Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    What does this have to do with anything that was being discussed previously?
    Doesn't take a genius to deduce that if you pug it enough times, you'll get it - it's just a matter of time.

I can fully understand the frustration of having to pug it over the easy way of just stomping everything in a pre-made, but it's perfectly doable. I've NEVER been in a pre-made for BGs and have everything except some of the 100 wins and "the perfect storm", because holy christ is that one hard - I can understand where you're coming from, but I also know people who've done that without a pre-made.

Man up and do it, it's not intended to be something you crank out in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    I did most of it solo, at worst I got a couple in a 5 man group. Its easy...
    Let's be clear: you got lucky on a handful of achievements (happend to me too) and the others you did alone or with friends. Doesn't make it easy, it makes you lucky.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Doesn't take a genius to deduce that if you pug it enough times, you'll get it - it's just a matter of time.

I can fully understand the frustration of having to pug it over the easy way of just stomping everything in a pre-made, but it's perfectly doable. I've NEVER been in a pre-made for BGs and have everything except some of the 100 wins and "the perfect storm", because holy christ is that one hard - I can understand where you're coming from, but I also know people who've done that without a pre-made.

I did it all, so I don't have to "man up" and do anything. No where did myself or anyone else say that it should be done in a day, a week, or even 4 years (that's how long it took me to get Resilient Victory)

Getting lucky in a random doesn't mean it's easy, it means you're lucky as i mentioned in another quote.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    I did it all, so I don't have to "man up" and do anything. No where did myself or anyone else say that it should be done in a day, a week, or even 4 years (that's how long it took me to get Resilient Victory)

Getting lucky in a random doesn't mean it's easy, it means you're lucky as i mentioned in another quote.
    Eh, the man up wasn't really directed at you specifically, just a generic "you get it by pulling your socks up and playing until it happens".

As for the "Getting lucky in a random doesn't mean it's easy", no - ofcourse not, but the battlemaster achievement isn't intended to be easy, is it? Being "lucky" isn't enough alone either, you have to "force" that luck by running it enough, just like any 1% raid drop mount I'm not saying "run the instance once because that's how long it took me to get x", I'm saying "keep running it until it happens".

Having a premade of more than 5 isn't necessary for BM. I took the time to enjoy the journey, most of it being done alongside 2 RL buddies of mine (one of which who also got BM). On rare occasions there would be 4-5 of us, but usually not for more than 1-2 games at a time.

The final achievement I needed (AB perfection) was done with 2 others along with me (in terms of us being a "premade", that is). I managed to get the ball breaker of all the achievements (the come-from-behind AB win) solo queueing, but it was also a couple of weeks right after achievements came out. Funny thing is, I swear I remember such wins happening like that all the time, lol. Said achievement is even harder now, in a way, since the point deficit you have to overcome stayed the same when they lowered the score to win from 2000 to 1600.

Also, I feel bad now for would-be BMs having to slog through Strand, or as I affectionally call it now, strain of the anus. The changes done right before Cata came out making the demos faster than epic ground mounts and being dispellable...whoever thought such ideas would be great should be slapped upside the head, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

Wait for childrens week and get 5 people together. Rush both enemy bases and see how 13-15 of the enemy players who're all PvE people and 10~ of your team go for the flag. Eventually the enemy would win because your team was outnumbered just to find out they don't have a base to hand in the flag. With a tiny bit of luck this will lead to them flaming each other and morale dropping so far that you've already won. That's how we did it.

@Kazgrel, I got lucky with AB perfection. During the first week when it was possible to get Arena points through BG I ended up in an group made up mostly by Bloodthirst/Arena Masters/Gladiators and the likes farming their points during the middle of the night. The other side didn't have anywhere near as many and found themselves with no kills whatsoever back at their starting base.

I'm fairly sure that nearly out entire team being composed of 3-4 groups tremendously helped.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-12-14 at 06:39 PM.

OPs a bitch. Crying about not being able to get a full group of pvp players on vent against random, under geared, no communication having players. And then shitting on people who tell him why it shouldnt be and isnt allowed anymore in the thread. Take your entitlement and sarcasm, and shove em up ur butt. Seriously. /vommit

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    OPs a bitch. Crying about not being able to get a full group of pvp players on vent against random, under geared, no communication having players. And then shitting on people who tell him why it shouldnt be and isnt allowed anymore in the thread. Take your entitlement and sarcasm, and shove em up ur butt. Seriously. /vommit
    This is cute, want a hug?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I got the entirety of Battlemaster solo around Ulduar time. That was before I had really seen anyone with the title in any bg. The date reset when I faction transferred around ToC era, but the fact still remains. It is 100% possible and not hard in the least to solo. Oh yeah that was before they nerfed half of the achievements you need for it(like *cough* we had it all along when it was like a 10 pt win not 100 or whatever it is now)

If this is what you are arguing against then I think you've run out of things to say on the subject and should move on.
    It's not impossible. You're just not good enough and/or not dedicated enough.

