Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Are LFR queue times getting longer post-patch?

Since the patch, I've noticed LFR queues getting very long - often about 40 mins as an EU dps. It feels longer than before the patch - where 20 mins seemed like a more common duration. Maybe I am just perceiving things incorrectly - are others experiencing this? I know it varies by time of day. But I used to think LFR was a fun way to earn VPs, but now the queues mean it would be much more time efficient to do daily heroics, daily scenarios or even daily quests.

If it's right, I wonder what's going on:

(a) Healer shortage seems more acute now - it's often prolonged periods showing 2/2 tanks 17/17 dps and X/6 healers where X is 4 or less. Maybe the healers have geared up and so running offspec? I know that for me now, there's nothing in LFR worth queuing in my main spec for and I haven't even raided significantly.

(b) Not showing the progression of the LFR may be prolonging queues: I used to take partial LFRs, knowing I'd get priority later for fresh runs but I know a lot of people routinely declined them (either they did not know about the priority on fresh runs inducement or just really hated partial runs, maybe fearing they were failing runs). That probably got me in faster pre-patch than sharing queue times with everyone post-patch.

(c) More people meeting the item level requirement for instances - I guess this should just lead to more LFR raids rather than longer queues, but maybe not if the extra people are disproportionately dps rather than healers. (I know at the start of LFR there seemed to be a disproportionately high amount of tanks queuing, as tanks can often gear up quick and are expected to.)

Queues will get longer as fewer people need stuffs. Alts and latecomers will offset that somewhat, eventually it will stabilize. I find the quickest queues are on Tuesday, the earlier the better.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed much difference, except they progressively get longer as the week goes by since most raiders try to do them Tues/Weds and there aren't many people left to queue by the weekend.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Also Onyxia deep breaths more often.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    (b) Not showing the progression of the LFR may be prolonging queues: I used to take partial LFRs, knowing I'd get priority later for fresh runs but I know a lot of people routinely declined them (either they did not know about the priority on fresh runs inducement or just really hated partial runs, maybe fearing they were failing runs). That probably got me in faster pre-patch than sharing queue times with everyone post-patch.
    I think this is a cause; also keep in mind many people would have liked partial runs. Let's say I do an LFR and clear 2/3, but either the group fails or falls apart or I have to leave at the third boss. I would like to queue and get the partial run into the third boss to finish the LFR, but post-patch, instead of doing 2 bosses over again (for nothing) and potentially risking the group falling apart again at the third boss, I will probably just say "fuck it" and not queue again.

Have many people doing this, and there's your long queue.

Que times will improve when people need 28g per kill again.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I think this is a cause; also keep in mind many people would have liked partial runs. Let's say I do an LFR and clear 2/3, but either the group fails or falls apart or I have to leave at the third boss. I would like to queue and get the partial run into the third boss to finish the LFR, but post-patch, instead of doing 2 bosses over again (for nothing) and potentially risking the group falling apart again at the third boss, I will probably just say "fuck it" and not queue again.

id rather have fresh runs CBA with 2 bosses down and then havering to requeue for the 1st 2...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    id rather have fresh runs CBA with 2 bosses down and then havering to requeue for the 1st 2...
    It all depends on what I'm in there for. If the boss has something I need, then yes, I might want the boss. Typically, I'm in it for the 90 VP and having to do 1 boss vs 3 bosses makes my day since the VP is tied to completing the run (i.e. killing the last boss).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

28 mins for me on sun - mon
    ~5-10 mins around tues-wed

msv has significantly shorter queue times maybe its due to the lower ilvl restriction n not everyone could queue for terrace and heart

i do notice that the queue time is waaaaaay longer after patch ,
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2012-12-10 at 07:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed a big difference. There only used to be long queues on Monday(sometimes)/Tuesday. But now, even on Friday already the queues are 30/40mins. Especially Heart of Fear where queues around 45mins are becomming common.

57 min que on terrace, WTF?

They should either incentivise healers (dungeon bags maybe), allow DPS to heal while gearing their DPS spec or reduce the number of healers needed for LFR.

That or go around to random players' houses every day and hit them in the kneecaps with a crowbar until they roll a damn healer.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

Pretty sure you don't ever have to leave. Even if you're the only person who doesn't quit you can keep queueing and finish your run, it's no slower than queueing from scratch. Probably faster in fact.

The only really crap part is that even if you port out you're still in a raid group I think, so you can't quest while waiting. They really need to remove that antiquated can't-quest-in-raid-group mechanic.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-12-13 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    57 min que on terrace, WTF?
    Lots of people still haven't hit 470 item level yet, and a lot of those who has no longer need anything in there. I no longer need anything from any of the LFR, which I'm rather happy about. Since I don't have any alt either I will never set my foot in one of those again. =)

I've foreseen this since beta. It's a natural side effect of having the player pool split between 5 LFR wings. I remember when I'd queue late night in DS LFR and there'd literally be no healers in the pool when some left. Having 5 wings of LFR really thins it out further during regular times. It'll only get worse for players progressing thru T14 LFR when T15 LFR comes out. Blizzard intends for players to progress through them to gear up instead of making them obsolete with 5 mans every tier. T15 should be about 3 wings, maybe 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't noticed a changed. If I queue with a friend tank as tanks we get queues ranging from 30 mins to 2 hours. If we queue as DPS we get around 10-45 mins. Hasn't changed much for me. If anyone is interested, I'm doing LFR on random days, the queue times are same for me on all days...

10+ Year Old Account
    They should allow healers to choose whether to get items from the DPS or the healing pool. This solves the issue instantly.

Why? Raiding healers get items from their raiding groups and use LFR to gear a DPS offspec. There are very few non-raiding healers, as healing LFR is incredibly boring.

If I can choose to gear my offspec by queuing as a healer I'll do it for sure because of the instant queues. And since I won't be alone in this, the queue times will shorten at least 3-4 times for DPS as well.
    Last edited by Leanne; 2012-12-13 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    They should allow healers to choose whether to get items from the DPS or the healing pool. This solves the issue instantly.

Why? Raiding healers get items from their raiding groups and use LFR to gear a DPS offspec. There are very few non-raiding healers, as healing LFR is incredibly boring.

If I can choose to gear my offspec by queuing as a healer I'll do it for sure because of the instant queues. And since I won't be alone in this, the queue times will shorten at least 3-4 times for DPS as well.
    I think this is part of the problem as well

I don't need any healing gear at all apart from Shoulder Tier Token which I can win as DPS, so I am now compounding the problem by q'ing up as DPS.

I think they should offer this option to everyone tbh (Tanks should be able to choose DPS gear).

I might always q as healer if we got a LFD bag though!

The loot and queue systems are both pretty screwed up right now. The loot system bans using the tool to gear an off-spec while still contributing to the raid in your main spec. So once you've got your MS geared beyond what LFR provides. And the queue system is the worst of all possible worlds, forcing people into horrible runs to kill meaningless bosses that they can't loot just in the hope of getting to the one boss they do need.

Some system of compensation needs to be added for people who reenter the queue and get stuck with a fresh run when they've already killed 2/3 bosses. Something like valor or goody-bags - if LFR were as efficient a means of gaining valor as dungeons or scenarios, or if they got a stack of herbs or ore or a few potions or the like, people might stick around.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    queue times will always get longer, since the raiders will stop needing stuff. for example, the second i get the weapon from terrace, i wont be running LFR anymore. although i will then start running it on my healer alt, so that might actually shorten queue times.... but thats not the point

I think they should add the CTA system to LFR, and/or allow hybrids to win items for offspec if they've chosen multiple roles to queue as.