Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesyk View Post
    This is correct; Meatcleave is ahead for SMF also when there is more than 1 target.

Great, I was wondering also; and that totaly makes senses; Thanks Blood! I wish I was still raiding with you
    NP man, and hey we're always looked for good DPS.

Deleted
    I have some (real) basic questions I struggle with as a powerleveled Warrior about to go raiding:
    1: When do I SMF, when do I TG? With equal gear? (In my case, 2x 463 2h, or 2x 463 1h)
    2: Battle stance and Beserker Stance. I'm used to using Beserker for DPS, but it seems Battle now pulls ahead if you don't take damage. How much AoE/incoming damage do you want to use Beserker Stance? Do you swap to it when some heavy damage comes in, to swap back to Battle afterwards?
    3: My gear is shit. Unreforged, 0% hit, 2.75% haste, 12.8% crit, 8.15% Expertise, 22.86% Mastery. This is with TG btw.
    Do I reforge to 7.5% hit, at the cost of some Expertise. Do I get more hit, but focus on the much needed crit?

Looking for the Sim tool now to try and determine if I need SMF or TG. But some general info would be nice

When do I SMF, when do I TG? With equal gear? (In my case, 2x 463 2h, or 2x 463 1h)
    SMF, if you have the same weapons for each, SMF is better.

Battle stance and Beserker Stance. I'm used to using Beserker for DPS, but it seems Battle now pulls ahead if you don't take damage. How much AoE/incoming damage do you want to use Beserker Stance? Do you swap to it when some heavy damage comes in, to swap back to Battle afterwards?
    You switch to Berserker when you take more damage than you gain from auto attacking, and yes, switch to it for moments of high incoming damage and switch back afterwards.

My gear is shit. Unreforged, 0% hit, 2.75% haste, 12.8% crit, 8.15% Expertise, 22.86% Mastery. This is with TG btw.
    Do I reforge to 7.5% hit, at the cost of some Expertise. Do I get more hit, but focus on the much needed crit?
    Hit 7.5%=>Exp 7.5%>Str>Crit>Mastery>White Hit>Haste

Reforge accordingly
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    SMF, if you have the same weapons for each, SMF is better.

You switch to Berserker when you take more damage than you gain from auto attacking, and yes, switch to it for moments of high incoming damage and switch back afterwards.

Hit 7.5%=>Exp 7.5%>Str>Crit>Mastery>White Hit>Haste

Reforge accordingly
    No easy to go guide for which stance per boss? I don't know the gaining rate for damage taken/regen on Beserker Stance, but I guess it's a bit of a "feeling" that you need to build. I'll reforge according to standards, but I thought Crit > Str (not that this is a choice).

Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    No easy to go guide for which stance per boss? I don't know the gaining rate for damage taken/regen on Beserker Stance, but I guess it's a bit of a "feeling" that you need to build. I'll reforge according to standards, but I thought Crit > Str (not that this is a choice).

Thanks for the quick reply btw.
    Battle stance is the default choice.

Some situations where you may want to swap to zerker stance:

Feng - after draw flame if you didn't block them with nullification shield, and during last phase during the aoe.
    Gara jal - When voodo doll'd (slightly uncertain on this one as the damage intake isn't very smooth)
    Elegon - at total annihilation, and in the last phase
    Will - during Titan Gas

Imperial Vizier - during force and verve

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding to the above: Bladelord during the last part
    Some people dance for crushes, I don't bother (Garalon)
    Windlord - during the AoE in last part if Die by the Sword is not up (Protip: using it makes you parry EVERY BLADE, period) and you don't need Def stance to survive
    Ambershaper: ??? maybe, P3, because of incoming damage, while not under the effect of Heroism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Will - during Titan Gas
    If you have over 49x iLvL make sure to cancel stamina buff on Will of The Emperors gas, because you tend to have alot of hp what affects berserker stances passive.

Does anybody know, the armor penetration from colossus smash is similar to arp back in wotlk? I mean, does it benefit from sunders/shattering throw?
    Last edited by nyjl; 2012-12-11 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Regarding to the fact that the Glyph of Recklessness is more viable if you are critcapped, or got a high crit percentage.

So my question is: Use this Glyph now, with 486 ilvl and 21.6% unbuffed crit or not?

And another question about my glyphs, I've now Glyph of Recklessness, Glyph of Unending Rage, and Glyph of Death From Above. Is it higher DPS output if I change the Glyph of Death From Above with the Glyph of Raging Wind? For information I'm very handy with hitting Death From Above while the CS debuff is up.
    It's just a matter of DPS increase.

-Pirush

For single target (as SMF at least), I'm quite certain that DfA is better than raging wind. As for glyph of recklessness, sim it. I' SMF and I have 21.82% crit unbuffed and the glyph sims as a dps loss for me, so I use enraged speed/raging wind/something else depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    Does anybody know, the armor penetration from colossus smash is similar to arp back in wotlk? I mean, does it benefit from sunders/shattering throw?
    The way I understand it, it bypasses ALL armor. So sunders/shattering shouldn't affect it.

Hi guys! My char Вэлентай, I am from Russia. I spend most of the time on the russian wow funsite NC. And i have a few questions for your top warriors =)
    1) What do you think about 24 sec avatar for garajal with 4-4.5min time of battle?
    2) How did you see ideal opener? Charge -> BT |Bloodbath,Skul banner| -> DR -> CS -> etc... or Charge -> BT ->|Recla,Skul banner| CS ->|Bloodbath| RB |Leap| -> BT -> RB -> RB...->(when all your trinket will proc) ->(when last seconds for bloodbath)DR -> .... or some anyother?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirush View Post
    Regarding to the fact that the Glyph of Recklessness is more viable if you are critcapped, or got a high crit percentage.

