Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc0d85328399; 2014-07-12 at 03:12 AM.

You can just skip the incentives from daily quests and intentionally gimp your character. That's WoW as it's meant to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Sadly for the way my mind works, they are not optional : (
    i...i... i just have to shoot myself in the foot guys. i can't help it. i don't want to, but i have to.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing dailies aren't mandatory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It's not about getting gear, it's about getting patterns for your profession alts so that you can make everything you need for your main (leg / bracer / weapon enchants, belt buckle, etc).
    That still doesn't make the dailies mandatory, since you can get those from other players.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read all four pages, so I'm sure this has already been stated but anyways...

I'm a person who never much minded dailies, so I do them and don't complain about them. I recently swapped mains and my now "alt" had most of the reputations at revered/exalted before I did. I can't even begin to tell you how much much of a huge help the commendations are. You probably won't have to do more than a week or two of dailies on your alt before they're exalted with things that took your main much longer to get.

There's also no reason to do dailies that aren't for the valor vendor factions on your alt unless you want mounts or the like. Just knock out the four main factions if you want to open them on your alt for valor items and/or profession patterns. It really doesn't take that long now.

People have to do dailies!! If they did not do things they hate they would have less to complain about and they would be totally lost

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 04:15 PM ----------

Which makes you dependent on other players being online, and having the maxed profession you need, and having the reputation. Yay, dependency.
    As GC KEEPS saying, its an MMO

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    you don't have to do dailys ... /troll out
    If you want to gear your toon in every way you can then yes you do.

That's like telling a world first guild they don't need to go for it again. Its the drive that force's you to do it and blizzard knows this.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Optional content is optional. If you don't want to do dailies, don't do them. You can gear up in normal heroics, scenarios (I've gotten like, 15 blues and 2 epics since the patch from scenarios) and crafted stuff.
    All content is Optional.

With that said some content may feel Optional to you but to others its not.

There palystyle makes it not Optional.

Nether you or them are wrong different play styles force different content on you.

like hardcore raiders wanting to push heroic's before a nerf.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-12-08 at 04:27 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I'm glad Blizzard already said that they went waaay overboard with the Dailies in this bad AddOn. One can now only hope that they learn from that mistake.

Which makes you dependent on other players being online, and having the maxed profession you need, and having the reputation. Yay, dependency.
    You do realize that was the whole intention of professions to begin with, right? That it wasn't intended for a player to have all professions at their disposal at all times?

Oh, the horror.
    You might have to depend on other people to get some of the crafted materials.

OP could be summarized as "I feel a compulsive need to craft everything I would ever want on my own characters. And without a lot of effort. Why can't the game cater to me?"

Answer: Because having a minimum level of exclusivity on a few items is good for the economy and the game.

Sell items from your own professions for money.
    Get friends or guild mates to craft for you.
    Buy anything else.

Problem solved.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

well then you should probably play skyrim. this is an MMO and a large part of the game is built on the notion of most of the players being reliant on one another, hence the existence of guilds and a limit to a single toons professions.
    yes if you want to be fully self sufficient you are allowed to, but you have to put in the extra time to do that and since that's wholly optional you forfeit your right to complain about it.

you opted to take the long path to full self-sufficiency. oddly(ok not really) the long road takes longer and costs more. who'da thunk?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I haven't ever seen that put down in print by Blizzard but I'd be happy to see the proof. I think it's more likely to provide more reason for players to interact rather than be forced to do it.
    It usually comes up when people complain about professions having too much BoP "crap".

I'd rather be able to look after myself in that regard, thanks.

Incorrect. Not everything they want, simply the items to maximise their gear.

Especially when those items are required in order to get the most out of your gear, right? -_-

I'd rather skip the waste-of-my-time middle stage of item-gold-item but, as that's not an option, I'll just craft it myself.

Again, I'd rather just make it myself.

Not wasting my time on making items for gold, or getting gold in general.

