Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just killed razuvious first try as fury with about 484 gear. nothing special..just save cds for when u get low and dps him hard. brutalus= dpsgear+prot and delaying cooldowns as much as possible.
    vashj is easiest just in prot spec, because u dont really have to worry about her getting to 99 stacks. jsut be careful in p3 because she hits hard that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    If you want to try it in the future:
    - specc second wind
    - use defensive stance
    - unequip gear
    - equip gear
    - hit the first 3 mobs but don't kill them
    - use Razorgore to kill eggs, 'destroy egg' cast has no cooldown any longer
    - place Razorgore at the other end of the room
    - when channel is finished clear the room of most adds (they die rather quickly with level 90, specc doesn't matter)
    - drop a mocking banner and restart channeling, clear the remaining eggs
    - kill boss
    - loot

I did it at 85 with prot and blood craze specc, it was rather tough but today you can make a LOT of errors and still be fine - no hassle with recontrolling over and over, all eggs will be gone after 2 channels.
    Don't make it too complicated ^^

It's enough to kill the 3 mobs and start destroying eggs. Use the skill next to destroy egg to cc the dragon adds. It's instant with a short cd, puts them to sleep for 30 secs and doesn't have a target limitation like player ccs. When the first channeling ends use dragon roar or bladestorm to kill the adds attacking you and start channeling again. All eggs should be kaput before the 2nd channeling ends. "Complicated" gear swapping is not required.

15+ Year Old Account
    plus second wind is not really useful, since after two channels when razorgore died due to too much adds on him, I was at like 95%? of health. I thought about this:

kill three adds, start channeling. start killing eggs. when first channel is done, dragon roar + WW to kill adds hitting me, then bandage to focus adds from boss back to you, and second channel. but I'm too lazy for this, so I just ask one buddy "hey do you mind killing razorgore? takes 5 mins" - "ok, give me an inv". then I 2 man him, and do the rest alone. or he can even go with me, as long as he doesn't need the ashkandi, CTS, maladath or the shield when it drops - which are the only reasons I go bwl. + the pets. little chromaggus is too fucking cute to skip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Yeah, I figured out OS103D shortly after I posted that - I forgot that Tenebron (or whatever the first drake is) enrages once Sartharion hits a certain percentage - easy enough once I popped Defensive + Banner --> Rallying + Die by the Sword. Went down like a bitch.

Me and a paladin friend of mine did it on 25 a few days ago.

So, finally, everything in classic is entirely soloable. Thank Christ, there's so many things from BWL that both my paladin and warrior needed.

Working on Brutallus, but I just think my gear isn't good enough. Getting him into the teens before Meteor Slash is too much. Only 374, still using shitty blue heroic weapons because Shin'ka/Starshatter/Elegion do NOT exist, apparently.

She's quite simple, I did her as Fury 3-4 weeks ago - just make sure you...

1. Have a macro to target tainted elementals asap
    1. a. Save Heroic Leap and/or charge to quickly get to them.
    2. For the love of god, save Berserker Rage only when Striders are up, or be able to 1-2 shot them...the fear gives Vashj time for 2-3 more stacks and that shit adds up.

Edit: Ooh, ooh

Does anyone have any tips for Razuvius? I got him to about 18% as Fury, but that was with stupid as shit kiting and crazy tricks. I guess I gotta man up and just do it as Prot?
    For Razuvius, on 10 I did it as prot, but my ilvl was probably a bit higher than yours. I did 25 man as prot and it was that difficult so I'd imagine that on 10 it'd be quite easy (my gear as prot is terrible, I have a questing shield and about 7 tank pieces).

For Brutallus, I managed it as fury with about your ilvl, but it was very tough. Probably, as others have suggested, prot with fury gear would work fine.

