Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Feral Druid and Energy

Feral druids are in desperate need of more energy or of a damage ability such as a hunters cobra shot to do as our energy recharges. Any changes ahead???

Deleted
    Sometimes during Berserk and OoC or if OoC proc with TF i tend to be energy caped for a moment but generally i don't feel like i'm in need off more.

We do have Tiger's Fury to boost up our energy aswell... Thought seeing monk having a talent with base 15% Energy regeneration increase makes me scratch the bold.

Deleted
    Nope, i feel energy is fine as it is. Stop just spamming Shred and use finishers for SotF talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ferals are supposed to be the way they are right now. Though, reducing the energy cost on SR to 15 energy would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Sometimes during Berserk and OoC or if OoC proc with TF i tend to be energy caped for a moment but generally i don't feel like i'm in need off more.

We do have Tiger's Fury to boost up our energy aswell... Thought seeing monk having a talent with base 15% Energy regeneration increase makes me scratch the bold.
    Yeah, I agree on the 15% energy regen buff. But remember that without the buff, Ascension would still be a terrible choice compared to the 2 chi on jab every 20 seconds and chi brew, 4 chi every 1 min. The talent Ascension didn't bring anything to DPS besides giving you one more chi slot. But still... I'm barely EVER energy starved on my WW monk.

ok how many of you are actually feral druids lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    Nope, i feel energy is fine as it is. Stop just spamming Shred and use finishers for SotF talent.
    the purpose of sotf is to make your finisher moves basicly free not to give you extra energy for extra atacks but i do agree we dont need more energy regen giving more energy will lead to tune down the dmg from the abilitys and then the play style of the cat

Ever saw the simcraft on how much waiting time feral and rogues have compared to every other melee? you will be surprised Honestly, it feels okay if you apply Faeri Fire once in a while and use your PS procs for the DoC rotation, isn't really too bad.

Deleted
    I dunno how other people feel about it but I like our unique playstyle. I do not want to be some kind of secondclass hunter, monk or rogue.

Ferals are fine as they are, if we get more energi regeneration our dmg will be lowered cause of to much energi. With the energi regeneration we have now we can top dps, so with even more we would just get to overpowered.

Ferals energy regen has always felt sluggish. It would be nice to have a little more, honestly. Sitting and waiting isn't always fun, I've been playing my frost DK, and it makes me wish I had swapped mains, because ferals just so slow while raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Ferals energy regen has always felt sluggish. It would be nice to have a little more, honestly. Sitting and waiting isn't always fun, I've been playing my frost DK, and it makes me wish I had swapped mains, because ferals just so slow while raiding.
    Really? I feel like there goes a lot of planning into when to pool energy in order to DoC buff next rip and such. Then couple that with encounter mechanics it is challenging. You always have to think at least 10 sec further down the line in order to do good dps. I personally love it. Not losing dps by pooling energy makes short periods of high ms or lag a non issue as well

In dragon soul we all had a taste of how it feels being a "rogue" with our high energy and cp generation. Some people liked it. Some people didn't. I personally much rather prefer what we have now

EDIT: I personally hate my frost dk :P That spec is nearly as easy and faceroll all over your desk as my shammies elemental os.
    What to do: Spam your 3 buttons which are howling blast, obliterate and frost strike. Whichever one is able to be used will be used...........
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2012-12-09 at 06:15 PM.

Personally, when raiding, I love the forethought and strategy needed get high dps in the context of fight mechanics. Unfortunately, raiding makes up only a small percentage of my gaming time, and I have to admit, when doing dailies and farming, energy regeneration does feel pretty sluggish at my current gear level (480).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oiplmj View Post
    ok how many of you are actually feral druids lol
    I'm a feral and have also played feral in wotlk and cataclysm.

Reason energy regen feels slow is because you're not supposed to spam the living heck out of shred etc. Keep in mind that classes like warriors and paladins have a cooldown on their abilities and do about the same damage as shred does. So you should think that shred has about a 3-6 second CD if it would be an ability warriors/paladins use.

Edit: If you don't like the slow energy feel to ferals, play a windwalker monk. Their energy regens at the same speed but because you use abilities that require chi you'll never really be energy starved. Which is actually the reason I don't like playing monk because I feel like I will never be able to get the most out of my energy and if I make one mistake I'll cap my energy...
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-12-09 at 07:06 PM.

I compare it alot to my hunter who uses focus and has cobra shot he can use as his focus regens, with cat when it goes now, im just sitting there waiting for it to charge and then two hits its down again.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 02:40 PM ----------

And im not talking about a huge gain here, like 150 or so energy or just give me something half decent to use while it charges.

Quote Originally Posted by oiplmj View Post
    I compare it alot to my hunter who uses focus and has cobra shot he can use as his focus regens, with cat when it goes now, im just sitting there waiting for it to charge and then two hits its down again.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 02:40 PM ----------

And im not talking about a huge gain here, like 150 or so energy or just give me something half decent to use while it charges.
    How about FF, or throw out a brez, or eat a bagelbite..
    There's plenty of filler you can throw in that keep you occupied in between. Think of when ,god forbid, you hit Zerk and the raid hits hero.. The most painful energy capping 15 seconds ever. Imagine our regen is through the roof and we get that all the time. Having played feral dps since BC when you had to wait for energy to return in clumps of 20 and shred cost 42 energy; the current regen rate is perfectly fine with me.

See you all keep basing this stuff on raids. I dont do much raiding. Im a dungeon, daily type of person, once i cast ff its on there awhile, if im daily's no one is dead to brez and have the time in a dungeon unless the healer dies hes rezzing. Something tells me most of the bigzumzah maybe you can link your feral druid and i can see how your is built and everyone else, Just to make sure your are ferals lol

Honestly, Feral does seem fine atm. You should be pulling energy and planing ahead anyway. If you feel energy starved try picking up sotf. Do you play with an addon the Badkitty or DruidFocus? I find it much easier to track my energy use when I can place my bar where I want.
    You should be keeping up FF, it's apart of our basic rotation. And if you are that set on making sure some of us posting are indeed feral, here's mine.

We also stacked haste for a good part of Cata which made our energy regen a bit faster. Haste stacking (unless using HOTW) isn't something we are currently doing which could leave someone feeling sluggish. We don't have the haste values this tier that we did last tier.
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2012-12-09 at 10:19 PM.

I mostly play Guardian, but have been thinking of dropping my Boomkin offspec to try Feral DPS, and this got me curious: What is the place of Haste in Feral stat priority, and how does that affect our Energy Regen? Would putting more emphasis on haste as a stat provide meaningful energy regen without totally smashing our dps output?

Ive played feral since I started playing in BC, really all it comes down to now is rng crit procs for extra combo points, and watching timers and your energy bar, I guess I've just grown bored of feral in general lately. And yes, I am actually a feral, check my signature.

Currently it is not possible to get enough haste for it to really benefit us. The stat priority can change depending on your t6 talents. The general stat priority is W.DPS> Agi> Mastery> Hit=Exp>Crit>Haste. Crit is more beneficial to stack behind Mastery simply because Crit = more of a change to get an additional CP for 1 move and energy spent. This in turns means that energy can be used somewhere else more efficiently.