10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I didn't really know how awesome the punter for the Vikings is I just started following him today seems like a pretty cool guy and a gamer. https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft

Ehh hope the NFL doesn't fine him to much for his sticky note he had on his jersey the other day.
    Yep. He's cool.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 04:30 PM ----------

Calling this game on handshake watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    58-0 is what you'd call a blowout. Poor Fitz. Watching his shit team ruin the prime of his career is a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I just got home. I was hoping someone could help me figure this out.

Ravens/Redskins. 4th quarter. 29 seconds left. Baltimore still has a time out.

Please God, someone explain why Harbaugh has the offense take a knee and run out the clock to take it to overtime?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    58-0 is what you'd call a blowout. Poor Fitz. Watching his shit team ruin the prime of his career is a shame.
    It's always sad watching a top player languish on a bottom feeder team.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Please God, someone explain why Harbaugh has the offense take a knee and run out the clock to take it to overtime?
    Lack of faith in Flacco is pretty much the only answer and Flacco wasn't even bad today.

Ok, I just got home. I was hoping someone could help me figure this out.

Ravens/Redskins. 4th quarter. 29 seconds left. Baltimore still has a time out.

It's always sad watching a top player languish on a bottom feeder team.
    Reminds me of Barry Sanders. He would've had every rushing record ever if he wasn't on such a crap team.

He got sick of losing all the time with the Lions and just couldn't stand to play anymore.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-12-10 at 01:54 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is this white stuff falling from the shy? I have never seen such sorcery!

Seriously though as a Texan I wish it snowed more here.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Reminds me of Barry Sanders. He would've had every rushing record ever if he wasn't on such a crap team.

He got sick of losing all the time with the Lions and just couldn't stand to play anymore.
    Yeah every time Emmitt Smith talks about his records he thanks Barry and says stuff like "If he played longer people wouldn't eve talk about me". I think they're actually pretty good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    What is this white stuff falling from the shy? I have never seen such sorcery!

Seriously though as a Texan I wish it snowed more here.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:41 AM ----------

Yeah every time Emmitt Smith talks about his records he thanks Barry and says stuff like "If he played longer people wouldn't eve talk about me". I think they're actually pretty good friends.
    Yup, In Austin we only have 1 day of the year when it may snow and pretty much everything else other than rain.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Shumur could get fired. That would be a good capper.
    3 or 4 weeks ago, I'd have agreed with this statement; lately however, I'm not so sure... still a lot of room to improve, but look at the way Greg Little has gotten over his case of Braylon Edwards-ness, Weeden's getting better at not being completely braindead with badly-planned passes into triple coverage, Josh Gordon continues to produce, even a hobbled Trent Richardson is making strides...

I'm not quite saying "keep Shurmur" just yet, but it's starting to look more like he keeps his job at least one more year...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    it snowed once when I was in 3rd grade

10+ Year Old Account
    So people are calling for Whisenhunt's head.

I dunno what to say. All I know is if they are looking for a QB, we pretty much tied one on a string and put him in front of them. If we could somehow get a good draft pick and steal Manti Te'o this defense would be so scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whisenhunt is a dead duck, he was sposed to be an offensive side of the ball guy, but he hasn't managed to find a QB since they lost Warner

they somehow managed to be much much worse than last week, and last week they were horrifying, new head coach, new first round QB, that's the conventional way these things are handled, better than having the new guy learn the offensive system of a lame duck head coach like what happened to Gabbert, it's worked for the Colts to just go complete upheaval rather than limp along

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Whisenhunt is a dead duck, he was sposed to be an offensive side of the ball guy, but he hasn't managed to find a QB since they lost Warner

they somehow managed to be much much worse than last week, and last week they were horrifying, new head coach, new first round QB, that's the conventional way these things are handled, better than having the new guy learn the offensive system of a lame duck head coach like what happened to Gabbert, it's worked for the Colts to just go complete upheaval rather than limp along
    A first round QB in this shitty draft class for QBs? Raising a rookie QB when you have a HoF bound receiver at or near his peak?

