Poll: Do you want Thrall back as Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you want Thrall back as Warchief?

This is the Thrall I think of when I hear the name. the guy who founded the Horde, and invited 99% of it's members into it.

but what of Go'el? Did Cataclysm's deification of Thrall put you off in him? Can Blizz come back from that, and make him the grounded badass he was (and is proving to be in 5.1)?

Or do you want a brand new warchief altogether?

Deleted
    Thrall is much better "warchief material" than Garrosh but I want someone new. I do hope Thrall plays a part in post-Garrosh Horde though, note I said Thrall none of this Go'el nonsense.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    No, I want Orgrim Doomhammer back, but since that's not happening, then I'll settle for Thrall.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post

This is the Thrall I think of when I hear the name. the guy who founded the Horde, and invited 99% of it's members into it.

but what of Go'el? Did Cataclysm's deification of Thrall put you off in him? Can Blizz come back from that, and make him the grounded badass he was (and is proving to be in 5.1)?

Or do you want a brand new warchief altogether?
    Fun thing about Thrall; the further away he is from Aggra the more badass he becomes. So yeah, let's just have Garrosh assassinate her and punt the kid into the Maelstrom.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Thrall isn't really capable of realistically keeping up the confrontation that Blizzard wants between the factions - that and Cataclysm, no matter how cheesily, has moved him past being a war chief - he should focus on being a shaman.

I think it shouldn't be Thrall. The warchief really needs to be more of a warrior type (especially if Blizz wants to continue pushing the horde vs alliance war so hard like they are in MoP), and Thrall has kinda moved away from being a warrior type. I would like to see him have some important role though. He should be a sort of very respected advisor to whoever ends up becoming the new warchief (sorta like what Drek'thar was to Thrall).

Saurfang would make an awesome warchief just because of the fact that he is a total badass, but his personality in game kinda makes me think he likes to keep things simple and wouldn't really want the job. I dunno. Maybe it could be someone completely new we haven't even heard of yet. Or even someone who is not an Orc. A Tauren warchief would be kind of awesome. This also means Thunder Bluff would become the new "main city" for the horde, which would also be awesome.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-12-09 at 06:30 PM.

I think he would be an interesting choice as warchief, since we know that he's enraged at Varian... if Garrosh's actions put the Horde in a position where they cannot avoid continuing the war, he could become quite vicious indeed.

Or just have Aggra get killed by Jaina somehow. That should trigger quite the explosion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but the second option, as Warchief Thrall not Go'el. I don't mind the Go'le being in the background to his character, but having him try and convince everyone he's Go'el is like Varian asking everyone to call him Lo'gosh, it doesn't work.

Anyone with common sense knows the horde we play as was founded on Thrall and what he did for it, he made the horde into something awesome and how to be more then a marauding group of killers, he made them into an honorable band of noble-savages.

So yes, the horde needs him to put it back on track, just put aside some of the mistakes made in cataclysm. The new look I like, but as Thrall.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.
    I want a different Warchief or none at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    Thrall isn't really capable of realistically keeping up the confrontation that Blizzard wants between the factions - that and Cataclysm, no matter how cheesily, has moved him past being a war chief - he should focus on being a shaman.
    Pay attention to what blizzard is saying lately. The whole point of mists and its plotline is to show what happens when you follow a path of constant warfare, he has dire consequences, and it has to come to an end.

The horde and alliance are set to settle there differences. They are not going to become friends, but there war is set to end in times to come, so both sides can focus on something bigger, such as the legions return. Pay close attention to what Wrathion and Velen have said.

As such, the horde will not be needing a leader who wants to constantly engage in war with the alliance, like that fact or not its going to happen. Thrall is the best leader for thats to come.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Nope.
    I want a different Warchief or none at all!
    Seriously. He's the best thing for the horde to get out of the shit its made for itself.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    meh, Thrall (I refuse to refer to him as Go'el), lost some of his badass vibe with this whole shaman buisness

But hell, I prefer an Orc over any other
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I kinda do cuz I can't see who else would be the leader of the orcs. Same time it doesn't seem quite fitting without some kinda warrior'ish warchief. Seems like Thrall might wanna keep trying to make peace, but I suppose if the Horde just wants to survive they gotta compete with the Alliance in certain ways and some of the races definitely won't get along, so I guess war is innevitable. But if he isn't warchief then I imagine he'll take on some kinda advisor role instead.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    but once all the scars from the Cataclysm are healed he will be unemployed!!
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    nope, tired of green jesus, bring on a non orc warchief, or a war council

Vol'jin for warchief!

