Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The average player does not play 20 hrs/day.
    Fine. So it takes 6 or 7 or 8 days. Jesus, what, you just want the gear mailed to you?

I'd assume that's pretty good progress. As soon as I hit 90 I immediately began to queue for heroics and began clearing them and grabbing gear where I could. I went from 435 to 453~ pretty fast, but after that my item level stopped increasing for the most part, only going up a couple points here and there because of how few drops I've gotten for important slots (I'm still tanking using Fire of the Deep, the iL 397 tanking trinket from VP in 4.3.)

Luck, aid, funds, and timing do make up some of the chance to get geared; however, your point is true - you can get raid ready in only a couple of days.

I wish I had the money to afford some major crafted pieces, but I can't yet. Nonetheless, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    In closing, try to post something more reasonable next time if you want people to agree with you!
    Dropping 9.2 hours on a video game in 2 days for most people who play this game is unheard of. It's far more than that as anything other than a tank, which also represents the majority of players. The OP specifically points the thread at people who are complaining about the rep farming situation, and the weeks it takes to gear up. There's a reason people claim those things are holding them back, and he dismisses them without addressing all the ways he avoided what people claim are issues with the game. What ways did he avoid those issues? All the ways everyone in this thread has stated. Assistance with an expensive item from his guild, a ton of free time to dedicate to the game, instant queues.

To your last point, I will not marginalize my views just to get people to agree with me. If I'm trying to get something done in real life, maybe, but in a forum where we are sharing ideas, there's no reason to marginalize an viewpoint I believe is correct until someone shows me why it isn't. You haven't come close to showing me how this is possible for most players, especially the ones the OP addresses his post to in the first place.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    -Obtained boots from LFR (luck) but possible.
    -Klaxxi neck epic (not possible in 2 days I don't believe)
    It's possible to get Klaxxi exalted within 2 days. I just actually did it on a brand new lvl 90 alt. Granted I ended up having to finish out the zone where the Klaxxi are but that was not a big deal. Less then 2 days played at 90 on my new priest and 471 Ilvl. That includes 1 cloak from Spirit Kings and legs from Lei Shi (that I got today) as well as Tailoring crafted epics. Also you can get boots from Sha of Anger that would/could be better then the LFR ones if they drop atleast with Sha for your first kill you are guarentee'd something from the quest item.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Dropping 9.2 hours on a video game in 2 days for most people who play this game is unheard of. It's far more than that as anything other than a tank, which also represents the majority of players. The OP specifically points the thread at people who are complaining about the rep farming situation, and the weeks it takes to gear up. There's a reason people claim those things are holding them back, and he dismisses them without addressing all the ways he avoided what people claim are issues with the game. What ways did he avoid those issues? All the ways everyone in this thread has stated. Assistance with an expensive item from his guild, a ton of free time to dedicate to the game, instant queues.

To your last point, I will not marginalize my views just to get people to agree with me. If I'm trying to get something done in real life, maybe, but in a forum where we are sharing ideas, there's no reason to marginalize an viewpoint I believe is correct until someone shows me why it isn't. You haven't come close to showing me how this is possible for most players, especially the ones the OP addresses his post to in the first place.

I posted a link to my armory feed so people could look. Mostly I bought 450 gear to make heroics easier and faster. Bought crafted items I could afford. And ran heroics to fill in 450 slots until I got better from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I posted a link to my armory feed so people could look. Mostly I bought 450 gear to make heroics easier and faster. Bought crafted items I could afford. And ran heroics to fill in 450 slots until I got better from raids.
    Probably should have spent some time researching your class in this period. Your gear and spec are all over the place, seems like your guild carried you through MV more than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Probably should have spent some time researching your class in this period. Your gear and spec are all over the place, seems like your guild carried you through MV more than anything.

Mind explaining?

No expertise cap, no hit cap, socketed only for mastery, wrong chant on weapon, 4 missing enchants, wrong talents, wrong glyphs, wrong meta, wrong sockets in dragonling
    Posted this a couple pages back.

EDIT: If you want specifics on what to change, re-link your armory and I will work from there.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-07 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted this a couple pages back.

EDIT: If you want specifics on what to change, re-link your armory and I will work from there.
    I was going for mitigation instead of threat to start with as threat is almost a none issue. Mastery = more mitigation
    Not going to by the best encant for a 463 weapon
    I got the gloves after the night of raiding. Bracers I also just changed.cloak I forgot about. Only see 3 missing.
    Wrong talents how?
    same with glyphs how are they wrong?
    I'll give you the meta.
    Is haste and mastery not good for prot pallies? If not maybe you could speak up here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Paladin-Guide.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-12-07 at 03:38 AM.

It's really not that hard to get raid ready anymore. On my priest I bought justice gear + 2 476 epics and got sha boots within an hour of hitting 90. I picked up a few 463s running 6 or 7 heroics then ran all of the LFRs. My priest was at 474ilvl within a few days of hitting 90.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I was going for mitigation instead of threat to start with as threat is almost a none issue. Mastery = more mitigation
    Not going to by the best encant for a 463 weapon
    I got the gloves after the night of raiding. Bracers I also just changed.cloak I forgot about. Only see 3 missing.
    Wrong talents how?
    same with glyphs how are they wrong?
    I'll give you the meta.
    Is haste and mastery not good for prot pallies? If not maybe you could speak up here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Paladin-Guide.
    The best enchant, arguably, is Windsong. That's cheap.

Also, I was talking about mitigation. You need to be both hit capped at 7.5% and expertise capped at 15% before you start slotting in mastery/haste (whichever is your preference) in order for smooth holy power generation and regular SOTR uptime.

As for enchants, that's fair enough. If you link your armory I can tell you what talents etc are wrong.

Glyphs you're missing Divine Protection instead of Dazing Shield.

Can't really do more without your armory but yeah stat order is always (for 10 man):

Hit to cap 7.5% > Expertise to cap 15% > Haste = Mastery (whichever you prefer, I like haste) > Parry > Dodge (dodge should be 50% of your parry)

EDIT: Forgot your armory is on the first page.

You have the worst possible end talent for Prot. Light's Hammer is generally the best or Execution Sentence if you prefer it.

You should never gem or chant parry/dodge, always hit/expertise/mastery/haste (except for sockets where parry is the only enchant like shield). Also try and avoid stam gems unless you really feel like you need them, remember 500k+ buffed is all you need for MSV.

And yeah, your caps are always your first goal. It's all about taking smooth damage, whereas passive mitigation gives you spikes of high damage and flat periods of low damage.

Also, personal preference wise I like Holy Avenger over Divine Purpose since it clears up the randomness and you can save it for nuke periods like on Garajal. I also prefer unbreakable spirit over clemency, clemency is on a fight-by-fight basis.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-07 at 04:13 AM.