Upgrading cpu/mobo only, the process?

Ok so I am buying for my upgrade.

My current system is i7-930 o.c. to 3.7 ghz, gtx 480 gpu, 129gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd (2x 750gb caviar black) in raid 0.

I got a ASrock extreme4 z77 mobo, zalmann cooler, 16gb of gskill 1866 ram, and will buy a 3570k cpu.

I'll use my case, drives, gpu, psu, and fans.

My question is about the process of changing out the mobo/cpu.

I have my original oem win 7 64 bit os disc.

I don't want to lose anything on my ssd or hard drives.

So after I assemble, what is the exact process to get my system up and running, fully operational before I get on to overclocking?

I built my current computer 3 years ago or so but it was my first build, and it was from scratch. I also don't remember exactly what I did in terms of bios updating and if that was done after windows or before. I feel kinda out of it on the process and just want to be sure I do it right.

Thanks for your guidance!

Deleted
    After all that stick the windows CD in and do a fresh install (sorry) you said you want to keep everything on your SSD/HDD but a fresh install is needed after fitting a new motherboard. So back up everything you can prior.
    Not sure if an OEM windows will allow you to change motherboards without getting a new windows key

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    After all that stick the windows CD in and do a fresh install (sorry) you said you want to keep everything on your SSD/HDD but a fresh install is needed after fitting a new motherboard. So back up everything you can prior.
    Not sure if an OEM windows will allow you to change motherboards without getting a new windows key
    If you're really, REALLY lucky, the drive MIGHT boot, in which case you'll need to install at least the ethernet driver, and probably have to re-activate Windows using the automated phone system. Of course, assuming you're using OEM correctly, (most people don't), it's highly unlikely that your key will work due to lack of a matching certificates in the BIOS and OS, leaving you the option of A.) circumventing that, no I won't tell you how, Google might though. Or B.) buying a new copy of Windows. IF for some reason the initial scenario I laid out works, buy a lottery ticket, because with your luck you'll probably be a millionaire shortly.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    it is better to make a back-up of the SSD on the hdd and do a fresh installation of W7 on the ssd. (and move back data from hdd after that)
    also you can use phone autheticator in order to use the windows OEM with a different mobo. (else just call MS and say you got a different mobo from a RMA process)
    drives should be swappable and you can restore the same raid array you had before.

So I have an external hdd that holds my back ups. I do a backup before taking her apart, back together, install win 7, and restore from backup?

Honestly the best thing to do is to move over all the FILES that you don't want deleted to the HDD. Programs can be reinstalled and whatnot, but you will want to clear your ssd and reinstall for sure.

While Windows 7 does do GREAT when it comes to changing out stuff, I have a feeling that it will cause problems in the future and at that time you will spend more time trying to fix everything than to just do a reinstall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    So I have an external hdd that holds my back ups. I do a backup before taking her apart, back together, install win 7, and restore from backup?
    restore after you update all drivers/bios versions for the mobo, also fixing the OEM is easier to do before restoring back-up (might have OS key conflict else)

Copy all your stuff you want to keep onto an HDD, reinstall windows on the SSD. Takes 15 minutes, instead of a couple of hours of headaches when something doesn't work and you end up reinstalling in the end anyway. You'll probably need to phone Microsoft to reactivate your windows licence due to the motherboard change.