It doesn't seem wise. I mean, yeah the cards have been fucked on free agency... but this QB class I honestly think will be a huge flop, and if they don't do SOMETHING about the QB position there will be people with torches and pitchforks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    A first round QB in this shitty draft class for QBs? Raising a rookie QB when you have a HoF bound receiver at or near his peak?

It doesn't seem wise. I mean, yeah the cards have been fucked on free agency... but this QB class I honestly think will be a huge flop, and if they don't do SOMETHING about the QB position there will be people with torches and pitchforks.
    the alternative is combing the meager free-agency class for the next Kevin Kolb, maybe they can sign Vick, he seems durable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So people are calling for Whisenhunt's head.

I dunno what to say. All I know is if they are looking for a QB, we pretty much tied one on a string and put him in front of them. If we could somehow get a good draft pick and steal Manti Te'o this defense would be so scary.
    Shhhhhh .... I want him to somehow magically fall low enough for the Ravens to take him. :P
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shhhhhh .... I want him to somehow magically fall low enough for the Ravens to take him. :P
    Yeah that's not going to happen lol. Detroit needs to tank some more so they can pick him up I know its one of the few teams with a crappy record that doesn't need a QB Carolina goes in there to same with the Rams.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Yeah that's not going to happen lol. Detroit needs to tank some more so they can pick him up I know its one of the few teams with a crappy record that doesn't need a QB Carolina goes in there to same with the Rams.
    The Lions can't completely tank now. We actually have something to play for over the next couple weeks, ruining the Bears season and throwing the ball to Megatron for another 303 yards lol. Thats about it. Right now the Lions are looking at picking anywhere from 5-12 or so (BTW 10 teams have 4 or 5 wins, wtf league wide terribleness). Unless they trade up there is no way they can get Te'o without trading up. We can get an OT from TAMU or Bama though which would be just super and should be the reason we try to tank for that 5th spot if beating the Bears wouldn't fuck their season over.

Speaking of the Lions, 22 years in a row without beating Green Bay in Green Bay. Fucking pathetic. I was THREE the last time the Lions won on the road against the Packers. I hate the Lions.

Edit: Okay apparently that isn't true. Mock drafts I am looking at have Te'o going from 7-9 to various teams. That seems stupidly low but well in range for the Lions. Hopefully if they do get him they can trade back into the late first round and snag Barrett Jones to shore up the line.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-10 at 02:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone make Ponder disappear, preferably the mob..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

Whisenhunt deserves it. He sent Leinart to the Texans 2 years ago thinking he could rely on Derek Fucking Anderson to win games. Say what you want about Leinart, but he is miles ahead of the John Skelton/Derek Anderson/Ryan Lindley mess we've seen since then. He managed to get Kolb, but Kolb hasn't even played a full season for the Cards in the 2 years he's been here. That one's not Wiz's fault but if you're gonna move on from Kolb, you need to move on from Wiz too.

And this is coming from someone who really, really likes Whisenhunt. Put him with a good quarterback and he'll take a team back to the Super Bowl. But the guy fucked over the Cards because he couldn't handle coaching Leinart and ever since then it's been a miserable ride.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Someone make Ponder disappear, preferably the mob..
    Stop winning games and then the Vikes could draft a QB with a high pick. I don't know about Ponder though. Yes he makes some downright stupid decisions once or twice per game. But he is showing improvement. He is substantially better this season than last year. The Vikings O-line is mediocre at best and their receiving corp is laughable. Their best receiver is Harvin. He put up 677 yards so far this year but only in 9 games because he can't stay healthy. Their next two best receivers have 265 and 317 yards less than Harvin. They are just a bad, bad team at so many positions except for running back that I think it may be a bit hasty to want to kill off Ponder. Who are they going to replace him with? Geno Smith and Matt Barkley don't inspire any sort of confidence (yet one of those two is likely to go #1 overall barring KC/Jacksonville trading back. hell they could go 1 and 2). The free agent market is going to be Alex Smith, Mike Vick, Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, etc. Any of those guys inspire confidence? Alex Smith would be an upgrade, but a fairly minor one outside of him correcting the boneheaded mistakes issue.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the top 5 QB's coming out of college atm I mean Rookies are doing good this year so who knows.