In short: I'm not prepared to wait for the right person online, or waste any of my time getting gold to get something off the AH, when I know it's damn easy to craft the item once you finish the boring part of getting the reputation. If I decide to continue playing WoW once I get all my classes to 90 I'll grind the factions out so I can be self-supporting.
    And again, none of this makes dailies mandatory.
    You have options, you just refuse to do them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you want to gear your toon in every way you can then yes you do.
    Wanting to be self sufficient is a choice you make yourself, it's not forced upon you by the game.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2012-12-08 at 06:57 PM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Interesting, after reading the posts here I found that most believe the answer to OP is: "Dailies aren't mandatory."

Well hell - with that attitude, Logging in isn't mandatory either. You paid Blizzard? well they don't give a fuck if you log in or not - they got paid... so, playing isn't mandatory either. So, yea - I guess dailes (a subset of playing) aren't mandatory by that logic -> nothing in wow is mandatory and this can be used as a rebuttle to any problem that any player has with content. You guys are so pro at helping the OP - you should all be proud of yourselves, I don't think OP would ever have thought of "Dailies aren't mandatory" on his/her own.

The reason dailies are mandatory is the Lesser Charms of Fortune. There is zero other way to get them than doing dailies. Sure, I could not do them and just miss out on 3 extra loot rolls each week. Until I have every piece of gear I need from raids that's just stupid though.

It's like there's a 4th instance in this raid teir. It has 3 bosses in it that allow me to choose what their loot tables are. No one in their right mind would say that the instance is optional for raiders. The problem is that to get attuned to that instance every week, I have to grind dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Neowodahs View Post
    The reason dailies are mandatory is the Lesser Charms of Fortune. There is zero other way to get them than doing dailies. Sure, I could not do them and just miss out on 3 extra loot rolls each week. Until I have every piece of gear I need from raids that's just stupid though.

It's like there's a 4th instance in this raid teir. It has 3 bosses in it that allow me to choose what their loot tables are. No one in their right mind would say that the instance is optional for raiders. The problem is that to get attuned to that instance every week, I have to grind dailies.
    Good thing you only need to do a minimal amount in order to get your 90 tokens for one week.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Interesting, after reading the posts here I found that most believe the answer to OP is: "Dailies aren't mandatory."

Well hell - with that attitude, Logging in isn't mandatory either. You paid Blizzard? well they don't give a fuck if you log in or not - they got paid... so, playing isn't mandatory either. So, yea - I guess dailes (a subset of playing) aren't mandatory by that logic -> nothing in wow is mandatory and this can be used as a rebuttle to any problem that any player has with content. You guys are so pro at helping the OP - you should all be proud of yourselves, I don't think OP would ever have thought of "Dailies aren't mandatory" on his/her own.
    Great post. This "they aren't mandatory" defense is trite apologist nonsense. I agree that getting to exalted is not at all needed but revered is. Or you have nothing to spend your valor on. "well if you don't raid why do you need the valor gear" some say. Well there is plenty of older content people are farming for transmog and you need good dps for this old content in order to solo it or duo it. Anyway there are plenty of reasons besides raid progression that people want good gear for and to get this good gear you HAVE to do lfr and dailies(to revered) this is fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I dinged 90 on my second character, and using a bit of cash I was ilvl 456 and doing a few heroics for items, using my professions or even recieving gear from scenarios, would have no real issues carrying my weight in MSV.

I've unlocked the 100% rep bonus so doing the bare minimum (honored, valor stuff) takes merely a few days.

This endless whining about dailies being so horrible and "mandatory" is a dead horse. It's worse than nefarion, a ressurected dead horse, plagued with disease, that has no real arguments to it. Do dailies if you want to reap the rewards. That's how MMO's works.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Good thing you only need to do a minimal amount in order to get your 90 tokens for one week.
    I guess 45 quests that I hate every week qualifies as "minimum" these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Neowodahs View Post
    I guess 45 quests that I hate every week qualifies as "minimum" these days.
    i believe minimal and minimum can be a little different. Hate it, dont' do it.