Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

At what age should kids be responsible for their own actions?

WARNING: Footage of animal cruelty, and of teens being assholes.

These little shits are wasting their youth. Any way we can contact their parents or something? Some people might say "boys will be boys" but I think they are old enough to know better than to run around shooting and torturing random critters for fun.

There's no set age, it would depend on many factors.

However, torturing critters is the sign of a serial killer.

Deleted
    Uhm, is that an actual firearm ? .22 perhaps ? If so.... their parents should be severely punished, not just those kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably past 5-6, but depending on the situation.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Uhm, is that an actual firearm ? .22 perhaps ? If so.... their parents should be severely punished, not just those kids.
    No it's a gas air-soft gun. These kids are idiots, they either painted over or took off the orange cap on the front(That's a BIG fine, at least here in Florida). They were basically torturing that squirrel by shooting it with such a low powered weapon. They better have made sure it was completely dead and not just standing still when they put it in that box/bag.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-12 years old. When i was that age granted i wasn't mature but i certainly knew what i was doing.

In my view as long as you understand what your doing you should be responsible for your actions.

Age is irrelevant to me.

I'm not watching the video because i'm not in the mood to be incredibly pissed off atm.

For the question it depends on the situation. I think 12-13 is a good middle ground, by that age a decent amount of empathy should of been learnt but legal obligation hasn't. So move from there. The other aspect to my reasoning is there's a big difference between hurting another living being and just breaking the law. Kill someone at 14 and you should be punished as an adult because by 14 you better fucking know killing is wrong, but just breaking the law ex. smoking weed, tagging is just a lack of maturity and shouldn't be punished quite so hard as someone more mature.

The law needs to adept to a more flexible set of punishment, case in point, one of my friends was murdered when I was younger I won't go into details but two people were found guilty one was just under 18, the other just over. It was pre-medicated and a brutal murder of a trusting friend to the murderers as well. The younger one got 3 1/2 years, the older got 18. It's stupid how much difference a technical label can get you when you're under age.

Also, fuck those kids. It's on the net now, won't be long till they're named and the shit storm begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    A .22 is a glorified BB gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    What stupid stupid children. They give hunting a bad name, a firearm that weak should never be used for the hunting of live game. They should also have dispatched it as soon as they hurt it, knife or reaking the neck/bashing ths skull in ends the suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugdoctor View Post
    Wrong, sort of anyhow, .22 is used for the hunting of small game. Air rifles are enough to take out small game, mind you 12 ft/lb plus are the best for quick and clean kills. Low powered air rifes are basically a glorifed bb gun with the amount of damage they can cause. One last thing about the .22 calibre, it can cause enough damage to kill humans with just one shot.
    Last edited by Khraine; 2012-12-07 at 02:41 PM.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Age is irrelevant, shoulden't be a factor. I would say once you're able to understand good and bad, death and life, witch comes rather early.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    When you are old enough to torture squirrels, you are old enough to be responsible for your own actions.

Deleted
    I wouldn't dare to put a fixed age.
    Fun fact to consider, the causality part of our brain (action->consequence) isn't fully developed until early to mid 20's.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I wouldn't dare to put a fixed age.
    Fun fact to consider, the causality part of our brain (action->consequence) isn't fully developed until early to mid 20's.
    Maybe so but you can be charged as an adult at age 16 or so and by the age of 18 which is the age you can enlist in the military, you are fully responsible for your own actions. I'm not a fan of kids will be kids. God gave you a brain, use it.
    Last edited by Arkie; 2012-12-07 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    Maybe so but you can be charged as an adult at age 16 or so and by the age of 18 which is the age you can enlist in the military, you are fully responsible for your own actions. I'm not a fan of kids will be kids. God gave you a brain, use it.
    I'm absolutely in agreement with you, 16 is a fair age to be trialed as an adult despite the braingrowing tidbit I said.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugdoctor View Post
    A .22 is not a glorified BB gun. A BB gun fires 0.177 caliber BBs that have a mass of about half of a gram that fires around 400 ft/s. A .22 is a bullet with a mass of anywhere from 2-4 grams depending on the ammunition, and can fire upwards of 1100 ft/s.

Saying a .22 is anywhere close to a BB gun is a dangerous notion to have.

Not to sound bad but just want to get my facts straight, I thought squirrels are considered pests in some places in the USA and killing them is allowed.

I know torturing an animal is cruel and they deserve to be punished, i just want to know about the vermin bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    No it's a gas air-soft gun. These kids are idiots, they either painted over or took off the orange cap on the front(That's a BIG fine, at least here in Florida). They were basically torturing that squirrel by shooting it with such a low powered weapon. They better have made sure it was completely dead and not just standing still when they put it in that box/bag.
    It's highly illegal to remove/ paint over the orange cap everywhere. If you don't see the orange how can you be sure it's not an actual firearm. That begs the question, why do they have airsoft weapons at that age.

I understand parents buy them for their kids, but there's a reason why you have to be 18+ to buy one. Depending where you shoot you can do some pretty massive damage.

wow.. some boys shooting critters with a BB gun, quick, throw them in jail for life before they become serial killers.
    me and my brother used to go around with our BB guns shooting cans, birds, cats, dogs and even each other, and i have never displayed any homicidal tendencies.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's highly illegal to remove/ paint over the orange cap everywhere. If you don't see the orange how can you be sure it's not an actual firearm. That begs the question, why do they have airsoft weapons at that age.

I understand parents buy them for their kids, but there's a reason why you have to be 18+ to buy one. Depending where you shoot you can do some pretty massive damage.
    An Airsoft gun is not a firearm, so there is no Federal restriction on age to purchase. At the state or local level there may be laws restricting age. (In Michigan for example there are no restrictions on a state level).

As for the orange tip, it is a requirement to be commercially sold. Again, it is not necessarily illegal to remove the orange tip, though it is incredibly stupid. (In Michigan, the orange tip is required).