Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Also, I guess the reason I don't like AD marks is because I meet people who are not stupid enough to get into AA range of me, which is the reason why I rarely get to use Nami's Q in lane as well.

Maybe I just have bad luck. I don't know. But these days I don't get to get close very often before I get my face mauled off. Especially with all the moronic "kill lanes" these days.
    Well obviously you build for your playstyle, there's no point getting AD marks if you can't land any AAs but that doesn't mean it's not a perfectly legitimate build for those who can.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I'm just wondering where this treasure trove of unaware people is. The one where people go really close to you, allow you to hit them, without instantly grabbing you with CC or burst.

Deleted
    Bought Nami today and tried her. Must say shes fun. So far been using the usual support stuff.
    First game someone decided to whine at me telling me im bad, while he wasnt doing well either going straight into leonas traps. Told him "Im a mermaid, your argument is invalid" and continued on.

Quite amazing how her spells can turn the tide so quickly (pun intended). Ulti + Q does a lot already, add to that that she has a damage buff, and the speed buff with her passive. Only thing i dislike is that her passive doesnt affect herself, it takes half an iceage to get back to the damn lane >.<

Were u fighting a varus/leona and you were paired with vayne?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Only thing i dislike is that her passive doesnt affect herself, it takes half an iceage to get back to the damn lane >.<
    Pretty sure it does unless i'm wrong .
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Only thing i dislike is that her passive doesnt affect herself, it takes half an iceage to get back to the damn lane >.<
    It does! You would think it doesn't, but it's one of the ways I catch up to my teammates when I get left behind of go to B.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I'm seeing right now most Nami's aren't that great, is she even a hard champion to play?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    From what I'm seeing right now most Nami's aren't that great, is she even a hard champion to play?
    I'd say she's medium/average difficulty. Her spells are pretty straight forward and don't take long to get used to but theres extra strategy in how you deploy her kit.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought her yesterday. The second game I played with her, man was she fun. It is pretty clear that she is definitely a support as I had to go mid because it was 'needed' and I attempted to explain that she doesn't put out enough damage for me to do any good in mid. So I did, didn't end well. Just went to support Xin Zhao on bot. The only way I ever got a kill was a steal and yes my team understood the mechanic of Ebb and Flow. That's a sweet ability. I got about 26 assists one game because of Ebb and Flow haha. As mentioned before, her abilities are pretty straight forward but really fun in how they can be used. That's the hard part, executing the abilities at the right time and executing them in the most optimal way.

Tl;DR: Nami is a really fun champion and executes her role really well. (Support obviously).

Deleted
    So i was waiting for the first person to instalock Nami mid... it happend today. And when i told him to go support he refused to do so and i got told that she has

- Good base dmg
    - Good ratio
    - Good CC (This is true)

I'm having a very hard time believing this. Her CC is easy to dodge aswell... So yeah was i wrong to dodge? Kind of confused as i keep reading that she is awfull at mid and that she does not belong there. While a couple of people just told me that she can go mid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also put Maokai mid. Or Poppy. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea or their best role.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Her stun is really hard to land when the enemy aren't distracted (fine in team fights, hard in lane). Honestly she feels very strong when trading or team fighting, the ult is insanely good. Her problem is she doesn't REALLY have a way to disengage in lane, since the stun is so difficult to land. I can struggle to stay on an even footing in lane even with a good AD, but I think she might be Tier1 support once the game opens up a bit. Just don't get caught. Because then you dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like her in lane she doesn't feel that great whenn they focus its hard to hit the stun or get a good bounce. But she really shines whenn teamfights start, bouncing the heal keeps your team going yust a bit longer, landing her stun on 1-2 people is good peeling for your carry.

Trowing the ult after the fight is iniated to disrupt themm rather thenn for initiation or chase mostly as they wont be as likely to dodge it. Got the slow on my carry annyways so they wont escape easily.

If they jump u however you are probaly screwed

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I kinda love her.

Landed quite a few kills with Ebb and Flow on fleeing opponents, jumping it onto the target off my AD who was chasing the target so he was between me and him.
    And dat Ulti... so good. And that feel when you land your Q on 4 people in the opposing team after an Ulti It's kinda tricky to land the Q on lane but doable if you can predict where they are gonna "dodge it".

First few games I build her similar to when I play Sona but went full AP instead the last few games and it worked quite well. The Ulti actually hits really hard once you get yourself a full kit of AP-gear and Ebb and Flow actually heals for A LOT. Best game I got 37 assists which was fairly hilarious

Nami is one of the best supports IMO, it has heals, good dmg, and a cc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    Were u fighting a varus/leona and you were paired with vayne?
    Hmm, nope, it was a caitlyn. Was in a game later on with a vayne vs varus, but at that time he had a lulu.

And she actually is affected? I guess i just didnt notice the speedbuff then.

As a sidenote, im not fully sure about what abilities to take first.
    I tend to take Q first and level it first of all the abilities since i like the heavy CD reduction along with some nice damage early on. W and E is then taken depending on if the lane is going well or not, but it tends to be E for the slow and damage steroid.
    What do you others do?

Deleted
    So, saw a few people trying the AP mid Nami thing now. All I can say is that I'm not impressed at all. Don't think I ever got the feeling of "HOly Shit that Nami is fed as fuck!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, saw a few people trying the AP mid Nami thing now. All I can say is that I'm not impressed at all. Don't think I ever got the feeling of "HOly Shit that Nami is fed as fuck!"
    Yeah, I went with her on the PBE, tried ap on PG and it was kinda meh, not even the heal did much.

Yeah, she does damage but she can't and won't burst someone bellow their 40% with everything she has.

I love her as a support but yeah i tried going AP on her in a game where we had a DC and it was obviously going to be needed, just has no punch to pack. Her best thing is the fact that she can ult and Q and keep someone/s locked in place for a good few seconds while they are burst down. Outside of that, nada.