Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1- No. i never "claimed the CIA behaviour was your doing". By NOT mentioning YOUR intelligence ... i was using a touch of irony. You keep taking personal. i dont know what you want at this stage.
    2- i dont think you are in the position of spreading info on how to get information on the net. You're extremely one sided.
    3- Fairly self sufficent? i dont think that qualify as an answer. Is the CIA linked to the government in power you can say yes or no. you cant say, fairly sufficent.
    4- Yeh thats not good though do you understand that or not?
    5- Showing your face?
    6- Hard to have peace when you have economical sanctions because you want to develop nuclear power
    9- Mate... if the ~UN~ says it belongs to the Palestinians, it belongs to the Palestinians. Might makes right works well when you're in power. its a horrendous concept that i cant believe a person sane of mind would sincerely support.
    10- Now it gets funny. I want you to scan ALL my posts and tell me where exactly i declared my support for Iran.
    Just because i dont think they're the evil demons you and others are depicting does not mean i condone everything they do.
    But good job keeping on the wrong track. Want me to start linking some pictures of YOUR side's collateral damage?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    sorry thats completely unbelievable. its also a fraction of the palestinians that youve killed. there are quite detailed figures online for casualties on both sides but I guess like your earlier post you dont really do facts or figures just propoganda and mis truth.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli...inian_conflict

Year Deaths
    Palestinians Israelis
    2011 118 (13) 11 (5)
    2010 81 (9) 8 (0)
    2009 1034 (314) 9 (1)
    2008 887 (128) 35 (4)
    2007 385 (52) 13 (0)
    2006 665 (140) 23 (1)
    2005 190 (49) 51 (6)
    2004 832 (181) 108 (8)
    2003 588 (119) 185 (21)
    2002 1032 (160) 419 (47)
    2001 469 (80) 192 (36)
    2000 282 (86) 41 (0)
    1999 9 (0) 4 (0)
    1998 28 (3) 12 (0)
    1997 21 (5) 29 (3)
    1996 74 (11) 75 (8)
    1995 45 (5) 46 (0)
    1994 152 (24) 74 (2)
    1993 180 (41) 61 (0)
    1992 138 (23) 34 (1)
    1991 104 (27) 19 (0)
    1990 145 (25) 22 (0)
    1989 305 (83) 31 (1)
    1988 310 (50) 12 (3)
    1987 22 (5) 0 (0)
    Total 7978 (1620) 1503 (142)

yeh but they were ALL terrorists!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    well if you think its the reason cause its far away in the past. Sorry to correct you but things in that area went pear shaped WAY before the romans.
    Also no, the reason there is an issue there is to be found in the latest century, through the wars.
    The wars of the last hundred years are linked to the wars of the last 2330 years.

All though these period The people of the region do acts of terror and petty violence against the governments in charge.

330 BCE Alexander takes over Israel, which was controlled by the Persian Empire.
    63 BCE Rome takes.
    66-73 CE the Jewish revolt. (granted Jews had been resisting occupation since the Persians.)
    The Jews who resisted occupation are moved to Greece or killed, the rest live peacefully under roman rule.
    135 CE another Jewish uprising over 500k Jews are slaughtered, Survivors are taken as slaves, or leave to Greece or Russia. However the Jews OK with Roman rule stay put.
    195 CE Judaism and Christianity fully become two separate religions. Up until this point Most Christians where Jewish.
    326 CE Christianity is the Official Religion of Rome, the Jews in Palestine aren't happy but do nothing.
    610 CE Islam moves in. Persians.
    614 CE Jews are appointed governorship of Palestine, Christians Revolt.
    638 CE Islamic rule, Christians and Jews subjugated.
    687 CE Dome of the Rock, Jews are pissed and powerless.
    968 CE Fatimite rule. Arabs
    1099 CE Crusades
    1187 CE End of European Rule of Palestine. Beginning of 'Turkish' rule.
    1516 CE Ottoman Turks take over
    1799 CE French occupation didn't last long
    1916 CE British take the region away from the Ottomans.