For Lady Vashj, I was terrible at killing the tainted elementals so she got to 99 stacks and it was doable as fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    plus second wind is not really useful, since after two channels when razorgore died due to too much adds on him, I was at like 95%? of health. I thought about this:

Just unequip your gear, equip it, start the fight. Enough mobs will aggro on you to start procing Second Wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    snip
    Very late reply is very late:

1. Wasn't trying to suggest Kael could only be killed as Prot; he was doable as Fury back in Cata as well as Prot. Prot for me is just the lazy mode for the fight, which I like. The stamina trinket is mostly for people that are in weak dungeon/quest gear, as the flamestrike can hit pretty hard (100k-125k), which followed by a 20k fireball might kill a low health person. Obviously as gear gets better, there's no need to use a sta trinket.

2. Agree about the RoS thing; I just never updated my comment about it. Still duo BT since a MH warglaive is worthless to me.

3. By single boss raids I meant raids with just one boss (EoE, Onyxia). Could also do OS3D I imagine but since I already have 10 and 25 drakes, I don't bother with OS. RS Halion is the same problem as Kalec in Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius View Post
    Anyone solo GLUTH 25? I'm having issues trying to solo him, he keeps getting healed and I don't know how to counter his healing in damage.
    Gluth gets healed everytime he eats a zombie. You either have to be able to 1-2 shot every zombie, or account for the extra dps you need for every zombie he eats. Also have to be able to kill him before you reach 8-10 stacks of his debuff I imagine.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:07 PM ----------

Now I remember what I wanted to ask: Has anyone found a way to deal magic damage to Vek'lor such that he actually drops loot? Killed Twins last week. Used one of those landmines you sometimes get from Blingtron since it deals fire damage but even though combat log registered Vek'lor taking damage, he didn't drop loot for me. Could test if Elemental Force proc will work but would rather wait to see if someone else has figured out a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Very late reply is very late:

1. Wasn't trying to suggest Kael could only be killed as Prot; he was doable as Fury back in Cata as well as Prot. Prot for me is just the lazy mode for the fight, which I like. The stamina trinket is mostly for people that are in weak dungeon/quest gear, as the flamestrike can hit pretty hard (100k-125k), which followed by a 20k fireball might kill a low health person. Obviously as gear gets better, there's no need to use a sta trinket.
    I did it in Arm spec with an ilvl <460. That's why I thought a stamina trinket might be useless. But yeah, that is a good advice is someone has a eally low gear.

3. By single boss raids I meant raids with just one boss (EoE, Onyxia). Could also do OS3D I imagine but since I already have 10 and 25 drakes, I don't bother with OS. RS Halion is the same problem as Kalec in Sunwell.
    As I said above, except for Valithria, every wotlk boss is doable in 10HM. (Well, I haven't tried Algalon, Archavon, Emalon, Koralon, Sartharion and Hallion yet. But I should try them soon. Hallion 10HM should be hard.)
    Also, many cataclysm's boss are doable too.

Now I remember what I wanted to ask: Has anyone found a way to deal magic damage to Vek'lor such that he actually drops loot? Killed Twins last week. Used one of those landmines you sometimes get from Blingtron since it deals fire damage but even though combat log registered Vek'lor taking damage, he didn't drop loot for me. Could test if Elemental Force proc will work but would rather wait to see if someone else has figured out a way.
    Never tried. I'd guess you could use the same weapon that the one you use on Viscidus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    I just killed razuvious first try as fury with about 484 gear. nothing special..just save cds for when u get low and dps him hard.
    Lord...I picked up LFR Shin'ka last night and immediately upgraded it ilevel 491.

Razuvious fell over before my heartbeat even started to increase

Who would've thought a 28 itemlevel weapon upgrade would have done the trick!?

In the following days (and weeks?) I plan to fraps "everything". Trying to kill every boss in the hardest mode possible and in dps spec when possible. I'd like to make some kind of "This is the current state of what a warrior can solo." I'm not sure my gear will allow me to do everything I'd like (Lana'thel 10HM, Alysrazor 10HM and some Cataclysm bosses I'm not that far to kill but I need to gear up a bit before.)