Succinct enough for you?

OMG PEOPLE PLAYING WITH FRIENDS TO EARN A COMMON GOAL IS SO CHEAP, god what a bunch of casuals, lol

i can't imagine the majority of these posts are even serious

10+ Year Old Account
    stop crying, it took me forever but i solod most of the achievements. yes it took for ever but having a title you really did earn on your own makes it mean more! just dedicate a lot of time and try harder!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it the right way like I did, like you're supposed to. No premade groups, that's how it was intended.

It can be done, stop being lazy and go do it if you want the title that bad.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Do it the right way like I did, like you're supposed to. No premade groups, that's how it was intended.
    Having largely been on the recieving end of premades, I can understand the Pov for those against this. It is unfair, not having realistic communication (Calling incs ect, good luck with bads/bots everywhere) and a co-ordination that allows players to easily accomplish objectives/achievements.

However, after PvPing since BC I can understand the OP. I know how frustrating it is to try and get something accomplished, but be dragged down by a bunch of idiots (6 people dismount to cap ST/Farm. Slag each other off and none stay to defend, for example) who are almost as bad at playing the game than they are at playing their class (Ret with full CDS not saving a stun or trinket for the imminent CC that will hit him, or a Warrior not using BR to break fears and so on).

The argument for many saying "Just go RBGs if you want to play properly" is also fairly invalid when it comes to BM. Unless you're a 2k+ rating team playing 1k rated teams at the start of an expansion you're not going to be able to get achievements like "Resilient Victory", "The Perfect Storm" and other achievements that generally require a high level of co-ordination, or in some cases luck. Sure you might see "RV" occasionally in RBGs but that's generally when one team makes a huge mistake/misread and loses a base too easily and the game's pretty much over. You'll almost never see the BfG equivalent as BfG is often decided by whoever has 2 bases within the first 3-4 minutes (Assuming you're fighting at whichever base for 2-3 minutes before winning or losing the engagement).

The problem is; that many of these achievements are really only feasibly attainable in Random BGs. And even then, they often require a level of communication and co-ordination that is almost always lost in Random BGs. Sure you might luck out and get a group that's willing to do achievements, as people have posted here with their experiences earning achievements like RV, SP/FW Perfection and so on, but that is often just a matter of luck; a sort of "the stars align" moment.

I'm a fan of 5 player premades,, just as I was 10 man premades when that was the limit, as that's the limit that Blizzard decided for Mists. If people choose to exploit that by communicating via external sources then, kudos. Everyone gets their shits and giggles one way or another. I don't blame them for not wanting to put up with 1001 terrible, clueless, blind players/bots in order to achieve a fairly nice title. I'm not against teaming up with one of these said premades if they happen to be doing it, but as I said before that is largely a matter of luck that I was placed in to a game where this was going to happen regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

It can be done, stop being lazy and go do it if you want the title that bad.
    Whats the intended way for Battlemaster to be completed? Care to share a source for this "legit" info?

No? oh...thats right. There is no intended way to complete it. Forming a team to complete these achievements is just as "legitimate" as your way of banging your head against a wall by yourself. Only difference is its generally more fun with a group of friends.

BM was being done by premades since its inception. That's a fact.

BM was being done by premades since its inception. That's a fact.
    None of the BM achieves are hard enough to require a premade and it's been like that the entire time. A couple are pure luck (6 minute AV, 1590-1600 AB) and the rest range from completely manageable while solo (do X in Y battleground) to grindy (win 100 games in each battleground). Granted, that grinding gets easier if you're constantly running with a premade group, but premades were taken out of the game specifically so you won't win every battleground.

The only achieves you could possibly "need" a premade for are the perfection ones. As we covered earlier, a 5-man group is more than enough to get those achieves, especially with the high number of bots running around.

Anyway, this debate is pretty pointless. Blizz won't bring back premades so you can either a) deal or b) quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    None of the BM achieves are hard enough to require a premade and it's been like that the entire time. A couple are pure luck (6 minute AV, 1590-1600 AB) and the rest range from completely manageable while solo (do X in Y battleground) to grindy (win 100 games in each battleground). Granted, that grinding gets easier if you're constantly running with a premade group, but premades were taken out of the game specifically so you won't win every battleground.

The only achieves you could possibly "need" a premade for are the perfection ones. As we covered earlier, a 5-man group is more than enough to get those achieves, especially with the high number of bots running around.

