Poll: Do you want Thrall back as Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    know me do you? Thats funny since I can guarantee we've never meet once irl and you assume you know me based purely on forum posts. Well since you think that I must know you to because of the same reason.

Don't try it.
    We know you are gay, like Thrall and color green and you watch South Park and High School musical.

Just from your posts.

I would rather they pick anyone over 'Thrall part 2'. Thrall had his time, he had his story, and he left us bored and wanting change. Going back to him would be nothing more than "Status Quo Is God" trope garbage. An easy out.

Thrall in this medium is not an orc. He doesn't behave like an orc. He doesn't think like an orc. Thrall for all intents and purposes is a green skinned human for people who want to go against character and roll Horde when they really identify with alliance. In no previous entries of the Warcraft series have orcs been rational, peaceful, calm beings. They've always been proud, stubborn, aggressive people. Even after their Warcraft 3 'reimagining'.

I always picked Horde in Warcraft because I loved their modus operandi. They fought war for the sport of it and didn't let little niceties like collateral damage get in their way. Trolls were brutal and barbaric, Orcs were proud and followed their warchief without hesitation, and goblins just wanted to watch the world burn.

However, to make the 'ugly' races appeal to the common player, they had to humanize them. Now, taurens are all wise old Native American sages. Orcs are misunderstood, persecuted shaman fighting their past 'sins', trolls are laid back Jamaican stereotypes, and goblins are mischievous shysters. The only race that resembles what it was before are the Forsaken. They're pragmatism to the core and are therefore 'evil' to those who want to play as the 'other' Alliance.

I for one don't want to be accepted. I do not seek approval from races and beings who don't care if I live or die. I don't give a rip about the 'image' I give off to people who would let me and my people starve to death in a desert as long as I stayed out of sight and away from any useful resources.

That's why I liked Garrosh. Not because he's 'evil' or because I think he's 'cool'. But, because he reacts as a true leader would when confronted by a planet full of people who are indifferent to the suffering of the orcs, but are more than ready to kill them should they 'get out of line'. Thrall would hold a peace banquet and beg the Alliance for any scraps they feel generous enough to share. Garrosh holds them by the throat and demands, giving them the choice to acquiesce or perish. Thrall spent years accomplishing nothing but adding a few friends to his circle while he ignored the plight of his people.

If they need to bring in a warchief, make it someone that actually behaves like an orc. Not a green skinned human that some socially awkward goof can identify with while they pretend to be an anti-hero. But an honest to god, proud and defiant orc.

I'd like Gorrosh from Wrath or Cata to lead the Horde. He was the perfect leader for the Horde. Never showed fear or backed down from a fight. Was always the first one into combat. Remember him charging the beaches at twilight highlands? He was a true leader of the horde till blizzard couldn't think of a real antagonist for panda land.

10+ Year Old Account
    know me do you? Thats funny since I can guarantee we've never meet once irl and you assume you know me based purely on forum posts. Well since you think that I must know you to because of the same reason.

Don't try it.
    love it how you just pick that point and not what comes after it. but yea this is offtopic.

No Tusk Club.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is the only viable candidate when blizz get rid of Garrosh. (I still to this day wonder why the hell they spoiled the ending of the MoP story before the game was even released) I'll be damned before I see anyone else take the title and I sure as shit wouldn't have Vol'Jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I want pre-Cata Thrall back. But we all know this is never going to happen. The most likely candidates for the new warchief (and there WILL be one), is either Vol'jin or Baine Bloodhoof. Of course Blizzard could pick the fruity blood elf guy, but I doubt that. Prince Gallywix for Warchief! No no. I know! The Huojin faction guy from the Wandering Isle, Ji Firepaw: Warchief. Only one choice seems to make sense to maintain a feeling of opposition, although that person may be killed in the tier of raiding after we kill Garrosh.... Sylvanas! Perfect warchief. Cruel, heartless, backstabbingly disobedient. Sylvanas Windrunner it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    We know you are gay, like Thrall and color green and you watch South Park and High School musical.

Just from your posts.
    my favorite color's blue, I've never watched high school musical, and your quite gullible pal. But lets not derail this any further then it has done.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    love it how you just pick that point and not what comes after it. but yea this is offtopic.
    You didn't make much of a point so its hard to comment on it. Still, c'est la vie.
    #boycottchina

I LOVE Thrall. His Horde was why I wanted to be a part of it. But, I think what he's doing as Go'el is more important now.

