Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Blood Fear is stupid, glad to see it going. Ofc, they'll probably just make the talent unviable instead of giving us something fresh to choose from, but meh.
    this is my biggest issue with the whole possible removal of blood fear. instead of giving us something useful in replace of blood fear they're gonna do a half ass job creating a replacement for it. they'll remove blood fear and give us a talent that lowers the cast time of fear by 5%, but cost 20% of our life and has a shorter duration of regular fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Trust me, we warlocks want to get rid of it as well....
    It would be true if Blizzard realized that they would have to compensate if they remove it. Unfortunately they won't so there will be nothing good out of nerfing the class even more.

Good change, but let's hope they actually compensate for it... The old CC model was great, don't see why they changed it so much...

As a warlock, I approve of getting rid of it. However, I think all instant CC besides stuns and snares needs to be done away with.

They removed RoF stun and don´t compensate with another cc... I´m not sure if they remove BF will compensate with something usefull.

I've swapped Blood Fear for Unbound Will for quite some time now since I'm mostly only playing with a friend who's a Resto Druid and am now rolling with 2x dps trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    The purging of everything Xelnath had a hand in continues.

Such a childish vendetta going on there.
    Nah, dude, I wanted to get rid of Blood Fear too. I just didn't have a suitable replacement on-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    My main is a paladin, my 2nd most played toon is a lock. Paladins still have bubble, bop, 2 instant cc's, a lot of burst and yes i know they do no dmg without cds, well warlocks dont do any dmg even with cd's up, now all they have is blood fear thats the only reason to bring a warlock to your arena team. If they take blood fear away they may as well just remove the class.
    Uhm... You're a fucking idiot. "If they take blood fear away they may as well just remove the class." LOL

Bloodfear is the most stupid CC in the game, it needs to be removed, period.

You have unending resolve, use it. If you can't play without BF it's a l2p issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Well I agree, but...shouldn't more of it be touched than just Blood Fear?
    yes it should,

imo all melee interrupts should be free(resource wise) current cd's maybe a bit longer, ranged interrupts need a longer cd, or a give and take glyph that reduces cd but removes spell lockout, some should just be removed,
    instant cyclone could be "fixed" by adding a cd to ferals shifting forms, 2-3 seconds would suffice, they drop kitty to pop a cyclone, better hit travel form so you aren't nuked, or hota, and wrath spam...etc
    instant cc's really are out of hand, but then again so are interrupts...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    While BF is proper poor, without it we have nothing.

With no decent replacement (Which I highly doubt we'll get) why bring a Lock to 3's/5's/RBG's when you can bring any other class, possibly bar rogue, that gives you more tools in your team.

Our pressure is gone, our CC is awful, our burst is no existent, what have we left to justify our spot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Oh really? LOL if they remove blood fear warlocks will be the most useless class in the game by a long shot, and obviously im talking about pvp here.
    This is pretty funny. Ever tried playing a DPS shaman for example ?

Bloodfear is the ONLY reason & only good thing about warlocks!!

CASTING FEAR WAS SO HARD

They will likely make it so whenever you take direct damage, it will make your next fear instant cast and cost hp instead of it having a cooldown all the time, allowing you to use fear offensively with a cast time, or defensively instantly and costing you some hp. Somewhat like Blazing Speed for mages.

I don't know why anyone would think warlocks need to be compensated for this, because they still keep fear, or they can choose to use Unbound Will which allows warlocks to have a pvp trinket that isn't on the same cooldown as the normal one, has only a 1 min cd with an hp cost, and still lets you use the standard fear.

During BC/WotLK days when arena was a bit more tuned, Fear alone made warlocks very heavy cc classes, along with howl of terror. They did not need an 8 second cc with a 30 yard range to be instant. Saying that Blood Fear was necessary for warlocks is laughable. The sky isn't falling.

It's getting removed/replaced, ghostcrawler said it's not balanceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Nah, dude, I wanted to get rid of Blood Fear too. I just didn't have a suitable replacement on-hand.
    XELNATH! I thought you had left these forums forever. Hope everything's going on great at Riot. Just remember that we can't thank you enough for everything you've done, and even though we had some tense moments, it had always been a pleasure talking to you. It doesn't mean you can't interact here as a player though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Good change, but let's hope they actually compensate for it... The old CC model was great, don't see why they changed it so much...
    I agree with this. It would be a good change, however there has to be something that compensates it, and tbh even with our new defensive CD's i dont see a problem adding anither CC slot. If they did that, it will have a long CD like 2/3 mins. But as Phoenexis said, i never saw a problem with the old CC system.