During this timeline Jews were always present, Sometimes even appointed to government. The reality is all three types of People in Israel and Palestine have the right to live there. Israel being a Parliamentary democracy with a Jewish Majority is why anyone has issue.

As to Iran, the only issue they have is that in 610 Jerusalem became the Qibla (focal point for Muslim prayers) for fourteen years until it was replaced by Mecca in 624. According to strict Shi'a belief only a True Islamic Cleric can rule over consecrated Islamic land. And the very Heart of Israel is such a place.

Yeah you're right they're all evil iran-lovers... all of them!
    never said that. i said they were US bashers that will grasp at any straw to bash

1) data?

2) you dont understand how can events happened 2000 years old be foggy, mh ok no problem.

3) Big fail in here. I would have accepted an apology, but no. You keep comparing me and others to child soldiers terrorist supporters. Even though not for a SINGLE MOMENT we discussed about the argoment on itself. So who;s not with you supports child terrorists. mmmhkay nice mentality.

4) take criticism? i dont understand. what criticism? Your view on israel, i repeat, is peculiar. i wonder what kind of books you read. Cause even the official ones arent that one sided.
    never claimed that, but im assuming you were responding to someone else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    never said that. i said they were US bashers that will grasp at any straw to bash

never claimed that, but im assuming you were responding to someone else
    People don't bash. On neither side. It's very hard to come up with a complete flat out supporter that blindly follows a guide.
    There is people that talk to open their mouth but thats everywhere isnt it
    And yeh the second part was directed to the gentleman above.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    If it is true, maybe they're doing it to try and provoke a reaction, pretty fucked up.

I'm pretty sure violation of airspace like that can be seen as an act of war, it was ignored the first time and the US didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I wonder what now.
    Lol @ the OP.

What the fuck is anyone going to do about it? Go ahead, try and "slap the wrist" of the US and see where that gets you. Are you a fucking moron? Why even bother with posting that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Nice Wikiquote, 1 the data is Irrelevant because the source, 2 the numbers I was using come from a terrorist watchdog site. Which covered 2000-2010, I should have linked it, My bad. the data you have from the non-stop war. So I was talking apples and you show data on oranges as if it relates.

1- No. i never "claimed the CIA behaviour was your doing". By NOT mentioning YOUR intelligence ... i was using a touch of irony. You keep taking personal. i dont know what you want at this stage.
    2- i dont think you are in the position of spreading info on how to get information on the net. You're extremely one sided.
    3- Fairly self sufficent? i dont think that qualify as an answer. Is the CIA linked to the government in power you can say yes or no. you cant say, fairly sufficent.
    4- Yeh thats not good though do you understand that or not?
    5- Showing your face?
    6- Hard to have peace when you have economical sanctions because you want to develop nuclear power
    9- Mate... if the ~UN~ says it belongs to the Palestinians, it belongs to the Palestinians. Might makes right works well when you're in power. its a horrendous concept that i cant believe a person sane of mind would sincerely support.
    10- Now it gets funny. I want you to scan ALL my posts and tell me where exactly i declared my support for Iran.
    Just because i dont think they're the evil demons you and others are depicting does not mean i condone everything they do.
    But good job keeping on the wrong track. Want me to start linking some pictures of YOUR side's collateral damage?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:58 PM ----------

