10+ Year Old Account

What will be the next talent system change?

I have a feeling they aren't going to stick with what we have now...so what are some ideas you guys have for the next new thing they try out?
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what is your Feeling based off of?

This is the first talent system that the Blues have like completely. i doubt they will change it since it is more forgiving when adding new levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    I have a feeling they aren't going to stick with what we have now...so what are some ideas you guys have for the next new thing they try out?
    We will be sticking with this system based on their responses. What their response was about is that certain talents that very few people are taking for either PvP or PvE will be looked at and see what can be done to make it more appealing. Ideally they want people to have at least two "good" choices. Not 1 best and 2 eh ones.

With that in mind, from what I got rogues will have theirs looked at and I'm sure any class that has level 90 talents that aren't being taken (I believe Warlocks or Mages were mentioning problems with theirs awhile back) will be looked at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new system...hoping it doesn't change (much). It will no doubt be expanded, and I do hope they get a little creative with that. Instead of adding a new tier for a new expansion (which would also be okay) they could consider giving level 95 players the ability to double dip in a tier or two, or perhaps forsake a tier and dip in elsewhere. Yes, this would be difficult to balance, but so would be a new tier of talents.

In any case, I doubt they are going to depart very far from this new model. It is vastly superior to the old.
    "Brevity is...wit"

The current talent system is the finished version of what they've been trying to work toward since Wrath. Cata's pruned trees were a baby step toward this, since they (as it turned out, rightly) assumed that going straight from Wrath's gigantic trees to what we have now would result in some serious outrage. However, it needed to be done. The old system wasn't built for expanding into four expansions worth of talents. It had become clumsy and top-heavy. The new system explicitly is designed for expandability, and it is much easier to balance. Easier to balance equates to more balanced.

The only change they're likely to do next expansion is add a new row of three talents.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    giving level 95 players
    They should go to 100 next expansion. Just get it over with.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Get what over with? blizz stated once upon a time that they didnt want to go past 100, but they took that statement back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post

theres nothing saying blizzard has to stop at 100 if thats what you're getting at.

i think they said they wanted 100 to be max level once, but since took it back.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 12:50 AM ----------

and to the OP, i think blizzard and most of the player base are satisfied with the talent system, i dont think we will see any major changed for a long time, maybe change the levels in which you receive talents around, and add a new tier in the expansion, but mostly i expect it to stay the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    They DID say during cata that what we had then was the "middle point" between the old talent system and the one they ultimately wanted. They just did it over 2 xpacs because they feared the full change would be too much too fast.

Personally, I hope they keep it this way for a while ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    The current system lacks depth, that's not to say it's bad, but it needs a few more tiers and possibly a few more options per tier, then it will surpass the old model imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    I have a feeling they aren't going to stick with what we have now...
    Wrong.

Patch 5.2 will bring more talent changes than Patch 5.1, but they will mostly be number tweaks.
    On the freakin front page.

They're very happy with the new talent system and I doubt it'll change substantially in the forseeable future. If you look back on all the talent design changes from Vanilla to present (or at least from BC onwards), you can actually see that the fundamental issue they were grappling with was whether to preserve the talent tree structure or go with a system like we have now. The evolution is complete and all of the issues the trees caused design-wise have been eliminated, all that remains now is to refine the individual talents for each class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Rogue talents are probably the only ones they're gonna do a relatively major tweak to.

i miss the old talent system. at least it didnt get my ret 4pc bonus nerfed cause one talent was preferable. thanks devs! i love losing dps cause of your inability to balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    One new talent for 95, 7 talents in total.

First one at 17, then 30, 43, 56, 69, 82 and last at 95.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    They will bring back vanilla style talent trees, combined with what we have now, the trees will be mostly cosmetic/fun/easy2balance "flavor" spells/abilities giving players that "depth" they want, while keeping the feel of spec how you want.