Oh, and also this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5205?page=4#64
    Last edited by Alidori; 2012-12-09 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I kinda do cuz I can't see who else would be the leader of the orcs. Same time it doesn't seem quite fitting without some kinda warrior'ish warchief. Seems like Thrall might wanna keep trying to make peace, but I suppose if the Horde just wants to survive they gotta compete with the Alliance in certain ways and some of the races definitely won't get along, so I guess war is innevitable. But if he isn't warchief then I imagine he'll take on some kinda advisor role instead.
    Thrall is still a warrior though. He might have embraced shamanism, but he still fights as a warrior would. you read twilight of the aspects, he fights in that with the doomhammer as a warrior first, before he uses his shamanistic powers.

As for the horde needing a warrior leader? Why? Many races are lead by none warriors, Velen is a priest, as is Tyrande, Vol'jin is a shadowhunter, Mekkatorque is a tinker, it doesn't matter, he was a shaman before when he was warchief and is one still.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 06:47 PM ----------

Also, if Thrall was so held on being a shaman to fix azeroth, he wouldn't have found time to come back and fight against the kor'kohn, and stand in place of Vol'jin to defend the darkspears.
    #boycottchina

Thrall was a great leader to start a nation, but may be not as great in maintaining it. He already did show that he is pretty much lost when a conflict occurs. During WotLK he looked a bit confused about "why can't we live in peace" thing. It's WARcraft, there will be war all the time. There is something bad in the leader of ORCS being a hippey. And no, lorewise the orcs aren't peace loving flower smellers either, tho they aren't as bad as usual orcs from fantasy.

Garrosh seems not to work as well... somehow. Because Blizzard decided "screw it, let's make him a bad guy and kill him off". As much as I don't see the intentions, I may see the reason. Blizzard does not want any of the faction leaders to be more "warmongerish" than the others. It leads to what they don't want: to making the Ally/Horde choice being the "good/bad" choice. Both sides need equal will for war in order to succeed. There again, why didn't we kill off Varian, since he is the idiot who ignited war once again in Wrath, no idea.

The new leader of the Horde needs to be something in between. Experianced in war, of course, but not bloodthirsty. He also needs the respect to all Horde races, since this is the main flaw in Garrosh. He needs to be more diplomatic, able to talk to people and modest. The only lore choices present are General Nazgrim (love this guy and have no idea why, he is just badass) and Saurfang the Older, but he is too old. And, if Blizzard's invention didn't run out, another, yet unknown orcish persona, created in next patches. Like, one of the soldiers previously "sha-corrupted" by Garrosh, leading a rebellion created of other soldiers, lated joined with Troll and Blood Elve forces to take down Garrosh. Would be nice.

Or, goint the easy way and putting Thrall, sorry Gay'el, back in charge. Regardless of the lack of sense in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Seriously. He's the best thing for the horde to get out of the shit its made for itself.
    That would be too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Thrall was a great leader to start a nation, but may be not as great in maintaining it. He already did show that he is pretty much lost when a conflict occurs. During WotLK he looked a bit confused about "why can't we live in peace" thing. It's WARcraft, there will be war all the time. There is something bad in the leader of ORCS being a hippey. And no, lorewise the orcs aren't peace loving flower smellers either, tho they aren't as bad as usual orcs from fantasy.

Garrosh seems not to work as well... somehow. Because Blizzard decided "screw it, let's make him a bad guy and kill him off". As much as I don't see the intentions, I may see the reason. Blizzard does not want any of the faction leaders to be more "warmongerish" than the others. It leads to what they don't want: to making the Ally/Horde choice being the "good/bad" choice. Both sides need equal will for war in order to succeed. There again, why didn't we kill off Varian, since he is the idiot who ignited war once again in Wrath, no idea.

The new leader of the Horde needs to be something in between. Experianced in war, of course, but not bloodthirsty. He also needs the respect to all Horde races, since this is the main flaw in Garrosh. He needs to be more diplomatic, able to talk to people and modest. The only lore choices present are General Nazgrim (love this guy and have no idea why, he is just badass) and Saurfang the Older, but he is too old. And, if Blizzard's invention didn't run out, another, yet unknown orcish persona, created in next patches. Like, one of the soldiers previously "sha-corrupted" by Garrosh, leading a rebellion created of other soldiers, lated joined with Troll and Blood Elve forces to take down Garrosh. Would be nice.

Or, goint the easy way and putting Thrall, sorry Gay'el, back in charge. Regardless of the lack of sense in this one.
    you know for all you say in your posts, all I end up reading is that of an immature fella who talks more then he thinks. Bloody immature.
    #boycottchina

Thrall the wuss,nope.
    Saurfang next

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Thrall the wuss,nope.
    Saurfang next
    nothing wussy about him, sorry, anyone who bothers to read the lore instead of relying on the garbage on forums for info would know better.
    #boycottchina