Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I'll use Alexander the Great as an example, he had a male lover his entire life. However, he was under a lot of pressure from the Greek state to produce an heir, the Greeks and the Persians kept introducing him to women of important families. What did he do? he found the least important attractive woman in his empire, she was a woman from Afghanistan and the daughter of one of the local tribes, named Roxanne. He had a child with her, and then left he in Baghdad as he went to India, with his lover.
    Roxana went to India with Alexander, and she's generally said to be beautiful... Besides Alexander is also said to have been sleeping with Barsine and may even have (though, I doubt it) fathered a child with her.

It's more like Greeks of the Hellenistic period did not really care as much as we do about classifying people into strictly separate categories of sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    If you have to figure out how to reproduce because it doesn't come naturally, then something is wrong there.

The problem with most people is that they look at humans as being nothing more than animals because they believe in the faulty idea of evolution. There are males and females so to have children and populate. You don't see gays having babies out of there butts do you? With the huge gay movement and push that has grown so rapidly all of the sudden, soon being a 'straight' couple as male and female will be looked at as unnatural. I'm sorry you compare yourself and lower your worth to being nothing more than an animal so to justify your unnatural practice of homosexuality.
    Well glad to see someone with 6 posts being so highly homophobic. At the level of your argument I would wonder if you where actually straight. Because you think way too much on this subject. And feel way too emotional over a simple political debate on a Video Game web forum.

As for humans being animals, guess what humans are. Even the bible makes it clear God made humans the same way he made the Animals. Granted you get the complicated magical methods with humans, because after all as reasoning and intellectual beings humans have abilities that other animals can not do. But this doesn't change how we are biologically, it only effects our mental capacity and our ability to communicate to generations that wont be born for thousands of years. You can choose to be rigid in your faith, but do not impose your faith on others. The society we live in has many faiths and beliefs that do not agree with yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to figure out how to reproduce because it doesn't come naturally, then something is wrong there.

The problem with most people is that they look at humans as being nothing more than animals because they believe in the faulty idea of evolution. There are males and females so to have children and populate. You don't see gays having babies out of there butts do you? With the huge gay movement and push that has grown so rapidly all of the sudden, soon being a 'straight' couple as male and female will be looked at as unnatural. I'm sorry you compare yourself and lower your worth to being nothing more than an animal so to justify your unnatural practice of homosexuality.
    Evolution is accepted by the current Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. The Vatican currently teaches that evolution exists, but is the result of a domino effect God set up when he created the universe.

As my new friend Gothicshark noted, apes very genetically similar to humans (some scientists argue they are closer than even chimpanzees) practice bisexuality as a matter of course, and many bird species will see the male fertilize a female's egg, then bring in another male to raise the offspring. Furthermore, to insist that gays would not engage in sex for procreation, or participate in artificial insemination at the very least, if it were a matter of continuing the species is nonsensical and completely unsupported by existing studies. Furthermore, humans are mammals. We are animals, albeit animals with extremely advanced cognitive abilities and highly complex social structures. If something is found in nature, it is natural. That is the very definition of the word.

On top of all that, scientists in South Korea have proven that sexuality can be dictated by genetic structure, in that altering or removing the gene FucM caused female mice to gravitate toward relationships with other female mice and spurn male mice (even going so far as to completely avoid them). This is no different, mind you, from genes dictating race or gender, and scientific studies have thoroughly debunked efforts to deny them rights equal to straight white males though claims that they are unnatural or somehow otherwise lesser.

Finally, I find it amusing that you seek to justify oppression through a nightmare scenario that would never occur wherein the oppressors become the oppressed. I believe you need to refine your grasp on irony and double standards.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes cos that was exactly what happened with the civil rights movement?
    Nowdays all whites are unatural, amarite?
    All liberties not aimed soley at white, hetrosexual persons are unatural o_o

I will have a drink later tonite to human stupidity, but plz dont feel that I have you in mind.
    You can't compare what I said to the civil rights movement.. What you said is basically labeling gays as their own race. There are gays of every race and skin color. It's not who they are, but rather what they DO that makes it 'unnatural'.

Enjoy your drink. But don't drink to yourself. That is rather vain.

"Funny how an oppressor's fight against equality is fueled by their irrational fear that they will eventually become the oppressed."

Funny how the oppressed can't wait to be on top and be the oppressor.. /end retarded statements.. Male and female has been the ideal partnership since the beginning of time. If all of our past ancestors were gay, then the world wouldn't be what it is today. Humankind would cease to exist if the larger population of humans were homosexuals, and that is the direction that humans seem to be going in. It's not a fight against equality. You can be gay if you want. I could care less. But stop pushing and pushing and pushing it and shoving it down everyone's throats. Everyone is equal. So leave it at that. What you do behind close doors no one else wants to hear. But it's not behind closed doors anymore. It's out in everyone's faces and I'm sick and tired of it.

You can't compare what I said to the civil rights movement.. What you said is basically labeling gays as their own race. There are gays of every race and skin color. It's not who they are, but rather what they DO that makes it 'unnatural'.
    It's like you can't comprehend the concept of discriminating against a minority based on an incidental feature like skin colour or sexuality.

Also it's not unnatural, you just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    altering or removing the gene FucM caused female mice to gravitate toward relationships with other female mice and spurn male mice
    +10 interwebz to the scientist that named this gene.

As my new friend Gothicshark noted, apes very genetically similar to humans (some scientists argue they are closer than even chimpanzees)
    Minor nitpick - humans are apes, along with chimps, gorillas, orangutans, bonobos (all great apes), and gibbons (lesser apes).

