Pandaren Spirit Tamers

I'm stuck on Burning and Thundering...

My current level 25 pets are:

- Clockwork Gnome
    - Onyxian Whelpling
    - Emperor Crab (high hp/attack)
    - Marsh Fiddler (equal attack/speed)
    - Mirror Strider (high speed)
    - Wild Golden Hatchling (moderate attack/speed)
    - Wild Jade Hatchling (high attack, low speed)
    - Temple Snake (equal attack/speed)
    - Twilight Spider (moderate attack/speed)
    - Fossilized Hatchling
    - Garden Moth (moderate attack/speed)
    - Phoenix Hatchling
    - Shimmering Whelpling
    - Grunty

What should I use to beat them? Tried almost everything but the legendary pets just annihilate me with their combos (Earthen Elemental stun owns me).

Use a critter with aquatic abilities on Thundering.

Deleted
    ^ The Earthen one is the one im stuck on aswell, really hard one.... Been taking him to Darnak ( his last pet ) to 300 hp using a Strider, Bandicoon and Celestial dragon

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they all rare quality? There's a considerable leap in stats from green to blue quality.

I also love my Wild Crimson Cloud Serpent on this fight. His Lift-Off helps evading the Earth Elemental's stunning attack and the Serpent's healing spell works like the Onyxian Whelpling in which it heals you more depending on how much you were hurt on the last attack, great for recovering health from that spikey thingy the elemental does.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Are they all rare quality? There's a considerable leap in stats from green to blue quality.

I also love my Wild Crimson Cloud Serpent on this fight. His Lift-Off helps evading the Earth Elemental's stunning attack and the Serpent's healing spell works like the Onyxian Whelpling in which it heals you more depending on how much you were hurt on the last attack, great for recovering health from that spikey thingy the elemental does.
    Yup. All rare. The problem is I have no pets which can "go first" so the Earth Elemental stun, and unless it's a critter I'm using the earth elemental gets 2 more attacks in before I even start damaging him. I think Surge spam from my Emperor Crab *could* help but it's really risky.

I used a Silkbead Snail for the Earth Elemental, Spikey Lizard for Sludgy (critter) and I use my Onyxian Whelpling or Silky Moth for Darnak (Beast).

Silkbead Snail great because it gets out of the elementals CC and Acidic Goo +Dive does massive damage easily getting the Elemental down

Spikey Lizard using Screech to get to attack first on this one, and then using ravage to secure a heal after killing is essential so that you can get a bit of damage onto the last pet Darnak.

Then Onyxian whelpling, using Tail Sweep for that extra bit of damage and Lift off finishes him off (remember to keep your healing going)(can use Silky moth here instead of the whelpling)

Also i always make sure I start with the elemental first to battle, leaving darnak for last!

He was a nightmare for me at the start because I didnt have a level 25 critter or beast pet, so i stumbled through with level 22 snail, 23 lizard and my 25 onyxian (just kept trying till RNG favoured me) Now there all level 25 (snails an uncommon other 2 are rares) and can get through the fight first time (unless RNG decides to feck me over)

Keep trying you'll get there and don't just stick to level 25's even a level 22-23 can be of use!

I'd invest in a snail. There are high level Rapana Whelks crawling around the Briny Muck in Dread Wastes - those would be the quickest way. It's a critter, so stuns don't work all that well on it and the elemental attacks don't hit hard. And it gets Dive, an aquatic move. The elemental doesn't stand a chance against a snail.

With Darnak the rat, out of your list I'd go with the Jade Hatchling. It has Call Thunder, a mechanical move, and isn't weak to beast or elemental attacks.

Edit:

The oil glob is a critter. Probably want to put a beast on the team. Mechanicals could work defensively against it, but wouldn't be worth much on the other two pets.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2012-12-07 at 06:35 PM.

I would invest to a (rare) Rapana Whelk, really, it can solo the last 2 Burning pets (Elemental and the Fly)
    The fly can't touch it with shield on (blocks dots and the swarm! really amazing). And Rapana Whelk also really essential on other pet fights except the water one, which my Wild Gryphon Hatchling can solo steadily (the whole team).
    Use a Humanoid agaisnt dragonkin, I leveled up a Flayer Hatchling, I am using that flayer against the Burning and the Air one too (dragonkins)

I only fight with the Thundering if the elemental comes first, otherwise I flee. First I spam dive till the elemental is out of it's stuns (he has 2, he is a real bastard, but the second usually misses) so dive, shield, absorb, dive on cd, shield up. I farmed a rare Stunted Shardhorn, which is currently my strongest pet after Lil' Ragny, he hits like 3 trucks, easily kills the Sludge, and he can damage a bit into the Mole. On Mole I use my Golden Hatchling, Call lightning, then either fire breath (depending where is the Mole in his rotation, which is: shield, burrow, stonerush, respectively, refreshing shield and burrow on cd) or lift off. Either way, hatchling has to suck up 1 burrow + 1 stonerush or 2 stonerushes (luck dependant)

Burning is easy: you want the dragonkin to come first, flayer steals his cyclone, then just burn it down, then rapana whelk with shield on and dive plus absorb can solo the rest 2 pets. I have a... Nether Ray pet against the flying one as backup, but Rapana whelk finishes the fly with 80-90% hp, so never used it.

