Poll: Which race would you prefer become playable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Whenever I think about what female Tengu would look like this is what I picture :P

Now if I ever play a Tengu ( that is if they become available) all I will think about is this picture..

Deleted
    Poll is racist against frogpeople. C'mon, who wouldn't want to be a Hylek? Just look at them.

Kodan, just as I wanted pandarens for WoW. They didn't come until I quit WoW
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

I don't really have a preference but I want to play a Hylek, I would like Largos but only if their wings weren't out all the time. I think the wings would annoy me other than that I think they are cool. Also I would love the Tengu if they could look like this, if they could look that diverse they would instantly be my favorite race.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-12-06 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Hylek.

/10chars
    This... Nothing will make me happier than making hylek playable :P
    However I voted for Tengu, Kodan and Largos...

Deleted
    Hylek is highly unlikely though.

''As a human, asura, norn or sylvari you can choose to have racial sympathy for the hylek at some point during your character's personal storyline. ''

Skritt of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    Skritt of course!
    Considering a single Skritt adventuring by itself can't guarantee it puts the pointy end of the sword in the right direction, I really don't see them being a viable race.

Everything cool about them from design is built from always being in numbers, and that just doesn't always work with player characters.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Considering a single Skritt adventuring by itself can't guarantee it puts the pointy end of the sword in the right direction, I really don't see them being a viable race.

Everything cool about them from design is built from always being in numbers, and that just doesn't always work with player characters.
    What if they do Skritt as the same concept of Gibberlings in Allods?

A single Gibberling character is represented in game as a trio.

^ a single Warrior Gibberling but they move, attack and interact with the game world as a cluster of 3.

http://allods-wiki.gpotato.com/wiki/Gibberlings

Cutiepies.

I don't want any more playable races, there are enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    I would love to see Kodan in game. One of the most fun things I did was getting a whole load of people into LA who had potions from running hotw and having a kodan dance party.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I don't want any more playable races, there are enough.
    I actually kind of agree with this unless they add a means of race changing to the game.

Voted Kodan, Tengu and Others.

Kodans are a new and pretty unknown race, there is much to write about them and people are pretty excited about them as they are now. They are a valid addition to the race set.

It highly depends on what race of Tengu's to be playable. Tengu's from an unknown tribe or the Angchu tribe (if they still exist) are capable allies. There are some Tengu's around but they aren't in many numbers. The only way I see them becoming a new race is when we re-discover Cantha. (Yes, the new emperor banned all non human races from Cantha) But there is more Cantha than Shing-Jea, Kaineng, Echovald and the "Jade"-sea.

I voted Others mainly because of new races. Before release a "World-Map" leaked from the game and was put on Reddit. There are many continents humans never set foot on, more creatures will live there with potention to be a playable-race.

I would love to see the "Stone Dwarves" are a playable race, unlikely as they will be because they cannot provide offspring for the past 250 years and they are falling one-by-one because of the Destroyers.

So either the new races will be the Tengu and/or the Kodan or a entire new race will be invented.

All of those will suit me perfectly.

As in new professions? I honestly think we will see something like the Ritualist again but in a better context. Summoning Spirits to fight for him/her, but controlling in a way like the Necromancer.

However if we receive a new profession this most likely will be a Heavy Profession. I think it will be a more "Berserker-ish" type of profession, full frontal attack, high damage. Greatswords, Hammers and the introduction of Polearms and Great-Axes, hell maybe even Scythes.

Kodan

I want to roll a guardian alt but if the Kodan come out after that (long shot i know) then *sadface*

Dwarf without a doubt.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What if they do Skritt as the same concept of Gibberlings in Allods?

A single Gibberling character is represented in game as a trio.

^ a single Warrior Gibberling but they move, attack and interact with the game world as a cluster of 3.

http://allods-wiki.gpotato.com/wiki/Gibberlings

Pretty interesting concept in my opinion, never seen it myself and don't know how it would be worked in or even fit into the game, but interesting nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Cutiepies.
    lol

D'awwwww :P

wouldnt make leveling an alt any more fun..

PANDAS!

Lore would be easy. Just put them on an island off the coast of the lost shore. An island that had been hidden in mist preventing the discovery for hundreds of years. Over the years the other races could have looked at the mist with interest but never explore it? "Irbadplayer:Hey Sinkhead, I love adventure and exploring and this mist has been off the cost for several hundereds of years don't you think we should check it out? Sinkhead: L2P fracking noob booty. Iz kiln mobs fur purpl loots." They could have developed roughly based on the ancient Chinese. Maybe add another class to the race too. I don't know maybe something based around Kung Fu?

Or if thats too far out a space goat possibly?

Really far yes, let's not do this shall we? -- Blood
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-12-19 at 02:14 PM.

oOoOoOoOoO
    You forgot Quaggan!