Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dedicated Gaming

Please share three old games that you spent a lot of time/effort and why.
    here are my list.

ARCADE: Xmen VS streetfighter >>>>>> It was a breakthrough. First time I saw two different titles in one and its in versus mode.

CONSOLE: GALAGA >>>>>>>Spent a lot of time and effort. The game is simple but addicting.

MMORPG: REQUIEM (now have Facebook Apps) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The game system was nice. First MMO i played.

Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    MMORPG: REQUIEM (now have Facebook Apps) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The game system was nice. First MMO i played.
    Yes. I used to play this game back when it was still bloodymare. This is a good game. I did not know they have FB now.

But the Megaman series took majority of my time. From Megaman X to X6. Damn i was good back then. Neva stop until i perfected everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by outfox000 View Post
    Yes. I used to play this game back when it was still bloodymare. This is a good game. I did not know they have FB now.

But the Megaman series took majority of my time. From Megaman X to X6. Damn i was good back then. Neva stop until i perfected everything.
    Man, I lost a good chunk of my life on going for perfection on X5. I really don't know why that one stuck to me so much, but it did.

Baldur's Gate 2 (With or without expansion/mods): I still play this even now, because it's just ridiculously good. The story's fantastic, the characters are probably some of the deepest of all time, especially if you've played BG 1. The gameplay is vintage point and click isometric RPG gaming at its absolute finest. I couldn't even begin to fathom how much time I've dumped into this game now.

(Cheating a bit here) Rebelstar 2 / Laser Squad / Original X-Com: Again, years spent playing all of these, due to the strategy involved, the randomness and the desire to beat that AI to death with a stick. As a child I played Rebelstar 2, then moved onto Laser Squad a few years later and then X-Com. All essentially the same game, just a generational step up each time. Every single one was pure genius.

I'm not sure what I'd choose as a specific third. Instead I'll just give honourable mentions to the following:

Quake 2
    Starfox/wing 1
    Super Mario World
    Lords of Chaos
    Civilization 2
    Tie Fighter
    All ZX Spectrum/C64 platformers ever.
    Final Fantasy 6(3)
    Street Fighter 2
    Doom
    Final Fight
    The isometric version of Batman on the ZX Spectrum
    Final Fantasy XI

Deleted
    Dungeon Keeper 2 i love this game so much there is just something with the graphic style and the whole "Its good to be Bad" that have kept me playing it on and off since release until now.

Red Alert its just a brilliant game spent countless hours playing it the campaign and skirmish matches alone kept me busy for month after month when i think about it i havent played it for a while maybe its time to dust off the CDs.

Pokemon Silver i had a save with the time counter on the save not working becos it just broke after 245 hours or days or whatever it saved as i just loved it back in the day sadly the save is now gone due to the battery in the cartridge died and deleted the save and i cant get it back :/

Also to the op: i still play Xmen VS streetfighter on my PS1 ive had it for years its awesome :P

The original Dungeon Keepers (I love both those games)

Emperor: Battle for Dune - A brilliant RTS

Quake!

1. I enjoy speed-running Banjo Kazooie. It's been my favorite game since I was a kid, so I've pretty much learned it inside and out.
    2. I don't have nearly as much time invested in this game, or any other game, but I've put more time into Dark Souls than any other RPG.
    3. I don't play anymore, but I played the hell out of Zoo Tycoon when I was younger and had a crappy PC.

But the Megaman series took majority of my time. From Megaman X to X6.
    I played Megaman series as well... One of the best sidescroll game evah created.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagicMarkel View Post
    Man, I lost a good chunk of my life on going for perfection on X5. I really don't know why that one stuck to me so much, but it did.
    Well. this is one of my reason.

I was like..... "Wat the #@&%.... Zeroooooooo"... One of my fave character, that is all
    Then X6 release looked like this...

I felt like... "OMG... goodbye ZERO, he will not return.... WHAT IS CAPCOM THINKING!!!!" Hahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bards Tale 1-3 spent many years playing this even making my own maps lol would goto school very grouchy

Diablo 2 played this religiously loved racing on the ladder specially Hardcore ladder, but now its pretty much all run by bots

Gauntlet 2 would spend my weekends at our local arcade playing this bastard
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really 'old' or 'new', but I used to play Touhou quite a bit trying to get better.