yeh but they were ALL terrorists!
    1. next time you try sarcasm indicate it otherwise it looks like a personal attack.
    2. Hey I admit I'm a fat cow in North Hollywood, I have a nuclear background when I was in the military, but these days I sit and read whats going on in the world, or I play WOW. Today I'm arguing with you. It helps keep the boredom of a off of my failed life. I freely admit these things, you however hide who you are.
    3. The people of the USA do not support the Actions of the CIA, in fact most of what they do is against the laws of the US. But they have the power to get away with it because they are self funded. And only get tax money on join ventures.
    4. I think I said all nations are by nature Evil, this includes the US government. In a perfect world the Jews and Muslim Palestinians would realize they are the same people and work to help each other. The USA would not need a military, and the UN would be the world government. In our world the UN is a tool of the USA to prevent the rise of another Hitler. And when the US agrees with the UN it will enforce the Resolutions. If the USA disagrees than no one can do a thing. I never said 'Might makes right' was a moral thing, it's just how human society has always worked.
    5. See the banner below, I make it rather easy to find out who I am. I don't hide anonymously and point fingers at people. And call them names, I understand that I can piss someone off and they can find me IRL. It makes my point stronger, by hiding your face you are saying you are afraid of reprisal for a belief or opinion.
    6. In a nation with the amount of oil reserves that Iran has they have no need for nuclear power. With the viability of advance solar and wind power that is being developed the best green choice is also not Nuclear. Also there are ways of making Nuclear power which do not need or use Uranium and do not create weapons grade materials. Only if you plan to make weapons would you use that type of Nuclear power-plant. By endorsing several known Terrorist organizations and telling Saudi Arabia that 'we will close the Persian gulf makes it clear what the long term goals of the possible weapons might be. I'm less worried about Israel and more worried they will hit an Arab city. the simple reason being is you will damage the dome of the rock if you attack Israel with a Nuke. But Riyadh is a long way away from Holy locations.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2012-12-05 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    1- under many angles i still struggle to see how it could be viewed as offensive.
    2- admit what you want, to be honest i could not care less, but in a conversation in a forum there is no need to disclose "who you are", neither to hide who you are.
    4- Lets see if we can step ahead and evolve from this way of thinking.
    5- I see the banner and i sincerely dont care. Till now you're the only one that hit low.
    Dont worry, i wont come looking for you for a debate on a forum, althought i admit youre probably the most one sided person ive ever talked to.
    I've talked to Israelis with less biased views.
    6- Please don't tell me you've mentioned solar and wind power, which are failing miserably.
    Nuclear power is about many things, not only energy, not only weaponry. Its about research and advance too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nychris View Post
    The first drone that was cought by Iran some time ago was Hyjacked in mid air , by hacking its communication/system so it was put down and the US asked for its return tho never happened.

And to all those US mainstream lovers that think that the US is the best and so peace loving , this is some facts:
    US bombed Japan after they got butthurt and spanked at Pearl Harbor.
    US gave weapons to the Afghani people in the 60-70s while the soviet were invading them , so the Al-Qaida / Talibani were born by US $$ and supply of weapons. Few years later US goes ALMIGHTY TO SAVE THE AFGHANI PEOPLE and give them freedom...
    US invades Iraq with a Quest to find Nuclear weapons and give the Iraqi weapon Freedom, the only thing they did is destroy a country and make people poorer and kick them out of their homes.
    The list goes on...

Iran has the right to have any kind of power to fight what ever they see as an enemy , Iran has every single US / Israeli army base in Rocket sight and can destroy them.
    Why do you think US / Nato / Arabic Petrol countries DONT DARE TO get into the Syrian conflict ? The Isreali goverment keeps making threats that they wont let Iran have nuclear weapons yet they cant even go head to head with Hamas that is right next to them.

Oh and to the "US people" that keep claiming they are True Americans , well guys your a mix of random of Irish / English / Spanish / French /... THE REAL americans are the native red Indians.
    US bombed Japan because of an unprovoked attack (by that I mean we didn't attack them first) on Pearl Harbor, killing alot of service men, women, and some civilians. You basically just spit on their graves by referring to it as 'butthurt and spanked.' It was retalliation, not warmongering. I'm sorry, but if someone bombed my backyard over being 'butthurt' over resources, I'd be pissed and fire back.

US (starting with Sen. Charlie Wilson) was involved with the Afghani war with Soviets by providing them weapons. What formed out of that was the piss-poor follow up on our part. Again, not warmongering, just stopping Soviets from steamrolling other countries. "These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world... and then we fucked up the end game." -Charlie Wilson

The war an Afghanistan started with 9/11. Which as we know Osama Bin Ladin was not found (as we left to go to Iraq).

