Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What happened to WoW?

Wtf happened to WoW, why is it dying.

I remember old day in WotLK and mmo-champions forums. You could refresh the page and you would have new page full of just created threads, front page was being updated constantly, everyone was tracking progress and overall we were hyped as fuck.

What happened?

This thread will go far.

I can sense it.

1. WoW is not dying.

2. The game is 8 years old. Of course interest will decline.

Nothing happened. It's still incredibly vibrant and popular.

No one is tracking progress because progress for the tier has been finished, and everyone was hyped during it.

Gtfo hipster thread.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but on the front news have posted a few interviews from within the past few days. What is your definition of constantly? Because it's not the same as mine as it would seem.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It is irrelevant if I agree with you or not but this thread will not end up well. IBTL.

Present the evidence, don't just jump to a conclusion right off the bat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    No one is tracking progress because progress for the tier has been finished, and everyone was hyped during it.
    If progress for the tier has stopped, that's rather troubling, since very few guilds have cleared the raid content on even normal mode (4461 guilds as of this morning have downed Sha of Fear normal, according to wowprogress.com).
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-12-09 at 04:28 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Present the evidence, don't just jump to a conclusion right off the bat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 04:27 PM ----------

If progress for the tier has stopped, that's rather troubling, since very few guilds have cleared the raid content on even normal mode.
    Sure personally guilds are progressing, but why should the community be excited about the 600th guild to clear Terrace. That's what I was getting at. All of the great guilds are done progressing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am losing interest in this game. Give me a fabulous horde server to go to because Alliance is bland after 7 years of tasting the same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I am losing interest in this game. Give me a fabulous horde server to go to because Alliance is bland after 7 years of tasting the same crap.
    Illidan if you're American and a good player.

Even if you're a bad player, the population alone makes up for it.

Deleted
    Sure personally guilds are progressing, but why should the community be excited about the 600th guild to clear Terrace. That's what I was getting at. All of the great guilds are done progressing.
    Back in a day we were all checking our progress even thought we knew we are way behind. Progress, Gearscore and other various stats, all good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Back in a day we were all checking our progress even thought we knew we are way behind. Progress, Gearscore and other various stats, all good stuff.
    My guild does that. My friends guilds do that.

I don't know what you're getting at.

...Nothing has changed. I think you're just grasping at straws.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm

It's kind of like getting a wave of nostalgia and going back, digging out your first console system and that one game you loved on it, expecting to have so much fun playing it again because you remember it being SO AWESOME when you first got it.

And then you're like... "This is okay... but..." And somehow your memories of how AWESOME it was at the time don't seem to meet your expectations based on what you're actually playing.

Yet it's an old console game, it cannot possibly have changed in any way since you last played it.

Ah, I see. The only explanation is that you have changed and what was once awesome doesn't do it for you the same way any more.

But MMOs... it's much easier to blame the game when it comes to MMOs, because they do change and update. Yet the reality is probably the exact same situation as the old console game: It's still the same old thing. But you aren't, and neither are your desires and expectations.

Deleted
    Wtf happened to WoW, why is it dying.

I remember old day in WotLK and mmo-champions forums. You could refresh the page and you would have new page full of just created threads, front page was being updated constantly, everyone was tracking progress and overall we were hyped as fuck.

What happened?
    If you're at the top you only can go down, you know. Nothing special here tbh

When has anybody ever been excited about the 600th guild to clear anything? The way things are now is the way they've always been - the top progression guilds clear the content, and then everybody else clears it when they get to it, and then a new patch comes out and it happens again.

How excited do you get the fourth time it snows every winter?

10+ Year Old Account
    old day in WotLK
    wotlk was old days? :S

....Gearscore and other various stats, all good stuff.
    *cringe*
    Gearscore was a stupid fad of WotLK and I'm pretty sure most of the community's happy that it's gone ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    When has anybody ever been excited about the 600th guild to clear anything? The way things are now is the way they've always been - the top progression guilds clear the content, and then everybody else clears it when they get to it, and then a new patch comes out and it happens again.

How excited do you get the fourth time it snows every winter?
    I agree with you, which is why I don't understand what the OP is getting at. Why are you attacking me and not him?

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    *cringe*
    Gearscore was a stupid fad of WotLK and I'm pretty sure most of the community's happy that it's gone ._.
    It was so stupid they basically folded it into the game (with ilvl requirements).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"