Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy Paladin Weak Auras

So, I redid a bunch of my WeakAuras and added a couple more to pastebin so I thought I'd necro my old thread and update it. Here is my current set up with notes!

7/23: Added hand spells and a small bar with dps spell cds, see page 2 for a screenie!

Link to Pastebin

The Daybreak dot changes from red with zero stack to yellow with one and green with two. I just wanted a little reminder with the 5.3 changes.

The Holy Shock bar will turn red and flash at you when HS is off cd.

The Holy Power bar has added in support for Divine Purpose where all the bars will light up and blink on a proc.

The CD bar is pretty self explanatory but where you see Light's Hammer now will change to Holy Prism or Execution Sentence automatically when you switch that talent around.

In the pastebin I also have a tracker for the meta which isn't in the screenshot.

Anyway, enjoy!
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2013-07-23 at 11:26 PM. Reason: 5.3 Update

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. It's a bit diferent from most UI you can see around
    Yet it's clean enough to see everything.

The ui is ElvUI with very few modifications that you can get http://www.tukui.org/dl.php

The cd tracker is one I got bit back but the latest download version hasn't worked for a few people so I don't want to link it to you but if someone else recognizes it and has a working version that they want to post that would be cool.

Nice job Lucyrotten! I like it

So is WeakAuras basically PowerAuras Classic? I really want to use this but what is the screen shot showing. I'm a little confused. I'm trying to find something that tells me what my Procs are so I can see it easier.

WeakAuras does very much the same thing as PowerAuras but is a little slicker. You can set it up to watch for procs.

The bar with all the cds in the middle of the screen is the group of cds I'm watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks very clean. I've still been trying to get my Weak Auras set up perfectly, but the add on seems a little more difficult to work with for me than Power Auras was. It definitely has some added usefulness over Power Auras though.

Deleted
    what is the weakaura-setup doing when your abilities are on cooldown? as for now, a simple bartender-bar in the middle of your screen would be doing the same

When the abilities are on on cd there's a visual number countdown in the frame.

Deleted
    well yeah, thats exactly what a actionbar would be doing...so, anyways. i use weakauras too, but for some cooldownbars left of my raidframes

How is this addon with Inquisition and managing my uptime as Ret? I'm pretty damn good at it on a usual basis but I'd like to have something right in my face so that I'm not making slight mistakes that cost me net dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    well yeah, thats exactly what a actionbar would be doing...so, anyways. i use weakauras too, but for some cooldownbars left of my raidframes
    If you choose to associate animations or sounds you can do that too. I don't have visible binds so technically I would have room on my bars if I wanted to do that but I don't.

How is this addon with Inquisition and managing my uptime as Ret? I'm pretty damn good at it on a usual basis but I'd like to have something right in my face so that I'm not making slight mistakes that cost me net dps.
    I'm not a very good ret so this question might be better asked outside of this thread. I use clcret and it tells me when to push my Inq button. It would probably be easy enough to set up an aura/counter/timer/bar to track inq though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Uh sweet thanks, I'm having a hard time trying to figure weak auras out lol but is because I'm a slacker, I should read the tutorial.

Now I just need one for ret D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Question, I use Affinity's UI too, but I don't have that bar on the left that tracks the raid cooldowns. Is it part of WeakAuras or is it another addon or part of the same ElvUI? D:

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Question, I use Affinity's UI too, but I don't have that bar on the left that tracks the raid cooldowns. Is it part of WeakAuras or is it another addon or part of the same ElvUI? D:

Thanks in advance!
    It is Blood Legion Raid CD - ithub.com/MethyleneBL/BL_Cooldown

You have to manually put it into your addons folder.

Instead of starting a new thread with the same stuff I just updated my original post here. I'm sorry if that makes some of the comments look out of place.

New stuff, enjoy!

Fixed a broken thing.

Thanks for sharing! The set up looks great and I look forward to testing them out on my Pally.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome avatar and sweet UI.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Awesome avatar and sweet UI.
    Dark Legacy Comics did a Peanuts Christmas thing with all the characters dressed as WoW classes and making Lucy a paladin was too good for me to pass up so I stole it!
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.