Need a quick list of parts i need for building a computer.

Hello, so i'm about to plan my new computer and i need a list of everything i need. I don't know that much about what i need but my mate is helping me make it. I don't want to know what types of each part.. just the components i need, just like GPU, Motherboard etc...

I also want to know other then the main parts what else i need? Like thermal paste etc if there is anything. Also i am going to get liquid cooling.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 thing anyone is going to ask is: What's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    #1 thing anyone is going to ask is: What's your budget?
    As i said i don't know what brands im going to get.. I just need to know what a computer needs to run

10+ Year Old Account
    Case
    Motherboard (matches CPU slot)
    CPU
    Heatsink/CPU Fan (if CPU does not come with, or need upgraded, thermal paste is good as well)
    RAM
    Graphics
    Power Supply
    Hard Drive
    Keyboard (if new needed)
    Mouse (if new needed)
    Monitor
    Liquid Cooling (meh, only if you are going to overclock a lot, do not get it just to tell your friends "I gots liquid cooling")
    DVD/Blu-Ray Drive

Last edited by bloodwulf; 2012-12-08 at 06:14 AM. Reason: forgot DVD
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

SO you will need

1) Case
    2) Motherboard
    3) CPU
    4) GPU
    5) Power Supply
    6) Media Reader ie: Blu rad/ DvD burner or reader
    7) Memory

I think thats all feel free to add if I forgot something

Guys I think he's asking which components he needs. I mean he wouldn't be here just asking which parts there are in a pc and instantly buying 3 seconds later..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Guys I think he's asking which components he needs. I mean he wouldn't be here just asking which parts there are in a pc and instantly buying 3 seconds later..
    He says he does not want a type of a part, just the general component. Sounds like he is making a check list of parts to get, and is going to let his friend help him pick a part, hence why he said "he doesn't know what brands he is going to get, he just wants to know what a computer needs to run." So what blazin and I both did seem like the appropriate response. If he wanted specifics he would of listed a budget most likely.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.