Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i accepted it till mop,

answer me this tho, say ur leveling a new charactor and u get ganked in EPL say 5 times , you log your main and arrive at EPL to fine that the person that ganked you is no longer therer, would you be happy?
    That happens all the time. It's happened since Vanilla. It's not some new thing that just started to occur. The only thing that changed is that they may no longer be CRZed in to your realm any more rather than having chosen to leave, but plenty of gankers gank and run. They always have.

I play on a PvP server and I don't mind it but when the server is over 70% Alliance it is very difficult for a Horde to get things done. The new 5.1 dailies are next to impossible when the dailies are based in the Alliance camp. Spent an hour trying to get them done and could only get 3 out of the 5 quests complete because of all the ganking and getting the other 2 done wasn't possible.

I am all for a PvP server but I think they should have balanced A:H ratios before trying to create a PvP expansion because it totally screws one faction and puts them off doing the content at all.

I'm still 100% against it...I find the blue incredibly knowledgeable. But...my opinion
    Am I gonna quit the game...no
    Am I less likely to level an alt...yes
    Does that effect the game play of my main...no
    Do I still think people camp lowbies because they get hurt feelings when they die to people their own level...yes
    Nothing really changed here <3
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-07 at 08:03 PM.

i accepted it till mop,

answer me this tho, say ur leveling a new charactor and u get ganked in EPL say 5 times , you log your main and arrive at EPL to fine that the person that ganked you is no longer therer, would you be happy?

yes it was MY choice to rrol a pvp server, BUT i don't live being denied MY chance of payback coz they can just hs bck to the safety of their server capital city to avoid REAL pvP, if i wasn't denied that chance i wouldn't have a problem with CRZ, until that chance comes i WILL ALWAYS have a problem with crz
    They're gone, why wouldn't you be happy? Your irrational desire for revenge doesn't matter at all. Even though I don't understand why you think hearthstones are something that only a cross realm ganker can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    once upon a time, rolled on a pvp realm to check it out, but quit once i got out of the starting zone, my question is, would lowbies still complain about getting ganked if blizz introduced gear normalization (like swtor pvp) so they would have at least a fighting chance 1 v 1 against a higher level player?

i realize it wouldnt matter as much in unbalanced servers where one can expect to be ambushed my multiple ppl at the same time, but all things being relative, if HP pools and damage output were normalized, a level 90 couldnt just expect to faceroll a lower level player 100% of the time. i know personally if i felt i had a fighting chance on an alt that wasnt max level, id be more willing to participate in open world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That happens all the time. It's happened since Vanilla. It's not some new thing that just started to occur. The only thing that changed is that they may no longer be CRZed in to your realm any more rather than having chosen to leave, but plenty of gankers gank and run. They always have.
    id with the response to you earlier part endus, if both gankee and ganker are on the same server this is a good chance you'll run into him/her again on ur main.

if gamnkee and ganker are on different servers theres almost no chance what so ever you ill run in to him/her again

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swineflew View Post
    They're gone, why wouldn't you be happy? Your irrational desire for revenge doesn't matter at all. Even though I don't understand why you think hearthstones are something that only a cross realm ganker can use.
    revenge dose matter actually if i get ganked i like the fact that i HAVE a chance to kill him, with CRZ that chance is no longer there

as for the cross relm thing if they are on the same server there a higher chance that ill encounter them again while playing on 1 of my max level char, if both of us are on different servers the chance fro me to get justice is not there, also blizz said that if ppl are getting ganked they want it to be delt with as a pvp solution and that's not possible with crz
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-07 at 08:23 PM.

People who never want to do PvP out in the world should not be on a PvP server. It's really that simple.

However, They could add something like a temporary immunity buff that would let you get away if you are killed more than 10 times in a row by another player. This would help lower level players agains't ganking / camping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    its a med pop server, with about 95% of it horde. i think youre just exaggerating the problems to make your case. i see horde all the time, but most of them just want to go about their business. i used to play on one of the most crowded pve servers (moon guard), and i *still* didnt have the troubles you speak of.
    That you wouldn't encounter such a problem on a PvE server is pretty much normal. There's a vast difference between even servers of the same status "new players", "medium" and "full". A medium server is worlds away from where a full server is, and even with full servers there are often big difference. Mine has an queue most of the time and is filled to the brimm with people.
    On a PvE server you could ignore most of these people only being bothered by them ninjaing mobs. In fact that's the only reason people here started to team up again, because otherwise you'd wait forever for to get your 6-10 mobs tagged before someone else does.