US invaded Iraq (with false pretenses of WMDs), they didn't invade them for nukes, it was for oil. (Last part, my opinion)

Only point to be made here, is that 'clean up' after the fact of things happening, is not the US's specialty.

EDIT: Furthermore...our country is known for being a melting pot. These 'true Americans' you mentioned, were more than likely BORN here. Your ancestors may have conquered the very land you live in, so how are you any different? And NO, we are not a 'peace loving society.' There are those in it that may be, but others who aren't. No idea where you pulled that out of.

A war with Syria may be coming, get your head out of the sand. Furthermore, your entire post is uneducated and obviously anti-US.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

In a perfect world the Jews and Muslim Palestinians would realize they are the same people and work to help each other. The USA would not need a military, and the UN would be the world government.
    Not crazy about one government over the entire world; including the US
    Last edited by Hughes; 2012-12-06 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    1- under many angles i still struggle to see how it could be viewed as offensive.
    2- admit what you want, to be honest i could not care less, but in a conversation in a forum there is no need to disclose "who you are", neither to hide who you are.
    4- Lets see if we can step ahead and evolve from this way of thinking.
    5- I see the banner and i sincerely dont care. Till now you're the only one that hit low.
    Dont worry, i wont come looking for you for a debate on a forum, althought i admit youre probably the most one sided person ive ever talked to.
    I've talked to Israelis with less biased views.
    6- Please don't tell me you've mentioned solar and wind power, which are failing miserably.
    Nuclear power is about many things, not only energy, not only weaponry. Its about research and advance too.
    1. fair enough I'll take your word that it is a simple miss-understanding.
    2. True, but with such a hard line perspective such as you and the daily does of anti-israel Orc that has been posting I feel you guys could easily be either highly opinionated or actually working for an organization trying to spread propaganda. Ironically it was the Republican Party that got caught doing it, so I now feel if someone is too one sided and they are unable to admit something about themselves the likely-hood that they are being paid is high. Not saying you are even though English is not your primary language I can see your emotions in your typing. It is the one humanizing quality you have that has me constantly replying instead of doing my dailies.
    4. lol, humanity evolve? Not until Religions are banned from the Earth can we evolve. Granted I might be hasty because mutations are always happening.
    5. Thanks I guess trust me you haven't even gotten my actual opinions I am providing a counter point to the one sided anti-US/Israel hate. My opinions have not played into anything I have said.
    6. You need update your solar facts, it is doing really well in Germany, it has done well in California until the Republicans gutted the solar industry. Same goes with Wind power, the Republicans have completely gutted the industry in the US. Ironically you should check into Saudi Arabia they are funding Solar and Wind research.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    All reports state no U.S drones missing so....nope they dont have another

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    US bombed Japan because of an unprovoked attack (by that I mean we didn't attack them first) on Pearl Harbor, killing alot of service men, women, and some civilians. You basically just spit on their graves by referring to it as 'butthurt and spanked.' It was retalliation, not warmongering. I'm sorry, but if someone bombed my backyard over being 'butthurt' over resources, I'd be pissed and fire back.

US (starting with Sen. Charlie Wilson) was involved with the Afghani war with Soviets by providing them weapons. What formed out of that was the piss-poor follow up on our part. Again, not warmongering, just stopping Soviets from steamrolling other countries. "These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world... and then we fucked up the end game." -Charlie Wilson

The war an Afghanistan started with 9/11. Which as we know Osama Bin Ladin was not found (as we left to go to Iraq).

US invaded Iraq (with false pretenses of WMDs), they didn't invade them for nukes, it was for oil. (Last part, my opinion)

Only point to be made here, is that 'clean up' after the fact of things happening, is not the US's specialty.

EDIT: Furthermore...our country is known for being a melting pot. These 'true Americans' you mentioned, were more than likely BORN here. Your ancestors may have conquered the very land you live in, so how are you any different? And NO, we are not a 'peace loving society.' There are those in it that may be, but others who aren't. No idea where you pulled that out of.