One last advice: Never try to save a pet with changing to a new one, just let them die for one more hit.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Against the thundering, take the time to level a rare snail, ANY rare snail. His elemental is the real killer, what with the stuns, so not only is your snail immune to the stuns, it takes less damage, and Dive can be used to completely avoid Rupture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate them all >.< only managed to kill the jade forest one so far

them having legendary and us rare feels very unfair >.<

Deleted
    I usually use the "Nerf" combo of Blighthawk with high attack, slow speed, Vampiric Batling and Lil' XT.. Blighthawk will start for the sole reason of self sacrifice. Depending on how the battle develops, Ghostly Strike is your ultimate ender. Drop Cyclone first, just punch away at it then at 8-900 HP remaining on the enemy, Ghostly Strike it dead. It'll stun the Blighthawk but then for the following pet you swap in Vampiric Batling. I forgot the 3rd attack it has but it dishes 425 dmg each attack and has a high chance of hitting. Usually you can wear down your foe using it alone, but if you die, you bounce back and do another attack (being Undead). That should eliminate 2 enemies by now. You send your Blighthawk back in for the sole purpose of dying, really. Assumably the enemy takes a new cyclone and you just basic it down untill it dies, pop back from death, get 1 free attack for being slow and finish with another 8-900 dmg ghostly strile. Usually, your Lil' XT can easilly whoop the entire battle over from there.

Speed on rares is mostly inrelevant when fighting trainers, as most of them have to high speed to overcome anyway (and you need the burst to kill their pets before they become dangerous).

Some trainers almost require certain abilities to be killed

Eternal blossom spirit:

Start with a pet that has arcane storm = stun imunity(re-challenge until it starts with the critter so you can use the storm), Celestial dragon is perfect for this.
    Roar-moonfire-arcane storm, spam roar till you die to bring the critter as low as possible. Alternatively start with a FLayer youngling- reflect the stun on elemental and tripplesnap/rampage the critter down.
    some waterstrider pet to pump-kill the elemental
    Anything hard hitting that defeats the beast, avoid dots as they are close to useless vs the shield. Mechanic attacks help, but in no way are a must.

Against the fire spirit, your green hatchling is a nice start, storm-cyclone-tail lash spam the oposing dragon down (in that order= you cast cyclone when it lifts of). An elemental pet 2nd vs his elemental makes you ignore the weather effect and nuke it down, as it will waste a heal from the cyclone dmg it got before it came into play. last pet is inrelevant as the (fire) elemental pet will be able to kill both remaining ones.

Azure Whelpling
    Jumping Spider
    Nordrassil Wisp

With that comp you can kill nearly everything on the first try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thundering is Earth, right?

What I ususally do against that guy, which you could do with your pets, is
    start with a Spider with leach and brittleweb, restarting till I get the critter first. It shouldn't be hard to come out of that alive, then I sacrifice my spider to the Elemental's combo,
    and bring in a crab (or pinchy, but I originally did it with a normal crab).
    The final slot could be a Dragon or maybe the Marsh Fiddler (Stone Rush is weak vs Critters, could avoid the Burrow with Cocoon).

I've killed it with a number of pets in the last slot, none of them are ideal, but as long as you get to the final matchup a couple moves ahead due to healing (or avoidance, or luck) you've got a shot. Going to level a Whelk soon, that makes it easier from what I hear.

Burning can hurt if you don't have avoidance. Don't get conflagged. I'd use:

Grunty to avoid the conflag, then switch in Mirror Strider to burn the Elemental with Pump
    Back to Grunty to fight the dragon. Block, or Launch, to avoid liftoff and Gauss Rifle for Strong v Dragon Damage.
    I think I usually have my Celestial Dragon in the last spot, flying is weak vs Dragonkin, and it has a magic attack. Any of your Dragons could work though. I need to level a useful magic pet too.

Keep trying. They hit hard, but you can win with your pets, even if it takes some bandages and a lucky dodge. I don't have a big collection of 25s, but I manage to beat them and have collected all 4 now. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2012-12-07 at 10:31 PM.

I've beaten all of them with the combo Fel Flame (Low Speed, High Attack, Conflagrate Immolate and Flame breath), Jade Oozeling (Low Speed, High attack, Absorb Corrosion and Acid goo) and finally Maggot (Low speed, High Attack, Devour, Acid goo and Leap)

Fel Flame is my "glass cannon" that goes out first. Take the stun then Flame breath -> Conflag which brings his pet to about 35% unless resisted. Then finish them off with immolate.
    He usually dies after that.
    Then comes the maggot. Keeping the debuff rolling while using devour on CD and Leap to both boost speed and as a filler.
    If needed the Ooze will just dot wall everything.

I oneshot every Spirit Tamer but earth with this combo.
    I've been using these since I could tame them and they've never let me down despite the Ooze being only uncommon.

The Jade forest trainer with the turtle was harder to me than the spirit tamers

I beat all of them with

Mr. Grubs (Tanky)
    Snarly (DoT + burst from Blood in the Water)
    Luyu Moth

Although I believe i switched one of them out and used one of those Green Dragon Hatchlings (or whatever they are called, the flying serpent hatchling :x) for the air elemental since I was having trouble.

I did it eventually. On Thundering I used: Onyxian Whelpling, Emperor Crab and Marsh Fiddler. On Burning I used Emperor Crab, Onyxian Whelpling and Marsh Fiddler. Rakana Whelp does look pretty OP though. What are the best stats for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Snails are very good on this tamer.

in thundering, use a rare critter with aquatic skills (like a snail).

thundering is elemental and has 2 stuns. critters have no problems with stuns due to their racial and they take less damage from elemental attacks, while elementals take more damage from aquatic attacks.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    do the rare snails work for all the tamers or just the thundering one?