I fking hate Garrosh. I can't wait to kill him. We need a new Warchief. The Horde needs to be amazing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I think it shouldn't be Thrall. The warchief really needs to be more of a warrior type (especially if Blizz wants to continue pushing the horde vs alliance war so hard like they are in MoP), and Thrall has kinda moved away from being a warrior type. I would like to see him have some important role though. He should be a sort of very respected advisor to whoever ends up becoming the new warchief (sorta like what Drek'thar was to Thrall).

Saurfang would make an awesome warchief just because of the fact that he is a total badass, but his personality in game kinda makes me think he likes to keep things simple and wouldn't really want the job. I dunno. Maybe it could be someone completely new we haven't even heard of yet. Or even someone who is not an Orc. A Tauren warchief would be kind of awesome. This also means Thunder Bluff would become the new "main city" for the horde, which would also be awesome.
    A warrior type would be useless for the horde in the future because down road the war will come to a standstill when the burning legion come barrowing down the horde and alliance's ass because the only way to deal with them is to broker a ceasefire between the horde and alliance a but if that warrior has a balance of warrior and wisdow (Thrall or somebody who isn't a brainless killing machine like Garrosh) to take the reins
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2012-12-10 at 09:09 PM. Reason: something was missing

If he came back he would be Go'el. They're not going to hurl the character development that got him that name out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Thrall is the only viable candidate when blizz get rid of Garrosh. (I still to this day wonder why the hell they spoiled the ending of the MoP story before the game was even released) I'll be damned before I see anyone else take the title and I sure as shit wouldn't have Vol'Jin.
    They spoiled it for two reasons. First, the Horde storyline depicts the faction breaking up and turning baldly evil, and there are a lot of Horde players who would look at this and just plain quit if they didn't know what the endgame was. Second, they wanted to shut up the people who were obsessing over how there was no "main villain" they could build up to ludicrous heights and be disappointed over when they actually fought him.

The players - that's us - cannot handle being told a story over time.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2012-12-10 at 09:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I would rather the opposite, him pay for war crimes putting a leader in charge that could have ended up killing the horde. I am not gonna let it slide that he totally failed at picking a leader of the Horde when the obvious leader should have been Cairne or Saurfang.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Baine or Vol'jin, its time to let rest this old bullshit "orcs vs humans". This world should go further, peace should be with Alliance and Horde and together we should repel Sargeras from Azeroth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    same.

I whole sale want Thrall as Warchief if the other options were Baine and Voljin
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I would like to see change, a non orc for Warchief would be really interesting with Nazgrim representing the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    No, I would rather the opposite, him pay for war crimes putting a leader in charge that could have ended up killing the horde. I am not gonna let it slide that he totally failed at picking a leader of the Horde when the obvious leader should have been Cairne or Saurfang.
    Those decisions came from the writers giving to much credence to the obnoxious fanbase who kept pining for war war war war war.

It lead to lore characters making moronic and out of character decisions, its not just Thrall. Jaina and Tyrande have suffered the same because the playerbase bitch about the lore, and yet can't let anything develop over time. The very reason Garrosh became what he is came down to that same player base gripping for more war war war.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I would like to see change, a non orc for Warchief would be really interesting with Nazgrim representing the orcs.
    Nazgrims to much of a tool. There is no point having another moronic warrior leading the orcs when its obvious it failed to lead them in a good direction. 3 warrior warchiefs, and its never done any good.
    #boycottchina

Nazgrims to much of a tool. There is no point having another moronic warrior leading the orcs when its obvious it failed to lead them in a good direction. 3 warrior warchiefs, and its never done any good.
    If said warrior isn't in charge of everything it could well work out this time ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Thrall the wuss,nope.
    Saurfang next
    How can Thrall be a wuss when he faced the second man of the burning legion and hurt him?

He can be bad decision taker,hypocrite but he is not a wuss.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    and Nazgrims a tool why?
    Because he is a warrior?

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am not gonna let it slide that he totally failed at picking a leader of the Horde when the obvious leader should have been Cairne or Saurfang.
    picking Suarfang or Cairne at that time would have had their own set of problems

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:32 PM ----------

Those decisions came from the writers giving to much credence to the obnoxious fanbase who kept pining for war war war war war.
    and War is bad why?
    We have been at war for nearly every waking moment on Azeroth
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Thrall is a boring character, since his plots have been done already.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

No, I want either Saurfang or Rexxar.