A war with Syria may be coming, get your head out of the sand. Furthermore, your entire post is uneducated and obviously anti-US.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:17 AM ----------

Not crazy about one government over the entire world; including the US

Not actually disagreeing with you, but I should point a few things out.

1. Perl Harbor happened because the United States had an Embargo on all trade with Japan, being as America had the largest Iron industry in the world at the time it really hurt Japan's ability to modernize. So to think it wasn't provoked is not actually understanding the full history of events in the Pacific. As for the Bombing of Japan that was because the US was at war with them and needed an end to the war. The two nuclear weapons ended the Japanese will to resist.

2. The Taliban, the US put them in power by giving them weapons. And yes the US dropped the ball politically with them, we could have had an Islamic ally instead the soviets pulled out and we ignored them. So they didn't really like America too much. As for Bin Laden I hate his dead guts. But I have read his reasoning to why he formed al-Qaeda, and even though I hate the method, and belief in retribution he had I do not disagree with why he was upset in the first place. I would be too, and frankly it is a comedy of errors on all sides that has placed the world in this place.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best documented civilization in the Ancient world was Rome, so I have no idea how you can feel it is in any way foggy. Now right after the end of Roman power in Western Europe things get foggy. After the fall of Constantinople things become unclear. But the Romans kept records of everything, they loved to record every detail. Even stupid things, like recording the building of a ramp to reach the top of a Mountain to kill the last group of Jewish resistance. They had a Jewish scholar record it in Latin and Aramaic.
    Best documented =/= completely documented. While it's true that we have a ton of written and other records of classical Rome, there are also a ton of holes in our knowledge. It's not like we have the Roman equivalent of the Library of Congress sitting around intact.

It's also interesting that you mention the siege of the Jewish rebels at Masada, the last holdouts of the First Jewish-Roman War. A war that was started by Judean militias attacking Romans and Greek in Jerusalem when they revolted against Roman-imposed taxes, and during which it's estimated over a million people died, many at the hands of the rebels as well as the Romans.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    LOL, sort of why I hate it when "Real Americans" talk about Ford Trucks, Small Towns, Country Music, God, and Football (NFL not kickball).

And your comment reminds me of Dr Stragelove for some reason.

Well, it's rather funny, since Americans are the only people on earth I have ever heard of who wave the shit out of their flag, then pretend to be Canadians when they travel. (Americans stop doing that btw, or maybe americans present in this thread should just admit WHY they feel they need to do that, but then I suppose then you'd have to admit some things you don't want to.)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Well, it's rather funny, since Americans are the only people on earth I have ever heard of who wave the shit out of their flag, then pretend to be Canadians when they travel. (Americans stop doing that btw, or maybe americans present in this thread should just admit WHY they feel they need to do that, but then I suppose then you'd have to admit some things you don't want to.)
    We pretend to be Canadians when we travel? Funny I've never pretended to be anything but an American and I've had no issues what so ever. But of course your assumption that americans pretend to be canadians must be correct, so what things do you think I should admit to that I don't want to?

I'm an American unless I visit a country that kidnaps Americans...in that case my wife is American and I'm Polish; I'm just tagging along
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Best documented =/= completely documented. While it's true that we have a ton of written and other records of classical Rome, there are also a ton of holes in our knowledge. It's not like we have the Roman equivalent of the Library of Congress sitting around intact.

It's also interesting that you mention the siege of the Jewish rebels at Masada, the last holdouts of the First Jewish-Roman War. A war that was started by Judean militias attacking Romans and Greek in Jerusalem when they revolted against Roman-imposed taxes, and during which it's estimated over a million people died, many at the hands of the rebels as well as the Romans.