Anyway, this debate is pretty pointless. Blizz won't bring back premades so you can either a) deal or b) quit.
    It's not pointless, if you choose not to participate that's on you. You can continue or go somewhere else.

If you are lucky, you are lucky and that's it. It doesn't diminish the difficulty of an achievement. Perfections with 5 require luck, using your example that luck comes in the form of 90% of the team being bots which almost never happens on that scale. That means that you are facing maybe 1 or 2 bots, perhaps 3 or 4 in a 15 man bg.

The fact is if you wanted to go for a specific achievement like perfection, or resilient, a premade was the only way to increase your chances of success and even then sometimes it did not happen because the competition was fighting back. Just because you form a premade doesn't mean you win every bg, your chances are greater but it's not guaranteed. Sure you could get lucky, then claim it was because how skilled you were that you got it in a random pug, but personally I like the coordination it requires with a team rather then the delusion of awesomeness from just getting lucky.

5 man is enough if you're lucky to have 1) newly leveled 90s playing against you and 2) majority of the team is bots. The likelyhood of number 2 happening being slim. In the case of resilient you also have to ensure that the pugs listen to you and not cap bases at the start of the game. People who have done enough randoms know that getting them to pay attention is difficult at best.

No one can ignore the fact that premades were being used to complete BM since it was put in the game. Hell I can probably bet that most of the people here used a group to get their achievements and are just trying to act cool lol. But hey, whatever works for you. Once people realize there is no specific way that you have to do this and that its perfectly fine to group up for it they won't feel as if they had abused the system, or that their friends will make fun of them (or whatever excuse they want to come up with).

It's not pointless, if you choose not to participate that's on you. You can continue or go somewhere else.

If you are lucky, you are lucky and that's it. It doesn't diminish the difficulty of an achievement. Perfections with 5 require luck, using your example that luck comes in the form of 90% of the team being bots which almost never happens on that scale. That means that you are facing maybe 1 or 2 bots, perhaps 3 or 4 in a 15 man bg.

The fact is if you wanted to go for a specific achievement like perfection, or resilient, a premade was the only way to increase your chances of success and even then sometimes it did not happen because the competition was fighting back. Just because you form a premade doesn't mean you win every bg, your chances are greater but it's not guaranteed. Sure you could get lucky, then claim it was because how skilled you were that you got it in a random pug, but personally I like the coordination it requires with a team rather then the delusion of awesomeness from just getting lucky.

5 man is enough if you're lucky to have 1) newly leveled 90s playing against you and 2) majority of the team is bots. The likelyhood of number 2 happening being slim. In the case of resilient you also have to ensure that the pugs listen to you and not cap bases at the start of the game. People who have done enough randoms know that getting them to pay attention is difficult at best.

No one can ignore the fact that premades were being used to complete BM since it was put in the game. Hell I can probably bet that most of the people here used a group to get their achievements and are just trying to act cool lol. But hey, whatever works for you. Once people realize there is no specific way that you have to do this and that its perfectly fine to group up for it they won't feel as if they had abused the system, or that their friends will make fun of them (or whatever excuse they want to come up with).

It just went from "I should be able to cheat the system because im so awesome" to "I should be able to cheat the system because everyone else who has the achieves used premade add ons like me but just doesnt want to say they did"

10/10. Your delusion and entitlement just made you my new favorite poster. Love it. More please. At this point I dont care if your trolling, or being a crybaby, keep it coming.

Deleted
    Can't you simply trade RBG matches? Queue with another team and do eachother's archievements?

You can still do premades. The addon writers have already found work-arounds. I've been using oQueue with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Can't you simply trade RBG matches? Queue with another team and do eachother's archievements?
    You could, i guess, but that would be considered win trading (i think) and that gets people banned/rating taken away etc

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    It just went from "I should be able to cheat the system because im so awesome" to "I should be able to cheat the system because everyone else who has the achieves used premade add ons like me but just doesnt want to say they did"

10/10. Your delusion and entitlement just made you my new favorite poster. Love it. More please. At this point I dont care if your trolling, or being a crybaby, keep it coming.
    You know, i was going to say something clever to out your apparent lack of reading comprehension but whats the point, you already made yourself look like an idiot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    OMG PEOPLE PLAYING WITH FRIENDS TO EARN A COMMON GOAL IS SO CHEAP, god what a bunch of casuals, lol

i can't imagine the majority of these posts are even serious
    Its possible they are just posting to get a rise out of people who agree that grouping for achievements (thus premades) isnt a bad thing. Its all too obvious with some posters (like Somewowguy) that all they are trying to do is get their post count and post nonsense.