Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW account value

Hello guys
    I was playing WoW today, good, mounted on my Invincible, when suddenly someone whispered me:
    "Hey, do you wanna sell your account?"
    I said:
    "Hell, no!"
    Then he said:
    "$2000,00!"
    I still said no, but that made me curious, how much is my account worth?
    So, I have 2 characters level 90, 3 level 85 (all horde), and something around 14.5k achievement points. Lot of FoS, some even not obtainable anymore, lot of mounts (163) and pets (234), collectibles, 4/6 of the Loremaster achievement, etc, ...
    You better check it yourself: Search for Modafock on the armory (alt of mine, 85, druid)
    Also have mostly all the heirlooms, Warglaive Off-hand on my DK, and almost done Shadowmourne on my pally.
    Maybe I forgot something, if I did, I will edit this later.
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Search your characters on Maldy.net to get a value. Note that selling your account is against the ToS and the buyer will likely not have the account for long before the account is permanently banned.

I'm not selling, I'm just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing wow halfway through cata and the above website says my account is worth $4,469.70. Don't think that's very accurate.

Mounts$ 1410.00
    Pets$ 1112.00
    orly

Deleted
    How can you put a value on something you don't own and can never sell? It's like wondering how much the sun is worth.

Well, even knowing it's against the ToU, some people still sell accs, so that's why.

i would totally sell it for 2k

according to maldy , my main is worth $ 5,626.47 ... any takers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    How can you put a value on something you don't own and can never sell? It's like wondering how much the sun is worth.
    People sell accounts everyday, against the ToS or not, it happens.

That maldy is grossly inaccurate by the way.

Deleted
    Rofl according to Maldy my account or atleast my main is worth 9,634.01$

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    Search your characters on Maldy.net to get a value. Note that selling your account is against the ToS and the buyer will likely not have the account for long before the account is permanently banned.
    wonder if that TOS would stand in trial , since there was a verdict by the european court earlier this year about re-selling your games.

found a link to the verdict : http://curia.europa.eu/juris/documen...=1&cid=2558320
    Last edited by stresskiller; 2012-12-08 at 08:10 PM.

my main realm account was worth over 20k and i didnt even put in 3 of my toons im pretty sure maldy is not anywhere close to accurate but if someone would like to buy a wow account for a sweet deal of 15000 dollars im pretty sure i can negotiate
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    FPTTTTMMMGHEG What. I'm not even going to list the number here or name my character (gender/harassment, you know the drill) But CHRIST ON A POGO.

I doubt it's worth even half of that number.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    wonder if that TOS would stand in trial , since there was a verdict by the european court earlier this year about re-selling your games.

found a link to the verdict : http://curia.europa.eu/juris/documen...=1&cid=2558320
    well..you don't own the game, thats the thing, you own the RIGHT to play the game and use it's services..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    well..you don't own the game, thats the thing, you own the RIGHT to play the game and use it's services..
    I'm pretty sure that in the EU it's not possible to own rights to access a game but not own the game itself. So chances are if you're from the EU you actually own the game itself.

I definitely read something like this a while ago concerning games.

Take it and run accounts were worth the most in BC and since have depreciated. I had a pally friend that had full t6 holy/ret/prot sets and he made soooo much damn money from that, like 8k. If you have a Scarab Lord title you could prob fetch around 5k. But no i would never pay anything for an account now its so easy to gear up, doesnt take 1/5 of the time it used to.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that in the EU it's not possible to own rights to access a game but not own the game itself. So chances are if you're from the EU you actually own the game itself.

Why would an American company care about EU laws.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Take it and run accounts were worth the most in BC and since have depreciated. I had a pally friend that had full t6 holy/ret/prot sets and he made soooo much damn money from that, like 8k. If you have a Scarab Lord title you could prob fetch around 5k. But no i would never pay anything for an account now its so easy to gear up, doesnt take 1/5 of the time it used to.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:38 PM ----------

Why would an American company care about EU laws.
    duhh if you sell something in europe you need to stick to those laws. that's how it works world wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

I agree on this, as a game has a license attached to it. The game without a license/cd-key wouldn't be playable therefore technically you own the license and should be able to pass on your account to whoever you want to. However the ToS state something very different on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius View Post
    according to maldy , my main is worth $ 5,626.47 ... any takers?
    My main is only worth $ 4,174.74

Well, i guess thats pretty good as it has only been my main since 2 weeks before MoP release, and we havent raided at all in MoP...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!