Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Say bye bye to Blood fear

First GC now Tom Chilton called it on the interview to Arena Junkies

From the 20:10

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, we warlocks want to get rid of it as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Oh really? LOL if they remove blood fear warlocks will be the most useless class in the game by a long shot, and obviously im talking about pvp here.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Oh really? LOL if they remove blood fear warlocks will be the most useless class in the game by a long shot, and obviously im talking about pvp here.
    Yeah i do have to kind of agree with this statement. If they remove like the ONLY instant cc that locks have whilst everyone else gets to keep their instant interrupts and cc, locks will be useless. I don't care if they can 1 shot you with chaos bolt, if they have no instant cc, they'll never get the cast off, ever.

They want to get rid of that PvP where instant cast are the norm, they dont want to get fucked for free while things like feral cyclone remain untouched

warlocks will be the most useless class in the game by a long shot, and obviously im talking about pvp here.
    Then you'll know how ret Paladins feel
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

Quote Originally Posted by Riftcrusher View Post
    Then you'll know how ret Paladins feel
    My main is a paladin, my 2nd most played toon is a lock. Paladins still have bubble, bop, 2 instant cc's, a lot of burst and yes i know they do no dmg without cds, well warlocks dont do any dmg even with cd's up, now all they have is blood fear thats the only reason to bring a warlock to your arena team. If they take blood fear away they may as well just remove the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, when they don't get a proper replacement.... blood fear is just stupid at the moment.
    Also, warlocks never had big problems with getting fears casted, yet they were considered one of the top cc classes. If warlocks and other classes would get fixed in terms of cc, dmg and everything else, there is no need for blood fear.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-08 at 04:05 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly really should start on my warrior -.- getting ridiculous or even a mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, the instant CC in this game has gotten out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Good, the instant CC in this game has gotten out of hand.
    Well I agree, but...shouldn't more of it be touched than just Blood Fear?

Instant CC is retarded and so are abilities that reduce the skill needed to play.
    Warlocks used to be seen as one of the most "skillful" classes(up there with frost mages... oh my, how you've fallen.), and they're a complete joke in MoP.

Should be redesigned to give you a buff when you take damage for more than x% of your HP that makes your next fear instant cast, would be a lot more interesting of a design as they said they wanted it to be defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I honestly really should start on my warrior -.- getting ridiculous or even a mage

Stay on your lock, endure through the bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Or a druid.
    In (R)BGs you can be a stupid overpowered healer and in arena you just go OPkitty style

I never liked Blood Fear, it always caused as many problems as it solved.

Can't wait to see what they do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Should be redesigned to give you a buff when you take damage for more than x% of your HP that makes your next fear instant cast, would be a lot more interesting of a design as they said they wanted it to be defensive.
    That's quite a nice idea, but unless the required amount of damage taken is farily high then I think it's still going to end up being too easy to use offensively as it will be active all the time and will only end up being a "free" fear.

Maybe a better idea could be to make it work in a similar way to Nature's Grasp - so when you activate it the next attack made against you auto-fears the attacker.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-12-08 at 05:38 AM.

if its not a stun, it doesnt need to be instant. They nerfed warrior fear CD, now for blood fear, psyfiend, etc

In the state of the game you can catch a four second fear and have someone die because of lolburst.

As long as Blood Fear gets axed as part of a larger campaign of pruning back instant cast CCs from across the class spectrum, I will have no issue with in. Hell, I'll be fucking ecstatic. The current state of affairs is just ridiculous.

The purging of everything Xelnath had a hand in continues.

Such a childish vendetta going on there.

No they don't, please do not speak for the WHOLE warlock community o.k. please don't do that. before blood fear warlocks fear was a joke.people forget that fear is the main cc/defense a warlock has, the demonic circle needs to be cast before the fight to be of use, and demonic gateway takes way too long to cast to be considered a useful pvp defense, and our silence, charm and disarm have to be chosen between our pets so those are not really main cc's. druids have had the ability to use cyclone on instant cast for a good while and it was never an issue, heck priests have an instant fear, and an instant horror and thats not an issue not to mention their psychic horror pet that keeps casting horror or fear or whatever it is.

the main issue here is warlocks use to be able to be rofl stomped to the point where everyone thought of them as a joke and now that people have to strategize and think about how to beat them they're "op" and things like blood fear are "op" and ridiculous. I'm sorry but don't blame the spell blame the people who combine this ability with other class abilities and exploit and spam it. the spell itself is not an issue, heck half the people who are complaining are the same people who exploit any broken mechanic and are prone to using the flavor of the month class

Blood Fear is stupid, glad to see it going. Ofc, they'll probably just make the talent unviable instead of giving us something fresh to choose from, but meh.

My vote: Make Deathcoil (old version) baseline, move Mortal Coil to replace Blood Fear, give us a new single target CC to replace MC (frostshock root clone, reverse death grip, throwdown, frostjaw, w/e). And ofc give us back some passive dmg mitigation.

EDIT: Related - Still think Fear immuning of zerker rage needs to be removed. Make it break alla WotF but no longer immune. Warriors don't need any more help.