Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Yes, and i can imagine where your coming from, going by your achievement points your obviously an achievement whore, but that doesnt mean thats how blizzard originally intended them to be completed. I always viewed Battlemaster as something that battleground addicts eventually have a good chance at getting, i doubt they were designed for people that want every achievement in game.
    Yeah I am an achievement whore, I don't see what your point is. I've been doing BGs since vanilla, except that's not the only thing I do in game.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    If one eventually can't finish all random BG related achievements on either a twink-geared alt or in a 5man group, then you simply aren't dedicated enough to deserve said achievements.
    Personally I never bothered finishing my battlemaster, seeing as I never cap any bases in AV and AB (and therefore miss all those), but I got all other achievements while farming honor gear at the start of most seasons, all by queuing either solo or with 1-3 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    If one eventually can't finish all random BG related achievements on either a twink-geared alt or in a 5man group, then you simply aren't dedicated enough to deserve said achievements.
    Personally I never bothered finishing my battlemaster, seeing as I never cap any bases in AV and AB (and therefore miss all those), but I got all other achievements while farming honor gear at the start of most seasons, all by queuing either solo or with 1-3 other people.
    Oh this is golden. So cheesing achievements on low level, unbalanced twinks is ok but god forbid if you form a raid and actually work with a team to get the achievement.

If you have to resort to twinking on a level 19, 39, 49 or w.e in order to abuse the account wide achievements then you really don't deserve it.

Pretty amazed that some people view cheesing on twinks is legit but forming groups and raids isn't.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I did most of it solo, at worst I got a couple in a 5 man group. Its easy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Oh this is golden. So cheesing achievements on low level, unbalanced twinks is ok but god forbid if you form a raid and actually work with a team to get the achievement.

If you have to resort to twinking on a level 19, 39, 49 or w.e in order to abuse the account wide achievements then you really don't deserve it.

Pretty amazed that some people view cheesing on twinks is legit but forming groups and raids isn't.
    There's a great deal of difference. In a 15man premade AB for example you are making it impossible to play against. The opponent has absolutely no choice but to wait until you decide to end the match. The other alternative is to leave the battleground and get deserter. You are basically ruining any opponents game experience.

Playing on a max level alt or a low level character you are able to bypass some of the class restrictions (that used to be) on achievements such as quick cap or ironman.
    Most players are wearing heirloom gear anyway. You also participating with heirloom gear will do no difference, low level BGs will still be horrible with or without your pressence.

And I really loved how you missed my point. I am not saying that doing it on a low level character will yield the same difficulty as doing it solo in max level, but there's no reason to allow full BG premade groups that ruin playing experience, when Battlemaster achievements are still perfectly viable to cheese through in a 5man group wearing BiS PvP gear, or on any low level character with heirloom/twink gear.

15+ Year Old Account

First 39 and 49 twinks have been DEAD since 3.2 3 1/2 years ago. XP on/off killed the brackets deader than a doornail. MoP killed 70's which was the last active twinking bracket outside F2P.

Further 39's and 49's when they were twinks didn't have access to AV, SOTA or EOTS so it's kind of pointless to complain about twinks having an unfair advantage in getting this achievement since, of course, they haven't existed in years.

Battlemaster Misuteri
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2012-12-08 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be hard to get the perfect storm with a bunch of retard bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with so many other things in the game....
    Stuff works.
    Stuff can be enjoyed by many.
    Stuff gets abused by a few.
    Stuff gets shut down.

Works as intended. If anyone's to blame, then the ones who love to abuse functions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    It is cheesing it because you are doing it in a way never intended. If Blizz wanted full premades to queue for random BGs they wouldn't have removed that option when they added rated BGs.

The old-fashioned way.. is the same everyone who didn't cheat the system has been doing it since 4.0.
    Players often complain about being completely outclassed and having no chance against a premade. That, a random queue should be random, not heavily favoring the company of 10 players who are communicating and have the advantage of a full set of equipment, teammates and experience vs whatever the other team gets into their roster through the queue. Could be a Gladiator, could be a fresh 90 with no gear, could be players that could beat the premade, but usually it is just people who are not that great at the game or are just gearing up.

It's pretty presumptuous to believe that this change was made just to shaft players that wanted to work together to get achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Going to be hard to get the perfect storm with a bunch of retard bots.
    I got Battlemaster at the end of WotLK and this was the only one I needed a premade for. Even then I didn't use a full premade.

