Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Since the patch is already on NA, I'm assuming she's in it, but I really don't know. :0
    I read she isn't but she will be available this week (thursday?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Since the patch is already on NA, I'm assuming she's in it, but I really don't know. :0
    She is, but you can't look at Koi Nami yet(not sure if that was the same case with Zed).
    Abilities(without videos), lore and such are all up for her.

And by she is, I mean you can look at her but you can't buy her.

10+ Year Old Account
    The skin is adoooorable, really can't wait to buy her. Have ip ready for the champion and rp ready for the skin, am a new lol player so this is the first time I am actually super excited with a new champion!

apparently there is a problem with her skin, so they are delaying her until they get the problem fixed. hoping for thursday!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    The skin is adoooorable, really can't wait to buy her. Have ip ready for the champion and rp ready for the skin, am a new lol player so this is the first time I am actually super excited with a new champion!
    I have to agree. I haven't been this excited for a new character before (I started when Diana first came out). I really love her style and I think she'd be my new main support.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but some trivia: Nami means "Wave" in Japanese, and Koi Nami (Her skin) means "Love wave". (Or maybe it has some relation to the koi carp, I don't know).

It's probably supposed to be a take on both the koi carp (fish) and "love wave" since, well, she is a lovely mermaid after all.

Also, my guess is she will be released today. Her spotlight came out today too.

What do you guys think about twin shadows being used by her.

I just watched the spotlight, by the way.

Apparently you're supposed to run AD Marks on her. Yes, Attack Damage Marks. What the fuck?
    Also, they were literally spamming abilities, yet they run Armor Yellows, and not MP5 Yellows.

These spotlights. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I just watched the spotlight, by the way.

Apparently you're supposed to run AD Marks on her. Yes, Attack Damage Marks. What the fuck?

Also, they were literally spamming abilities, yet they run Armor Yellows, and not MP5 Yellows.

These spotlights. Seriously.
    AD marks on support is nothing new, makes more sense wth the new pickpocket talent too.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    I guess i'm the only one that thought it was about one piece! I don't know anything about LoL but it seems like a cute character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I guess i'm the only one that thought it was about one piece!
    I'd say the numerous posts mentioning One Piece probably means you're not.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    AD marks on support? Really?

Never done that before!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I guess i'm the only one that thought it was about one piece! I don't know anything about LoL but it seems like a cute character
    A lot of people have done that lol. I don't think she has any quotes or anything special from nami though. Would be kinda cool if she did.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHERE IS SHE.
    AH.
    It's been like 24hours since they released the spotlight, usually it's a couple of hours afterwards.

Now it's the weekend. So unless she comes out today, we won't get her until next week. -_-

And she comes out about 2minutes before I post this.
    WUT
    Last edited by Kuthe; 2012-12-08 at 12:18 AM.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    yaaaay got her finally! Played one game, great success. Love healing people, support for life!

Bought the skin too, seems it showed it as unavailable but I bought the bundle so I suppose it is included.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Man, I'm whiffing with Nami's Q like a blind man. I also kinda wish her W could heal my AD carry more than once per use. She's still quite good though, I find her E and R quite awesome, and her Q rocks when I land it. Points well spent.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    And I just got the first instance of her playing mid... Needless to say, their team lost horridly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought Nami, after getting a game where someone not playing Nami called support and lock after I had her selected (and like 4 dodges), I finally got her. It was a blast and I was hitting Qs all day, but it made me realize exactly why I don't play support. -_- Failures! Failures everywhere!

But yes, she is hella fun. Her ult is fantastic though I'm still getting used to it's use. Not quite as close to a Sona ult as I previously thought.

The Q though. That Q! Once I got used to it's range I was hitting them all day. Took a few tosses to get used to the speed of the bubble, but once I did I was able to hit chasers and runners as easily as stationary targets.

Here is my biggest issue though. While she is easy and fun to play, she requires more coordination than most. On Leona, ADC sees the shield go up and they know you are about to dive in. Blitz grab is self explanatory. With Nami it isn't as obvious, so you really need that extra communication to make the best out of her.

Totally agree with Axe.

Her Q is awesome, but the range and speed makes it hard to hit especially careful opponents, in my opinion. I've not had many opportunities to cast it in lane, except if someone else CC'ed people first or if the other team were the ones engaging.

Her W is amazing. It's not a Soraka heal, but the heal/damage mix is excellent anyway. Of course you'd wish it would heal for more or hit someone multiple times, but that would just be ridiculous.

Her E is sweet. Nice little steroid for your carry.

Her R/ultimate... Well, the CC and range is freaking jawdropping, but I feel I have to be extra careful about using it since if I use it to initiate from some distance, I feel it's way too easy to dodge it.

Overall, I like her a lot so far. Gonna be hard to choose between her and other supports in the next few days.