Deleted
    Heroes of might and magic 3 + expansions
    Tibia
    Counter-Strike 1.2-1.5

10+ Year Old Account
    star ocean 2nd story for ps1

10+ Year Old Account

Pokemon Red. There's not a moment that I think about Pokemon when I forget about how it all started for me back in 4th grade. The time invested in it.... geeze. I still have the cartridge somewhere!

The Sims 1. My aunt bought this for me and my brother on one of her very rare trips to visit us from up north. It didn't look too fun on the outside but... holy cow my brother and I spent so much time playing that game and designing such intricate houses. That was probably where most of the fun I had in it was.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park for PS1 was how I got my fill of violence while growing up. I was ALWAYS a huge reptile fan as a kid growing up, thus I loved dinosaurs and was obsessed with JP (I actually used JP to break my "hook" on Barney). Being able to play as a velociraptor and forward-jump onto people's chests and bite their heads off was the most fun evar! I still remember the cheat to let you select any character at any level by heart [square, x, o, triangle, triangle, x, square, o, triangle, o, x, square].

15+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft (Yea, I consider it old) Logged in 10,000+ hours back when I used x-fire, stopped using that 2-3 years ago.
    Why: Had a blast playing it, made lots of friends, met some great people, and i just enjoyed it overall.

Halo PC. Logged in 7,000 hours back when I used X-fire, WoW took over.
    Why:Also had fun, Custom Edition really was what I played the most of though, had a nice little community, was part of various clans, enjoy the clan wars, and the custom maps, Yoyorast Island forever <3.

Not even sure what my 3rd could be. Team Fortress 2 I guess? But not really that dedicated, just play it for fun. I really really don't think I have a 3rd game I was really dedicated to. there's plenty I've played for a long time, but not due to dedication. :/

-WoW, most of my time logged were between tBC and Wrath. For a good while WoW was able to satisfy all of my gaming fixes.

-Super Smash Bro.(all 3). Having 2 brothers was a major contribution to us loving the SSB games religiously. Controllers were worn out within a week or so because of these games. Hell I remember bringing my Wii to school so me and my buds could play after class. Total fun these games are.

-Pokemon...these games were designed to eat up time.
    Went from Red -> Silver -> Ruby -> Emerald -> Pearl -> Platinum -> Sould Silver. Beaten most of what the games had to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Pokemon Red. There's not a moment that I think about Pokemon when I forget about how it all started for me back in 4th grade. The time invested in it.... geeze. I still have the cartridge somewhere!.
    Playing and collecting Pokemon is a life long hobby, will definitely require so much time. The gameplay is ridiculously addicting for some reason, simple but challenging.

Castlevania symphony of the night - Motivated to complete the map percentage beyond 200. I only achieved 198.6% castle completion back then...
    I'm thinking of playing it again on EMU, hopefully get 210% this time.
    Last edited by outfox000; 2012-12-07 at 10:06 AM. Reason: forgot to include suggested game.

Deleted
    CS 1.6 I loved playing that, especially the super hero mods. Miss playing those, kinda sad that there aren't many, and the ones that exist have a really low population. :/

Pokémon of course. :b

And, of course, Pocket Bomber Man, loved playing that! Still haven't finished after all these years. xD

Deleted
    Diablo 2 and the original Unreal + Unreal Tournament.

Plenty of games played for hundreds of hours but those two took a couple thousand and I was very dedicated to them. Baldur's Gate 2 as a strong third but really, they're on the same level. BG2 had so much modding going on at one point that I couldn't help but churn out dozens of NPCs with quest lines and even had a go with custom maps and whatnot. Was off the hook.

All lost to the void of the internet now

10+ Year Old Account
    Phantasy star portable 2- trying to get every weapon
    Disgaea2-item perfection
    Star ocean 3-battle trophies
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Realms of the Dragon (a Telnet MUD, still running today) pvp in telnet games is extremely intricate and skilled.
    XCOM UFO. it's replayability using different strats is great and blowing stuff up with fusion bombs w/o even leaving your Avenger was pro.
    Syndicate - Indoctrination, pure and simple.