It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Queue up alone or with 1-4 other people and do them that way. Simple.

And Heaven forbid some of them might actually take skill or luck to pull off without a full premade. -.-
    I love this lol.

The old fashioned way is premades. Always has been. I think it was after Wrath they started killing premades.

Also, there were plenty of times in Wrath and tBC where I would queue into a pug and we'd wipe the floor against premades because pugs weren't so mentally deficit (ergo bots) as to just give up/not do anything to fight back.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    I got Battlemaster at the end of WotLK and this was the only one I needed a premade for. Even then I didn't use a full premade.

It's not that hard.
    The state of botting wasn't nearly this bad. Good luck getting perfections with most games being full of bots. Then again it's pretty likely you'll queue into a bg with 90% of the opposite team being bots so you can get it easier. But apparently that's not "cheesing it" but having premades is.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-08 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I had to log onto my laptop just to respond to the stupidity in this thread.

Battlemaster is easy enough to do without an entire pre-made, but it takes a little bit of luck. I got my guild master Battlemaster during Cataclysm, with just me (Holy Paladin at the time) and him (Blood Death Knight). We occasionally got a little help from one or two guildies, but we never ran a full premade...

Stop complaining because parts of this game takes effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The state of botting wasn't nearly this bad. Good luck getting perfections with most games being full of bots. Then again it's pretty likely you'll queue into a bg with 90% of the opposite team being bots so you can get it easier. But apparently that's not "cheesing it" but having premades is.
    You even said it yourself; botting goes both ways. You're just as likely to run into a team with 10/15 botters as you are to have that many on your own team. A geared team of 5 should easily be able to get all the perfect games within a few tries if you haven't yet gotten them by the time you reach 100 wins.

Edit: By "geared team of 5", I mean make a 5 man premade for those specific achieves by the time you have 100 wins in each battleground. And honestly, the perfect games and a couple of luck based ones (like the one where you have to win AB by 10 points) are the only ones you probably won't have by the time you hit 100 wins. The rest of the achieves are mind numbingly easy.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2012-12-09 at 12:03 AM.

Yeah, I can claim I've seen a unicorn in my front yard too, doesn't mean it's true.

Is it possible? Sure. Never said it wasn't...I simply said its quite impossible as in its not something your average random will be able to accomplish. Period. Swearing that it happened and that a random group of people can do it no problem, along with calling me a dumb ass, just makes you look like one.
    "Quite impossible" literally means "impossible." The word "quite" does not diminish the word "impossible" in any way whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have this on 3 of my characters and have never been in a premade EVER, sept RBGs of course. stop whining about not being carried

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    So glad premades are being dealt with. Battlemaster is for those that do bgs all day every day and eventually accumulate all the achievements. Completely ruins the prestige of the acievement if your doing it in a full premade. Sure getting a couple of friends to come along and help isnt so bad, but full raids? no thanks.

Edit: Also all those achievements you listed i got playing solo, i dont even play bgs seriously, havent got the 100 wins on most.
    how is getting a few friends to help not a premade?
    a 5 man premade is just as much a premade as a 40 man premade is.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I'd just like to add something I noticed when I was queue up for a few games on my Priest:

I've always known that my G15 shows any notifications, like whispers and stuff. But when I was queued for Random, it was actually telling me which BG it would be. Whether this is a new thing or not, I don't know. But combining that with communicating when you get queues pop would mean that you're almost guaranteed to get the same groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    First 39 and 49 twinks have been DEAD since 3.2 3 1/2 years ago. XP on/off killed the brackets deader than a doornail. MoP killed 70's which was the last active twinking bracket outside F2P.

Further 39's and 49's when they were twinks didn't have access to AV, SOTA or EOTS so it's kind of pointless to complain about twinks having an unfair advantage in getting this achievement since, of course, they haven't existed in years.

Battlemaster Misuteri
    Twinkinfo.com and several twinks I know on my main realm would protest otherwise.

Battlemaster is an achievement you get over a long period of time of doing battlegrounds. Not something you grind out in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    "Quite impossible" literally means "impossible." The word "quite" does not diminish the word "impossible" in any way whatsoever.
    If this is what you are arguing against then I think you've run out of things to say on the subject and should move on.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    Battlemaster is an achievement you get over a long period of time of doing battlegrounds. Not something you grind out in a week
    What does this have to do with anything that was being discussed previously?