Right now, I've frapsed some things but I realized the video quality is not good enough. Nor is my gameplay; I'm not the best player ever but I'd like to show something 'clean'. Atm, I'm not really proud of what I'v recorded. :/

Anyway, I uploaded some videos I took last week. No editing, no sound, they're not meant to stay on YouTube, it was just to answer to some questions asked on this thread.

Ignis 25 in dps spec: http://youtu.be/DKl6lOeh1KI
    Basically, you just have to follow the strat. (Yeah, I don't play Fury really well, I spec'd Fury two weeks ago. That's one of the reason I want to re-record things.)

Saurfang 10HM without 2p T13: http://youtu.be/x-eNUvg83H0
    Well, nothing really hard. Some stupid mistakes, my last kill was 36 seconds faster.

Yor'sahj 10NM: http://youtu.be/WM--wDlM0sM
    First try (well, second try, the first try was a "Hey, waht happens if I pull the boss without cleaning the room?"), not buffed, many mistakes (mainly a very bad SB management in purple phases). But, eh, seems this boss is not that hard.

Well, I can confirm that Elemental Force will not proc on Vek'lor. I guess it won't proc if you can't deal damage to him. Should have brought my Sulfuras/Shadowmourne or just mailed a Brunnhildur weapon to see if the frost proc will cause loot to drop, but if the fire damage landmine didn't do the trick, dunno what else to do to try and get loot from Vek'lor.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-13 at 10:57 PM.

No'kaled? Trying to kill them as prot warrior with 2p T12?

No'kaled? Trying to kill them as prot warrior with 2p T12?
    No'kaled may work, but I doubt 2p T12 would considering I have to actually damage veklor before fire gets added. Will be something to try out after I get that weapon again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soloed Lazy Eye in Well of Eternity while trying to get the axe, he starts hitting REALLY HARD at the end cause of the berserk, and the stacking debuff. Just Heroic Leap when you need to to avoid the eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

For the twins, the Pandashan's trinket (the JP one, with a /use which inflicts fire damage) might work.

I am failing really hard at brutallus. Best try got him to 18%

I am prot with full DPS gear, I have an average of 34k DPS on him but I just can't survive, last try ended at 3mins. I am using shiled barrier at every meteor slash but just drop. I am far from a great warrior tank so am I missing something?

I try to keep him debuffed as much as possible while pushing DPS. Any tips would be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any luck with Twin Emperors yet - as in, finding a way to damage the melee-immune dude?

I already killed them this week, or else I'd try out the Frost Damage axe from Storm Peaks. Would be great to get an update if No'Kaled works.

Deleted
    Just dps vek'nilash,they share hp so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    Just dps vek'nilash,they share hp so.
    Yes...but if you would have read the rest of the thread, you'd realize that unless you damage Vek'lor, Vek'lor doesn't drop any loot. I'm looking for a way to damage him once so he actually drops shit.

Deleted
    Killed Halfus 10 man normal earlier on this evening. Prot spec not great gear. Ilvl 474. Just below 7.5 hit/exp. hit the enrage but managed to survive long enough with CD's to kill him

For the twins, the Pandashan's trinket (the JP one, with a /use which inflicts fire damage) might work.
    Could work. Hope to hear someone that's tested it during this lockout.

Things that could work for dealing magic damage to Vek'lor to ensure loot:

1. Shado-pan trinket
    2. Shadowmourne 10 stack shadow burst (CONFIRMED)
    3. No'kalad, the Elements of Death proc
    4. Souldrinker proc
    5. DPS T12 2 set
    6. Sulfuras, the Hand of Ragnaros (legendary, no the Firelands drop. Referring to the Fireball proc)

Things that don't (TESTED):

1. Weapon enchants (they require you to deal damage to proc)
    2. G-91 Landshark (even though it registers magic damage, Vek'lor did not drop loot. I assume all other mines/bombs will have the same problem)
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-27 at 03:56 PM.