I don't play them but that's not because of max level PvP, I rather enjoyed that. What irritates me is I just don't find leveling on them any fun at all, at least on any character that cannot stealth but that's just my opinion. The reason for that is max levels just doing nothing but 1 shotting and camping lowbies. I don't mind people being killed by someone 10 levels higher than me but 70 levels higher than me and then not letting me play is just nonsense. You can call that PvP but it's really not because there is no versus.

It's like me saying I am going to go hunting and I stomp ants all day. But again I understand why people enjoy it and are so fierce in defending it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion?

It might have helped cut down on the people complaining if they had done something like offer optional server transfers before they put CRZ in place.

Deleted
    Love it!

I'm getting sick and tired of all the complainers on PvP realms. If they don't like it, group with one on a PvE realm or change server!
    I'm always looking forward to being attacked while levelling (I rarely attack first myself), and when it happens, I do my damn best to destroy their sorry little alliance butts!

Yea, it's not fun being ganked by 90's, but if I'm getting ganked on players WAY higher level then myself, I simply log my main and get some nice world PvP going.

When I was levelling my DK I grouped up with a druid and we started questing together in Dread Wastes. An alliance warrior attacked us with his hunter friend, and we beat them. After a while some guildies of theirs showed up and started ganking us.
    That lead to me and the druid logging our mains and going back to kill them. That escalated to a ~15vs15 world PvP battle for hours, and after the ended battle, one of the alliances logged his horde char and whispered "Thanks for the great battle - Missed this alot and I'm very happy to finally meet someone willing to take up the challenge".

So yea, while it seems to suck for the poster, I really don't care at all.
    Live with it, or change server!

On a side note - I'm also happy that the blues finally says wtf they think!

It's funny I never realized how so many people seem to have come to the game during lulls in a lot of the game's features, to the point they feel these lulls should be baseline norms to design the game around.

I never would have guessed there would have been more than an isolated post here or there complaining about too many people in a zone for instance.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Its true, but its still blizzards fault basicly since they waited so long with adding something like this. As it says people have become accustomed with "empty" lower level areas on pvp servers where they could basicly wander around in peace. So shouldn't be a surprise that people complain now. Also its especially a pain for servers with high amounts on one side (crz or not) since it will keep on even in mop areas.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree with any post that uses the term "cockles".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something I always point out when I hear people complaining in trade chat that ganking is "unfair" or whatnot.

Ganking is the single and only purpose and intent of PvP realms. That's it. The total raison d'etre. There are no other factors at all.

The realms don't exist "for PvP". Think about it. Here's the types of available PvP action;

• Arenas
    • Battlegrounds
    • Rated Battlegrounds
    • Duels
    • World PvP zones (WG/Tol Barad) that auto-flag participants
    • Consensual World PvP (players flag themselves)
    • Non-consensual World PvP (ganking)

All except the last are completely and 100% available on PvE realms to the exact same extent that they are on PvP realms. No difference at all. The ONLY difference in the ruleset in this regard is that PvP realms automatically flag you outside of the starter zones and sanctuaries. And the ONLY purpose to that is forcing you to be vulnerable to ganking.

There's a few other small differences, but that's the chief one, and what most of the others center around. For instance; the idea that PvP realm activity is not actionable if there is a PvP solution; if they're killing your quest targets on a PvE realm, you can't aggro them if they're not flagged to stop them, so such action can be reported if it's continuous. On a PvP realm, the correct solution is "kill them". If you can't do it solo, get friends. If you don't have enough friends, hit Trade. If that doesn't work, log out and come back later; it's still not reportable just because you've failed to solve the problem.

The simple facts are; PvP realms exist for ganking. Some people like them because they like picking on noobs. I don't "get" that, but whatever. Some people (like myself) like them for the added sense of danger; every time I see a red name, I know I'm near getting killed, in a way that simply wouldn't exist on a PvE realm. I find that more engaging and fun, and that's why I play on PvP realms. If you just want to quest and solo world stuff in peace, then roll on/transfer to a PvE realm. That's what they're for.

Heck yes! that is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Its true, but its still blizzards fault basicly since they waited so long with adding something like this. As it says people have become accustomed with "empty" lower level areas on pvp servers where they could basicly wander around in peace. So shouldn't be a surprise that people complain now. Also its especially a pain for servers with high amounts on one side (crz or not) since it will keep on even in mop areas.
    No more than your speeding ticket is the cops' fault because they haven't been out ticketing people lately.

You knew the rules. Facing the consequences of them is no one's fault but your own. Period.

Deleted
    What I got is that it's okay to be griefed by high level douchebags and when you're high level, you can be a douchebag yourself.

A highly inappropriate response.

MoP was supposed to bring the WAR back to World of WARcraft. Obviously this was going to happen,
    when they added neutral daily hubs/daily hubs of both factions close together, where you are actively fighting against the other faction
    via quests.
    If you don't want to be ganked, why you roll on a PvP (Player vs. Player) server, when you know what will happen?
    I'm one of the guys who really despise nostalgia in any form, but in Cataclysm, I really missed being able to get into a fight in the open world.
    I tried it on my rogue, while TB dailies where still actively done, worked out kinda well.
    I tried it on my 70 shaman twink, trying to get into world PvP in higher northrend areas, because there's no point in
    ganking people who are in greens, while I'm in swp/brutal gear, was a hell lot of fun.
    But the first time since the sunwell dailies, it's actually possible to get into the open world and get into a massive fight
    with the other faction over the ownership of a certain area.

I will never attack a really undergeared person, an alt that's way under my level, any player who obviously hasn't got a chance
    (also new players, I try to spot them based on their playstyle (massive backpaddeling, taking an eternity to kill stuff, obvious bots are a different story and I try
    to kill them whenever I can)) or players who are at low health/in combat with a few mobs. If they mock me/attack me I will fight back and even try to gank them as long
    as I wish. But I don't see any problem with players who aren't that "fair" on a PvP server.

It's not like I wouldn't rage sometimes, when I am getting ganked on an alt, but it's the tradeoff and I take it with pleasure. Also
    I can just log onto my alt mage and fight back.

Ruining a players or servers experience is definitely a no-go, though. There have been several times in the past where
    groups of players just camped all login points of another player just to harass him. Also there have been times, where, on very unbalanced servers,
    it was not possible to go into his own capital city and live for more than 30 seconds. You should always remember that the other players are also human
    beings and are trying to have fun in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has always had a toon on a pvp realm i despise people who go around hunting low levels and gank them over and over. They are a disgrace to the side they play for and obviously have a major ego problem. Flying around mining and seeing a low level, killing him once then get on with mining is fine. As for pvp on unbalanced realms... well 60vs4 in the new daily zone is not pvp. Its mass genocide.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Pretty cool to hear that statement, after the many complaining people had. I for myself play mainly on an PvE Realm but theres always this time I want to go back, feel this thrill to be in a grave risk, some of my alts are on an PvP server still low and damn I have so much more fun questing, thats maybe just be me but anyways.

Last time I killed my way through a few bandits in the old Arathor Castle, god damn... an Orc Hunter appeared, me and my friend ran into the next house ruin and hid there for 5 Minutes, the feel to be hunted or observed on an PvP server is something awesome that I cant have on my PvE Realm and I dont want to miss it if I kill some douchy Horde's on my Dwarven Paladin. Of course the best experience is to fight against people on the same level, even without the leveling gear many have I could stand a chance.

I think PvP server should stay like this of course so I can feel this feeling in my Spine everytime I log in.