Should of kept DC on a 2 min CD and not put it into talents. Replace Mortal coil with another CC to choose from, maybe bring back the old shadowflame (called something else obv) spell which dazzles all targets for 3 secs etc (like dragons breath for mages). Just an idea off the top of my head. That way you would have normal fear, DC (on a 2min CD), and a CC to choose from. Remove Blood fear for some untilty spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Glad you're still visiting the MMO-forums, I hope your happy with your new job

Back on topic, if you wanted to get rid of Blood Fear, what was your original intent then for this design? It used to be OP in beta, but toned down with a 10 sec CD. And with the 10% health cost, it already doesn't seem all that powerful versus normal Fear, which doesn't have a CD and no health cost.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    No they don't, please do not speak for the WHOLE warlock community o.k. please don't do that. before blood fear warlocks fear was a joke.people forget that fear is the main cc/defense a warlock has, the demonic circle needs to be cast before the fight to be of use, and demonic gateway takes way too long to cast to be considered a useful pvp defense, and our silence, charm and disarm have to be chosen between our pets so those are not really main cc's. druids have had the ability to use cyclone on instant cast for a good while and it was never an issue, heck priests have an instant fear, and an instant horror and thats not an issue not to mention their psychic horror pet that keeps casting horror or fear or whatever it is.
    I find it ironic that you listed at least 4 major CCs locks have access to, while excusing 3 of them as "not really main CCs" because they're on your pet - not that you can't plan your pet before the arena nowadays. Hunters using monkeys will be pretty amazed to hear that their monkey blind isn't really a CC.

Druid cyclone is a problem, yes, because iirc it doesn't even drop form when you get predatory swiftness. But NS is on a 1 minute CD so you can plan around it, and feral druid's need 5 combo points on a target to ensure an "NS-clone" from predatory swiftness, so if you snare/kite them effectively that cyclone uptime drops dramatically. Not to mention that outside of bash, it's literally their only CC and it DRs crazy quick.

Priests have a PBAoE "instant fear", meaning "point blank AoE," meaning they need to be in melee range and it's not effective as an offensive CC without major planning, nor is it useful as a peel - it's mainly a defensive CD. Psychic horror requires orbs to cast, and if they're getting free MBs off on you, they probably deserve the Horror, but no fear (lol, pun), using horror means they have to give up DP, their "burst", to cast it, til they get more orbs. And honestly, if you put yourself in such bad position that a Psyfiend can corner you for 10s, you deserve the fear, because, you guessed it, it's another proximity based fear, and this one is stationary so you honestly have to be awful to get caught in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    No they don't, please do not speak for the WHOLE warlock community o.k. please don't do that. before blood fear warlocks fear was a joke.people forget that fear is the main cc/defense a warlock has, the demonic circle needs to be cast before the fight to be of use, and demonic gateway takes way too long to cast to be considered a useful pvp defense, and our silence, charm and disarm have to be chosen between our pets so those are not really main cc's. druids have had the ability to use cyclone on instant cast for a good while and it was never an issue, heck priests have an instant fear, and an instant horror and thats not an issue not to mention their psychic horror pet that keeps casting horror or fear or whatever it is.

the main issue here is warlocks use to be able to be rofl stomped to the point where everyone thought of them as a joke and now that people have to strategize and think about how to beat them they're "op" and things like blood fear are "op" and ridiculous. I'm sorry but don't blame the spell blame the people who combine this ability with other class abilities and exploit and spam it. the spell itself is not an issue, heck half the people who are complaining are the same people who exploit any broken mechanic and are prone to using the flavor of the month class
    I dont think you played before Mist of Pandaria, but it is a long long time since someone thought of warlocks as a joke.. Vanilla maybe?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Blood Fear is stupid, glad to see it going. Ofc, they'll probably just make the talent unviable instead of giving us something fresh to choose from, but meh.

My vote: Make Deathcoil (old version) baseline, move Mortal Coil to replace Blood Fear, give us a new single target CC to replace MC (frostshock root clone, reverse death grip, throwdown, frostjaw, w/e). And ofc give us back some passive dmg mitigation.

EDIT: Related - Still think Fear immuning of zerker rage needs to be removed. Make it break alla WotF but no longer immune. Warriors don't need any more help.
    Yea i was also thinking along those lines. Although in the place of blood fear i'd suggest a kind of nova or a kind of aoe, melee incapacitation effect like dragons breath.