10+ Year Old Account

Someone explain this to me

I was reading a thread on the forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7350355627

And something I noticed form BOTH sides on issues the game has is this.

IF you disagree with something in game or the game design your option is invalid and you need to shut up and stop whining, doomsayer etc.

But you you agree with blizzard and the game design your option is valid.

on the flip side of this

IF you agree with blizzard and the game design your option is invalid and you are a fanboy, kissing blizzards ass, etc.

IF you disagree with something in game or the game design your option is valid.

How come people seem to think their option is valid and others is not?

please keep this conservative and not a flame war.

Factionalism naturally evolves in any heated discussion given enough time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its the internet. Unless moderated severely people are not likely to behave as they would when facing other people.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ermm, you're always going to run into arguments such as that. People like to use fallacies in their arguments. You'll find it lots of places, not just on WoW forums.

Human nature. Some people just want to spend their time and energy letting other people know they're wrong on the internet, and fan-forums are the best place to find People Who Are Wrong.

Sure, it makes life unpleasant for actual fans and clutters up supposed fan-forums with anti-fan posts... but... err... yeah, it does do that. A lot. That's pretty much why I don't read the official forums anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the way it has been and always will be. People generally aren't very open minded and only see it one way, only ever will see it one way, and if you see it differently, you are wrong.

On a side note, you have hit the key issues with Government right on the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Well, historically large groups of people voicing one opinion has been what's changed things, big or small. So since people want to change (or defend) something here, they want to believe that surely the majority must be with them on this regardless of what's factual or not. Otherwise, they're just wasting their time or making a fool out of themselves, and everyone has always wanted to avoid that in the history of time.

Edit: For example, I was just skimming the first post in that thread, and I found something funny:
    Of course Blizzard claims the dailies aren't required... but they are, otherwise I wouldn't be doing them.
    I bolded the funny part. Whether you agree with dailies being required or not, that's just not good reasoning either way. So to me, that really does sum up the issue and my post.
    Last edited by Senka; 2012-12-10 at 04:18 AM.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this is about server-balance, I am all up for either CRZ or server-merging! I cannot quest/do dailies/explore/sit in Stormwind without full raids of Horde kill everybody and the Alliance playerbase is nowhere to be found.

Server balance should be fixed. On BOTH sides!

Your answer is simple: Ad-hominem

Instead of explaining or discussing the opposing ideologies, many (not everybody) get enjoyment by "taunting" or "trolling" the other person by calling them names instead of actually debating their arguments.

This happens alot when somebody is backed into a corner and can't offer a counter-argument, and thus they just insult out of shear desperation instead of offering an intelligent counterpoint.

Lastly, I might also mention what I call the "Starving Pitbull" mentality. If you feed a pitbull that's starving, chances are you'll have a companion for life. My neighbor did that, and the pitbull came into her house. About 2 months later she brought a date home, and the pitbull took 2 fingers off the guys hand when he put his arm around her - believing the pitbull's beloved angel's life was in jeopardy.

This applies to WoW fans... and also to so-called "haters" too, as they wish to defend their ideology/opinion like a "starving pitbull" too...