So my question is: Use this Glyph now, with 486 ilvl and 21.6% unbuffed crit or not?

And another question about my glyphs, I've now Glyph of Recklessness, Glyph of Unending Rage, and Glyph of Death From Above. Is it higher DPS output if I change the Glyph of Death From Above with the Glyph of Raging Wind? For information I'm very handy with hitting Death From Above while the CS debuff is up.
    It's just a matter of DPS increase.

-Pirush
    The merits of glyph of recklessness have been covered more than once, including in this thread, and the general result is that while with gear not yet attainable it might be a dps increase, currently glyph of reck is usually a dps loss over not having a glyph at all. People blindly state "that it gives you better enrage uptime, therefore it must be a dps gain" but completely neglect the fact that our most powerful CDs to use in conjunction with recklessness last much less than 18 seconds, and that our rage dump window is also much shorter than 18 seconds. Having 30% crit rather than 50% crit means you get a lot less out of colossus smash (6 seconds) bloodbath (10 seconds) skull banner (10 seconds), and all the heroic strikes that you'll be rage-dumping with while these are up.

End result, don't use glyph of reck. Sim it yourself for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    The way I understand it, it bypasses ALL armor. So sunders/shattering shouldn't affect it.
    I know, that logically it should, but I thought may be someone did some testing? UPD: I tested. It is really that simple, 100% of armor is ignored, sunders/shattering are not beneficial during CS window.

Quote Originally Posted by Velentai View Post
    1) What do you think about 24 sec avatar for garajal with 4-4.5min time of battle?
    And what is the reasoning behind this? Portal damage buff lines up with BB+synapse springs, and it is obviously better. If you are not going into portals, then it comes to 3rd grade math:
    avatar is 48/270=17.8% uptime during 4.5 min fight, 20% all attacks = 103,56% white + 103,56% yellow
    BB is 60/270=22.2% uptime during 4.5 min fight, 30% special attacks = 100% white + 106,66% yellow
    so to be at least equal 3,56% damage of your white attacks should be as good as 3,16% of your yellow attacks. Therefore white attacks should be 52% of your damage.

Your melee swings do 52% overall damage?
    Last edited by nyjl; 2012-12-11 at 01:33 PM.

how does glyph of TC rate for SMF as a glyph filler, it seems to do pretty decent damage for only 20 rage, but im guessing its not worth losing meat cleaver stacks over? Also how does cleave rate for smf since the buff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how you can CD stack to get that much more damage out of abilities (i.e. yellow damage), BB should still end up superior.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    2: Battle stance and Beserker Stance. I'm used to using Beserker for DPS, but it seems Battle now pulls ahead if you don't take damage. How much AoE/incoming damage do you want to use Beserker Stance? Do you swap to it when some heavy damage comes in, to swap back to Battle afterwards?
    In battle stance, you gain 3.5 rage per hit for every second on the weapon that hits. So with a 3.3sec 2H, each hit gains 11.5 rage every 3.3 seconds averaging out to 3.5 rps. Which means, that whether you use SMF or TG, fast weapons or slow weapons, you have the same rage generation of 7 rage per second with dual wield.

Berserker stance cuts that in half and gives you 1 rage for every 1% of your total health you lose. So, your question is really, at what amount of damage taken is

3.5 rps + (1 rage per 1% of health) X (Damage taken per second) / (Total Health) > 7 rps

solving for DTPS, we see that you switch to Berserker (algebraically at least) when

DTPS > 3.5/100 * Total health

so if you're at ~400k hp, and please check my numbers, comes out to anything more than 14k per second of consistant damage.

P.S. In general, swap out for any big hits you're about to take or mean nasty extended damage. Crush from Garalon for example or Force and Verve on Imperial Visier.

P.P.S. I may have the numbers in half. i.e. 7 rage per second on the weapon for 14 rps from auto attacks in Battle stance. If I am wrong, then it's better to switch at 28k, which seems more reasonable.
    Last edited by Reckles; 2012-12-11 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Your figure of 3.5 rps seems accurate, auto-attacking a dummy in battle stance with no haste buffs my rage jumps 12-13 every time my 3.5 speed main hand lands.

Bear in mind that a) off-hand attacks generate half as much rage b) missed auto-attacks don't generate rage c) haste buffs do affect rage generation (e.g. when flurry procs and my swing speed goes to 2.8 rather than 3.5, my main hand hits still generate 12-13 rage.)

So with 19% miss (which is your white miss rate with 7.5% hit) and no haste buffs you'd be generating 3.5 * 1.5 * 0.81 = 4.25 rage per second. With 10% melee haste and roughly 40% flurry uptime that would jump to around 5.1 rps (forget if flurry is additive or multiplicative with melee haste buff, just counting them together as +20% haste).

So rage generation from berserker stance would have to exceed 2.55 rage per second - at 400k hp that's only 10.2k damage taken per second.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-12-11 at 06:07 PM.

Hi Folks,
    I couldn't help but notice that Landsoul<vodka> and Sinnermighty<Blood Legion> are both now TG. Has something changed with the advent of item upgrades?

Hi Folks,
    I couldn't help but notice that Landsoul<vodka> and Sinnermighty<Blood Legion> are both now TG. Has something changed with the advent of item upgrades?
    Multiple add fights?
    Last edited by Keensteel; 2012-12-12 at 07:28 AM.

Or because of Shinka. You're looking too much into it.