In all honesty you have no idea whatsoever on the issue you're commenting on. You did not at any kind of point experience what I'm talking about. And that people on your realm are rather docile is another factor that is different on mine. If there is Alliance I attack it, always and from my experience on my alt the vast majority of people on my server act in the exact same manner.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    People who never want to do PvP out in the world should not be on a PvP server. It's really that simple.

However, They could add something like a temporary immunity buff that would let you get away if you are killed more than 10 times in a row by another player. This would help lower level players agains't ganking / camping.
    It's not about PvP but the player numbers. You wouldn't play Battlefield if it was 200 vs 5 on a map would you? And I doubt anyone would tell the 5 people and those out of the 200 who think there's a problem that "If they can't stand the heat they should get out of the kitchen" or "are bad players".
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-12-07 at 09:14 PM.

id with the response to you earlier part endus, if both gankee and ganker are on the same server this is a good chance you'll run into him/her again on ur main.

if gamnkee and ganker are on different servers theres almost no chance what so ever you ill run in to him/her again

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 08:18 PM ----------

revenge dose matter actually if i get ganked i like the fact that i HAVE a chance to kill him, with CRZ that chance is no longer there

as for the cross relm thing if they are on the same server there a higher chance that ill encounter them again while playing on 1 of my max level char, if both of us are on different servers the chance fro me to get justice is not there, also blizz said that if ppl are getting ganked they want it to be delt with as a pvp solution and that's not possible with crz

Your desire for revenge has absolutely no effect on gameplay mechanics at all. A pvp solution to getting ganked is to bring friends.
    It's stupid to think that the game should change based on your illogical desire for revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post

^basically this
    I like wPvP...i'm ok if I die int he world. I'm not ok with someone with over 100x my health sitting over my body when im trying to level.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:32 PM ----------

And obviously there is still some wrong with preying on the weak despite the blue posts...if this wasn't the case your first two zones would not be "green" or friendly and the first starting area (the lvl 1-5 area) would not have level 93 elites all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swineflew View Post
    Your desire for revenge has absolutely no effect on gameplay mechanics at all. A pvp solution to getting ganked is to bring friends.
    It's stupid to think that the game should change based on your illogical desire for revenge.
    or another option is to log your main , track them down and fight, is it really necessary to bring friends when im getting ganked by 1 sole person? when i can deal with it on my main, also if they are on a different server and they are gone i could be wasting the time of up to 5 people instead of just my own for only 1 90 horde

some people usually bring friends when they cant handle 1 person on their own, so why waste the time of 5 people for something that you can deal with yourself, when the situation is 5v1 then yes you would bring friends,
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-07 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'll say is that you should know what to expect when going on a PvP server. If you're going to then complain that you get ganked all the time while questing there's a simple solution, move to a different server that doesn't have PvP and STOP COMPLAINING and stop blaming Blizzard for everything. I too hate the low level ganking but you don't see me complaining, I played on a different server and I'm having a good time.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-07 at 08:35 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I honestly feel that CRZ was a huge missed opportunity to make open world PVP a far more engaging and enticing experience. What they should've done is made CRZ zones level bracketed so that only people within a certain range of levels phased together, like in BG's. World pvp could be a fun venture when your fighting players of similar level and have a chance of winning. I have no idea how anyone in their right mind can defend high level characters ganking low levels and justifying it with "its a pvp realm" or "its part of the fun/challenge".

Think of it this way, Blizzard has always been about trimming off the crap that made other MMO's tedious, annoying, flat out boring. So answer this, why did high level gankers pass Blizzards crap check. The only thing I could think of is they had no way of implementing a way to really stop it at the time(Dishonorable kills didn't last very long) so they had to allow it. Phasing technology seems to be a great answer to this and I really hope that they make it so high level ganking is a thing of the past. Who would really miss it anyways?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, you roll on a realm where a player can attack any other player whenever it is possible to do so, someone then does as the realm allows and you disagree with it. Why are you upset by this? Did you or did you not make the choice to join a realm where you can freely attack/be attacked by any and all people where it is possible to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    However, it was Blizzard's fault that they let most servers fall into a state of such low population or imbalance...
    That's where I stopped reading because of the ignorance of your post. Blizzard didn't do anything intentional to make server fall into the low population zone. That's the players fault. If you pick a med. pop realm and one day there's no one left, that's your fault not Blizzards. Just like it's not Blizzards fault you thought a PvP server would be fun only to realize you wanted to go PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    I honestly feel that CRZ was a huge missed opportunity to make open world PVP a far more engaging and enticing experience. What they should've done is made CRZ zones level bracketed so that only people within a certain range of levels phased together, like in BG's. World pvp could be a fun venture when your fighting players of similar level and have a chance of winning. I have no idea how anyone in their right mind can defend high level characters ganking low levels and justifying it with "its a pvp realm" or "its part of the fun/challenge".
    That takes out the ability to help a friend in a CRZ. Sure it would've been interesting but that'd require a lot more instancing of zones etc. And it's perfectly justifiable. YOU picked that realm, time to deal with the consequences. This isn't a new thing, this has been going on since the days of Vanilla. If you can't figure it out in the course of 8 years then it's time to quit the game. "It's a pvp realm" so you get what you chose.
    Last edited by Mortiegama; 2012-12-07 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, you need to accept the consequences of your choices.

