Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    eww at all the people saying wotlk.

Vanilla was the funnest

Tbc was the best overall
    Last edited by extinction1337; 2012-12-09 at 12:01 PM.

Mists of Pandaria

WotLK ... when the game was casual and fun, ppl didn't appreciate it and got Cataclysm to teach them a lesson.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I can't say nothing about Vanilla since I started in TBC, but I like them all. Every expansion had it's ups and downs

Deleted
    Voted WOTLK, it simply concludes the epic story of Warcraft trilogy which earns a soft spot in my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: MoP
    2: Wotlk
    3: TBC
    4: Cata
    5: Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved WOTLK pvp as warrior. Mainly because of Unrelenting Assault (RIP), stance dancing, revenge spams, prot pvp and ArP. Also miss BC pvp with my steakherald and mace stuns lol. BC rogue was fun as was wotlk. Vanishing spells/cc felt good. SL/SL stam stacking lock was fun in BC. World pvp and bg montages were cool back then. I'd say BC/WOTLK were definitely the best times for me. I never played Vanilla at 60. I was probably around 30 or 40 on my warrior when BC came out, lol. Also, raiding Kara with friends and just joking around the whole time in vent was awesome.

DK's are still kind of that unwanted new character on your favorite TV show.

Edit: Although I can do without all the bugs with charge. Charge jumping etc. Anyone remember way back when a slow effect would cause you to charge in slow motion at your target? And Bloodrage putting you in combat so you couldn't charge, lol. I bloodraged IRL when I saw that they were giving it to us again through Symbiosis meanwhile everyone else got something awesome. Thank god they changed it, lol.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2012-12-09 at 12:54 PM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Awesome how TBC is that high, even though many people in here didn't play it and therefore vote for Wotlk. TBC:1 - Other epansions: 0

Wrath is. I played as a nooblet in vanilla enjoyed it but combat was boring and clunky, raids are some of the worst and some of the best. Bwl and mc and even to an extend aq had really simple mechanics.
    Bc was better all around, the combat and ui was greatly improved as was the quality of the raiding content, with the introduction of resil pvp was on its way to becoming balanced.

Wrath was the best because the combat was so fluid. a lot of specs were viable where they werent before, pvp become very balanced in the middle of the expansion ( toc) The raiding content was great and very immersive (ulduar and toc). The zones had this great norse theme (most of them) '. We also saw the introduction of heroic modes, which meant blizzard could separate content for hardcore players and the average joe. (big reason it is best)

Cataclysm was a poor expansion, it looked promising at the start of t11 and t12 but there was alot of reused content during and after that as well as the last raid being too easy(even before debuff) pvp was a bloody mess. but the combat being better than every other mmo out there held it together, wows combat is the glue that keeps this game together. imo (in its fluidness and responsiveness)

its too early to judge on mop, but its a lot of raid content out of the bat, i have not pvp but i hear its a mess, too many daily imo too, otherwise we're looking at a solid expansion.
    Last edited by The bearer of truths; 2012-12-09 at 03:04 PM.

vanilla was pretty good, the burning crusade was fucking horrible and almost made me quit the game, wrath started off great had a bad bit in the middle then icc was good but dragged on too long, cataclyms again started off great but the rest was pretty bad, mists so far is nearly perfect.

mists is the best O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Most casual expansion seems to be the favorite.

Deleted
    Classic was great - but mostly because no one knew what they were doing.
    TBC had some of the best raid content in the game, but absolutely dreadful class design.
    WOTLK had far better class design, decent raids.
    Cata can go and die in a hole.
    MOP is good so far, but far too early for me to vote on without seeing if blizz can keep up this standard.

As much as all of my nostalgia wants me to vote for TBC, I'm going with WOTLK - simply because of how much fun affliction was to play in it. I probably enjoyed TBC more at the time, but if I had to pick to go back to one of them NOW, I'd pick WOTLK.