Funny how the oppressed can't wait to be on top and be the oppressor..
    are you suggesting our gay overlords will force gayness upon us poor, hapless heteros? seems to be the path your posts are following

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Roxana went to India with Alexander, and she's generally said to be beautiful... Besides Alexander is also said to have been sleeping with Barsine and may even have (though, I doubt it) fathered a child with her.

It's more like Greeks of the Hellenistic period did not really care as much as we do about classifying people into strictly separate categories of sexuality.
    Sorry my bad I studied Alexander extensively in 1993-4, after 11 years some of the details might get mixed up. It is true that the Greeks didn't have labels for homosexuality they had a much higher percentage of the population expressing homosexually in public than any other culture in history. I should point out that the poet Sappho created a Woman only colony on the Island of Lesbos, where she promoted a male free culture. in fact the term Lesbian comes from this. Which is why I feel the term for homosexual males should actually be Thebans based on the Greek city state that pair it's male gay married couples together on the battle field.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    are you suggesting our gay overlords will force gayness upon us poor, hapless heteros? seems to be the path your posts are following
    Apparently he's projecting his own discriminatory oppression against those he wants to oppress, and then justifying it as "they would do this to me!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Minor nitpick - humans are apes, along with chimps, gorillas, orangutans, bonobos (all great apes), and gibbons (lesser apes).
    Never said we weren't, just noting that (credit to Gothicshark) Bonobos apes have been known to practice bisexuality almost casually and they are very close to us genetically.

Never said we weren't, just noting that (credit to Gothicshark) Bonobos apes have been known to practice bisexuality almost casually and they are very close to us genetically.
    I apologize, I misread your comment as saying "humans are genetically similar to apes" were it says "humans genetically similar to apes". Sorry about that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there an article within the past year about how kids raised by gay couples are more successful then hetro couples?
    It makes sense seeing as how gay couples can't just be like "oops we adopted a kid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

15+ Year Old Account

"Funny how an oppressor's fight against equality is fueled by their irrational fear that they will eventually become the oppressed."

Funny how the oppressed can't wait to be on top and be the oppressor.. /end retarded statements.. Male and female has been the ideal partnership since the beginning of time. If all of our past ancestors were gay, then the world wouldn't be what it is today. Humankind would cease to exist if the larger population of humans were homosexuals, and that is the direction that humans seem to be going in. It's not a fight against equality. You can be gay if you want. I could care less. But stop pushing and pushing and pushing it and shoving it down everyone's throats. Everyone is equal. So leave it at that. What you do behind close doors no one else wants to hear. But it's not behind closed doors anymore. It's out in everyone's faces and I'm sick and tired of it.

How do they push it down your throat? Wouldn't you agree that it is some of us (incl you) hetro people shoving it down their throat.
    After all gays dont get the same rights as us hetro people. It is not hetro people getting descriminated, violated or beat up by gays is it?
    So, HOW, in your perception of the world is it us hetro that suffer from the actions of gay people?

As far as unnatural, no it is not, it is more uncommon but not unnatural.
    In your paranoid fear of anything not white & hetro you need to learn the difference between the two words.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-12-08 at 06:15 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humankind would cease to exist if the larger population of humans were homosexuals, and that is the direction that humans seem to be going in.
    Studies show otherwise. Species where bisexuality and homosexuality is common still exist. Procreation will still occur even if somehow bisexuality or homosexuality became the norm rather than heterosexuality, because reproduction is hardcoded into every creature's genetic makeup.

It's not a fight against equality. You can be gay if you want. I could care less. But stop pushing and pushing and pushing it and shoving it down everyone's throats. Everyone is equal. So leave it at that. What you do behind close doors no one else wants to hear. But it's not behind closed doors anymore. It's out in everyone's faces and I'm sick and tired of it.
    Did you feel the same way when learning about the feminist and civil rights movements? A minority are being denied equal human rights due to sociopathic politicians clinging to the writings of a man who's been dead for over a thousand years, who was regarded as an extremist even in his day, and have had enough and are demanding equal rights.

You cannot claim on one hand that everyone is equal, then on the other claim that something found abundantly in nature is unnatural and that they should not receive equal rights while arguing with information not even the Vatican supports anymore. That is by definition hypocrisy, and if you'll recall, Christ hated nothing more than hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh god no, I have never met a Streight guy who understands the concept of matching, grooming, cleaning, or getting their nails done. Sorry if you are not willing to get a manny/peddy than I am not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Oh god no, I have never met a Streight guy who understands the concept of matching, grooming, cleaning, or getting their nails done. Sorry if you are not willing to get a manny/peddy than I am not interested.
    wait, because im straight i cant coordinate? omg stereotype!!! the oppression begins already!!! run for your lives straight people!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe because banning gay marriage is completely and totally against the constitution?

Using that argument back in the civil rights movement:

Hey these black people are the same as us whites, I'm so tired of this Martin Luther King guy shoving this whole blacks are equal thing down our throats, I'm so sick and tired of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, because im straight i cant coordinate? Omg stereotype!!! The oppression begins already!!! Run for your lives straight people!!!
    Yes, fear the gay uprising, breeders! Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I look at it as, males and females were clearly designed to mate. Whether you subscribe to God or nature, it is a fact. If every single person in the world was straight, there would be no issue. If every single person in the world was gay, barring out artificial insemination (which is not natural) our species would die out within a couple generations.

Funny how some animals changed sex DUE to lack of numbers in one population, rite? :P

I'm sure that is just too much of a science mindfuck for you.
    Let me assure you tho, If there were only gay people left on earth, Humanity would not die out, because some people have this scope and reason and would opt to re populate anyhow.
    It's not about who you are fucking man, but who you love. Idk why that's so hard.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-12-08 at 06:21 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.