Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The most clicker friendly class/spec

As title says im a clicker not a thread about whats better clicking or binding i know binding is better. My question is what class/spec is the easiest for us clickers and wow please dont say any melee class tried that last night as a clicker and wanted to cry cus everyone was just zipping and zooming around me

Deleted
    I don't want to sound mean, but don't you think it's a horrible choice to play a certain class/role just for the sake of being able to click? If I was in your shoes, I would play the class I enjoyed the most and I would learn how to use binds. It's super easy. But answering to your question, I think frost mages are a good choice. They have a good burst and their bubble will help you survive while you're clicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    As title says im a clicker not a thread about whats better clicking or binding i know binding is better. My question is what class/spec is the easiest for us clickers and wow please dont say any melee class tried that last night as a clicker and wanted to cry cus everyone was just zipping and zooming around me
    While my obvious first suggestion would be to learn how to use keybinds since it's far superior to clicking, (i'ts really really really worth it, and wont even take that long), you might have reasons why you can't use regular keybinds (some physical disability for example). In that case I would recommend a mouse like the razor naga, where you can use spells with your thumb on the mouse. If that still is not what you want, you might want to use a technique that is used by multiboxers in melee: make a spammable macro and then set a keybind for interact with target in the default wow keybind section. Also enable click to move. Now what you do is spam (can click if you want) that icon while you spam the IWT keybind. Your character will always run to and around the target you selected. If anything, melee should just be easier to use for clicking with this method.

Deleted
    for pvp every class will be hard as a clicker, melee you will have trouble keeping up with people and reacting fast enough, and ranged you will find it hard to kite enemies around while clicking. i suppose best one you could do is a healer with healbot type addon on, thats just clicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healer might be okay with Clique and Grid.

Shadow Priests and Mages are probably the most forgiving classes for clicking.

Remember that healers can also use addons which cast a certain heal depending on which mouse click you press over a person in a raid frame. So healing might also be an option. Shaman or Paladin would be best for that.

PVP is not clicker friendly, regardless of spec :/ Healer is probably easiest but you'll be at a big disadvantage vs non-clickers. Can't you just get used to bindings instead?

If it helps, try learning a few keybinds at a time, ie the spells you click on the most. Once you master using one keybind, add another one and get used to it until you've bound all the spells you use in combat.

As well as 1-5 you also have buttons that are easy to reach when your fingers are on w-a-s-d movement keys. I use the following keys; z x X f F e E q Q v V 1 2 3 4 5 ! " £ $ % r R ctrl+q ctrl+e alt+e ctrl+v alt+v f1 f2 f3 F1 F2 F3 ` | \ and bonus six buttons on the mouse for important defense/cc spells.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-12-07 at 03:39 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    i dont think frost mage will be a good choice as people suggested, they are pretty hard to play clicking. healer is really your best bet, download healbot or grid/clique or similar addon, and you can bind different heals to your mouse. and you just click the raid frames to heal. i use healbot personally just becuase its easy to set up and does the job fine, and its not many binds to remember, i have alt/shift/ctrl + rightmouse / Middle / leftmouse and sometimes use my side mouse buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say. Stick to Pet battles. Clicking is good there.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play a Holy Paladin, get the addon called Clique and you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I would say. Stick to Pet battles. Clicking is good there.
    Goosh bag alert.

Deleted
    If you want to play Pve, sure go ahead and click. Ez-mode.
    If you want to play Pvp.. Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Rezinol View Post
    Play a Holy Paladin, get the addon called Clique and you'll be good to go.
    its been my experiences that clickers also often tend to be key turners. how do you keyturn and use mouseovers?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Shadow Priests and Mages are probably the most forgiving classes for clicking.

Remember that healers can also use addons which cast a certain heal depending on which mouse click you press over a person in a raid frame. So healing might also be an option. Shaman or Paladin would be best for that.
    lol joke? As a spriest I have 35 key binds that I actively use every game. You have to be able to quick swap targets to dot then swap to allies for shield/pom/renew then swap back and cc focus target. I rember when I started playing spriest back in wotlk. I had around 10 key binds at 2100 rating. I went up to 20 key binds and instantly climbed up to 2250 in one day. Now im at 35.

I dont think there is any spec that is clicker friendly

Using basic keybinds isnt that hard

Deleted
    looks like people are scarred to even try to be used to bindings ... I mean, it's not that hard! don't need super agility or mega-brain or whatever. even at the start when you are not use to your own bindings, you will see that it's far better and confortable than clicking. you will be a better player, your experience with the game will be better... finding the good button on your bar with your mouse while in combat makes extra stress, especialy in pvp. with bindings you pull some stress out of your head. you are playing, I mean really. by clicking you just struggle to play, you struggle so hard that you are ready to play a click friendly class even if it's not really the class you want to play... where is the fun?

try 1 bind, then a second, then a third, etc .... take it slowly, but play the class you really want to play.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2012-12-07 at 06:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to say a pally healer would be somewhat forgiving as a clicker. But I recommend to buy a naga or Logitech mouse then use the most used spells that way then you can click all you cds and such.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Play a hunter. At least no one will be surprised when you're not doing very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat Rogue.

Just put a big icon of sinister strike right below your character and keep clicking it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    lol joke? As a spriest I have 35 key binds that I actively use every game. You have to be able to quick swap targets to dot then swap to allies for shield/pom/renew then swap back and cc focus target. I rember when I started playing spriest back in wotlk. I had around 10 key binds at 2100 rating. I went up to 20 key binds and instantly climbed up to 2250 in one day. Now im at 35.

i have a feeling the OP was talking about random BGs not arena/RBGs. you can do well in random battlegrounds as a clicker, because most the other people in there are just as bad or bots. my friend plays a shadowpriest quite well in battlegrounds as a clicker, but he would get destroyed in arena and probably in a duel.