MOP is a damn close contender to both of them though - if I enjoyed the affliction changes (unfortunately I don't), then I'd probably vote MOP. Great looking, great questing experience, some awesome raids. If they keep this quality up until the end of the expansion, then my vote will probably switch to MOP.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-12-09 at 03:06 PM.

Even though I started playing in BC, I enjoyed Wrath the most, by a fairly large margin over every other period except MoP, MoP is just right behind WotLK.

I too started in TBC and still think that TBC is the best "Era" and I think people should focus on that a bit more than they are.

TBC brought more new improvements and changes to the game (for the better) than I believe any of the others have, with the exception of the new area looting which should have been added years ago.

Key things which changed during TBC...
    Horde got Paladin
    Spell Power was created
    Arenas
    Improved Battlegrounds
    Real Tier Raiding
    Open World PvP Events
    Flying Mounts
    Jewelcrafting
    2 New Races
    (Arguably) The Best Tier Sets
    Heroic Dungeons
    Caverns of Time (which sort of stands on its own for me)

I honestly feel that in the scope of things Wrath was the worst expansion for several reasons. I don't know many people who weren't let down or negative about the Raiding Tiers, ICC as a whole, the level grind, and even DKs. The art design for gear was completely phoned in, and it saw the introduction of the worse system ever which was LFD. Most of the "good" class systems they implemented they quickly dismantled in Cataclysm anyway; so even the "perks" of it were quickly removed.

And for me, Cataclysm was such a let down that I actually quit WoW for over a year, which I'm doing again now in MoP so... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgarn View Post
    My Hand of A'dal title beg to differ.
    Ebay says hi,

Did exactly the same thing you did to the other dude,

Anyways tbc for sure,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Started playing in during late "classic" WoW, and of all the eras I enjoyed WoTLK the most. I met a lot of new friends, did a lot of PvE end game which I truly loved doing back then, the lore and theme of the expansion is also my favorite so far (BC also had great lore).
    There are many more points to why I enjoyed that era the most.

Deleted
    I liked TBC most, but Wotlk when Ulduar was released was the "peak" of WoW. I think this was the time when WoW had to most subscribers (in Europe+NA), Arena-PvP was very popular and on the edge of becoming a "real" esport. Moreover Ulduar simply was the best Instance ever.

I voted for TBC, even though Classic wasnt bad as well but TBC made some annoying aspects of WoW go away and introduced some new good ones.
    Sure, TBC wasnt perfect but overall it had the things in the game i liked about playing an RPG.
    I am a fan of attunments, long/hard quest chains and dungeons (but TBC started with boring dungeon design, BRD > all) and tiered raid progression.
    I loved the group quests introduced here and there which were in most cases not soloable and you had a chance of getting killed.

When i got into the game, the group play and to counter challenges with a group of players is what i liked. Also quest chains which could take a quite a bit of time like scholo key quest or thralls nagrand chain.

Wrath started the downfall for me, i was just not interested anymore after the first dissapointing raid tier. Ulduar was good again, ToC was crap and started all the gear reset stuff and i am also not a fan of LFD and LFR. Add to that a lot of other "nerfs" outside of raiding (questing and stuff).
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

Deleted
    Nostalgia has me saying Tbc. I was only level 50 when it hit, so I didn't have a chance to actually play the vanilla content. I loved Tbc from start to finish. It's where I learned to raid, PvP, enjoyed the dailies and the storyline. That being said, the most enjoyable time to play for me was the start of WotLK. Up until half way through Ulduar it was epic, but afterwards I was bored as shit and ended up quitting for a while. I wasn't too fussed on Cata throughout apart from the updated old world content, and I can't pass judgement on MoP because my uni halls won't let WoW run for some reason So overall, Tbc simply because it was enjoyable from start to finish.

I didn't really like TBC, absolutely enjoyed Wrath, and I'm greatly enjoying MoP. I voted for Wrath because MoP is not done yet.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...