Blizzard provided a choice. If you choose a PvP server, for whatever reason, you accept the responsibility for that choice. You're the one who chose to accept those rules. You don't get to then complain about them after the fact.

If I'm lactose intolerant and order a milkshake, my stomachache is my own damn fault, not the restaurant's that served it to me.
    $200 is an awful lot of money to pay to "correct" a problem that Blizzard allowed to fester because they valued transfer and faction change cash over other priorities like maintaining a better game environment.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    I play on a PvP server and I don't mind it but when the server is over 70% Alliance it is very difficult for a Horde to get things done. The new 5.1 dailies are next to impossible when the dailies are based in the Alliance camp. Spent an hour trying to get them done and could only get 3 out of the 5 quests complete because of all the ganking and getting the other 2 done wasn't possible.

I am all for a PvP server but I think they should have balanced A:H ratios before trying to create a PvP expansion because it totally screws one faction and puts them off doing the content at all.
    A funny thing happened. The server that I had my characters on was approximately over 90% of one faction as of the last expansion (Cataclysm) and when CRZ came around, there were complaints on the realm forum from the 90% screaming about how unfair it was that they got "merged" with a server that had 2 to 3 times as many players on the other faction, thus making it impossible for them to walk around without getting killed.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2012-12-07 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    $200 is an awful lot of money to pay to "correct" a problem that Blizzard allowed to fester because they valued transfer and faction change cash over other priorities like maintaining a better game environment.
    $200 is an adequate amount to pay for your own choices though. PvP Realms are like doing 75 in a 55 MPH zone. You chose to do that 75 MPH and now you're getting a ticket for it. Could've played it safe and done 55 MPH (PvE Realm) but that was your decision. Time to make for your own decisions.

Really, how do you blame a company, that supplied you a game, for mistakes you made in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    That's where I stopped reading because of the ignorance of your post. Blizzard didn't do anything intentional to make server fall into the low population zone. That's the players fault. If you pick a med. pop realm and one day there's no one left, that's your fault not Blizzards. Just like it's not Blizzards fault you thought a PvP server would be fun only to realize you wanted to go PvE.

That takes out the ability to help a friend in a CRZ. Sure it would've been interesting but that'd require a lot more instancing of zones etc. And it's perfectly justifiable. YOU picked that realm, time to deal with the consequences. This isn't a new thing, this has been going on since the days of Vanilla. If you can't figure it out in the course of 8 years then it's time to quit the game. "It's a pvp realm" so you get what you chose.
    Vanilla didn't have people flying around the world with unbelievably fast flying mounts, Vanilla didn't have CRZ which ensures that every zone has at least 1 ganker in it at all times, Vanilla didn't have level differences where the highest level was a 90, vanilla didnt have health differences of over 300k. Ive played on a PvP server my whole wow career...It has never been as painful to level for me as it has been lately

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:47 PM ----------

$200 is an adequate amount to pay for your own choices though. PvP Realms are like doing 75 in a 55 MPH zone. You chose to do that 75 MPH and now you're getting a ticket for it. Could've played it safe and done 55 MPH (PvE Realm) but that was your decision. Time to make for your own decisions.

Really, how do you blame a company, that supplied you a game, for mistakes you made in-game?
    Again with all the changes to the game...not really like that
    It's like the highway was 55....and I was doing 55 no problem...now they changed the highway to 45...but I don't want to slow down
    and to bring the analogy even farther
    there is a different highway that is 55 (PvE server) but to get over there you have to turn around and start back at your starting location....level 1
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-07 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can live with the risk of constant and at times inconvenient pvp being that i decided to roll on a pvp server, but id like to bring up the idea of gear normalization in cases where a lower level player isnt considered an automatic kill and has a fighting chance as long as they are willing to participate.

Don't be ignorant. When I started, the PVP experience was very different. Over the course of 3 expansions, the server went from relatively even to over 90% from one side. The mistake was allowing server transfers and faction changes without any checks and balances. So I stopped paying. The rest is on Blizzard.