It was intentional, because the actions of the people native to that land have been consistent though out history. I find it quiet sad that both-sides of the dispute fail to recognize they are the same people, and should be working together.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 02:52 PM ----------

I'm dual national USA and the UK, when I travel I am very proud of being from California, I wear Vans shoes, video game tee shirts, and khaki jeans. I say 'Dude' a lot. So I am not sure where you get the idea of Americans pretending to be Canadians. When I lived in London I knew some Canadians, they were quiet and meet, really boring. Now the Australians and Irish they knew how to Party so if I was to pretend to be something I would be Aussie or Irish, and then get wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust Iran and have no reason to. Countries with a track record like Iran don't get afforded the benefit of the doubt by the west. If they don't like it, too bad, it's not their decision to make. Their lack of cooperation with UN inspectors means that the mere possibility of them developing nuclear weapons is cause for the west to hold them on a tight leash. Some nations can be trusted with nuclear weapons, unstable middle eastern nations do not qualify in that regard, therefore it is the responsibility of those in the world with power to make sure such destructive weaponry does not fall into irresponsible hands.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    I don't trust Iran and have no reason to. Countries with a track record like Iran don't get afforded the benefit of the doubt by the west. If they don't like it, too bad, it's not their decision to make. Their lack of cooperation with UN inspectors means that the mere possibility of them developing nuclear weapons is cause for the west to hold them on a tight leash. Some nations can be trusted with nuclear weapons, unstable middle eastern nations do not qualify in that regard, therefore it is the responsibility of those in the world with power to make sure such destructive weaponry does not fall into irresponsible hands.
    why dont you trust them? that just sounds like xenophobia to me. what has Iran actually done to make you have that opinion? you see israel which has never submitted to inspections and regularly attacks its neighbours in gaza and lebanon as more "trusted" country? why is that? "the west should hold them on a tight leash" like a dog do you mean? who are we to think we have that right? you know Iran had a popular democracy till the CIA and MI5 over threw it and imposed the Shah which then led to the Ayatollahs that they have now.

if we do attack Iran as we did in Iraq, millions of innocent people will die. 1.5 million dead Iraqis, no WMDs found. no link to Al Queada. Do you really want another war? for what end? corporate profits?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    It's our new way of getting rid of garbage. Fly it over Iran and let them deal with it.
    Good idea. Take all the crap in our landfills and fly it over Iran so they can shoot it down and deal with it. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    why dont you trust them? that just sounds like xenophobia to me. what has Iran actually done to make you have that opinion? you see israel which has never submitted to inspections and regularly attacks its neighbours in gaza and lebanon as more "trusted" country? why is that? "the west should hold them on a tight leash" like a dog do you mean? who are we to think we have that right? you know Iran had a popular democracy till the CIA and MI5 over threw it and imposed the Shah which then led to the Ayatollahs that they have now.

if we do attack Iran as we did in Iraq, millions of innocent people will die. 1.5 million dead Iraqis, no WMDs found. no link to Al Queada. Do you really want another war? for what end? corporate profits?
    I'm not xenophobic, I simply don't have faith in the ability of most middle eastern countries to make rational decisions. A lack of rationality and nuclear weapons are not a good mix. Can you honestly tell me that it is anything but a threat to the entire planet that a volatile part of the world like the middle east starts developing nuclear weapons? I'm really not interested in political correctness, it is time to face the truth of the situation, and if that means the west has to stand up and say no to Iran, and enforce that "no" to protect the safety of the west and the rest of the world then so be it.

Who are we to think we have the right? We are the most powerful civilsation on the planet by miles, we are the most socially and morally advanced people the world has ever known. I don't see countless christian churches getting built in Saudi Arabia, I don't see immigrants flocking to Albania, I don't see the US government locking up a pop band for questioning the government, and I don't see UK men banning their women from owning mobile phones in case their wives use them to elope. Like it or not, we are in charge. The good thing is that our philosophies in the west mean that we respect every other culture and nation. We have no qualms with anyone unless they pose a threat to our existence. The only problem with our enlightened way of life is sometimes people go too far and start thinking that the west can solve all the world's problems. We still have to protect our interests and we cannot allow ourselves to get soft. The world has to know we will not stand by prattling on about rights while our citizens are jeopardised by people who do not afford us the same courtesy.
    "The truth, my goal."