Wind Lord Mel'jarak heroic

Somebody on here mentioned some time ago that legendary daggers can be used to cheese damage on Wind Lord as assassination; is that still true? I mean... I know you will be aoeing a lot during the fight with constant adds and it'll give you a lot of stacks through fok, but will the higher envenom uptime surpass the weapon damage lost? I've been pondering whether or not it's worth the effort to try, has anyone any evidence or tried this themselves with upgraded enchants?

That sounds bizarrely plausible. I remember at the start of the xpac they were supposed to have changed the daggers to proc less at higher levels, but just tossing them on a week ago got me 30 stacks in 25 seconds. Interesting stuff, if it really is viable on Wind Lord Heroic. (I don't think it is though)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Legendaries typically have a severely reduced proc chance when you out level them, for a start.

I know the proc was reduced for higher level... but just testing it on single target even, the proc is fairly good, so I was wondering how it'd fair on a complete aoe fight where you'd be getting loads of procs. If anyone has any concrete evidence of it being good or bad would be nice, it just perked my interest given assassinations damage is mostly from poison and keeping that envenom buff up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderofmaken View Post
    Somebody on here mentioned some time ago that legendary daggers can be used to cheese damage on Wind Lord as assassination; is that still true? I mean... I know you will be aoeing a lot during the fight with constant adds and it'll give you a lot of stacks through fok, but will the higher envenom uptime surpass the weapon damage lost? I've been pondering whether or not it's worth the effort to try, has anyone any evidence or tried this themselves with upgraded enchants?
    Envenom uptime < CT spam on the respawning adds on heroic. You'll lose boss DPS during the non-burn phases (from AA), but if AoE is the bigger challenge for your group, it's entirely possible to do, especially if you have crap luck for your weapons. One of the top logs on 25 some time back was actually using the legendaries.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-12-12 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    When last add die, Vanish -> Switch to normal wep -> dps the boss as normal
    Tested it on LFR and it worked.

To me it did about the same damage as when i go with normal weps but with alot more to focus on and more possibility to fail.
    But still, it was 20 sec between the CT-Spamms.
    They propably lowered the proc chance but if you are poisining 7 adds that will still proc alllll the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    When last add die, Vanish -> Switch to normal wep -> dps the boss as normal
    Tested it on LFR and it worked.
    What switching weapons has to do with vanish, may i ask?

you dont need to vanish to switch weapons
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I tried doing this on our first kill, but the attempt i actually tried it on, we killed it and it wasn't a very clean kill for me (CDs did not line up well with the burn phase, the one time they did i got prisoned and tank was slow to break me out), so its hard to tell if it was a dps increase or not. For the short time I was using it, my dps was not significantly different, but again I only had the one attempt to test it on, and I've been combat for every kill since, so haven't gone back to it. I do know that it was a fairly hefty trade off of weapon damage and a large chunk of Agi from both my sha gem and my dancing steel enchant that I was too cheap to slap on my old daggers (does it even work with the legendaries ilvl? idk)

Again, not sure if it is actually a damage increase, but if it were, you'd be better off using the proc to rupture your current target (if it doesn't have rupture, if it does, envenom), then tabbing to another and CT as a way to redirect your 5 CPs to the new target in order to rupture again.. rinse repeat. If you do the fight right, the only time you're really going to be doing significant FoKs is while you're killing the first set of adds. By the time the first set of adds respawn, the 2nd set should be pretty close to dead, so the legendaries would have fairly minimal use, pretty much entirely for the first 1-2 mins of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    You'll lose a LOT of boss DPS during the burn phases.
    You can switch weapons in combat

10+ Year Old Account
    At the cost of a GCD every time you swap back, which on heroic would add up to a few switches, and a lot less auto-attack damage through the non-burn phases. I should probably go back and rephrase that. Not as huge a loss as I first thought about, and probably quite doable.

11.57% procc chance on boss targets, don't actually remember if the adds are lvl 92 or 93, but if they're 92 it's a 13.88% procc chance on those, so if they're 92 it's 0.95 stacks/FoK + auto attacks(should be meleeing an add if they're lvl 92). Rupture with 2p on 6 targets is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazius View Post
    What switching weapons has to do with vanish, may i ask?
    Vanish = reset swing timer. switching weapons = reset swing timer. If you're gonna reset your swing timer may as well get a free opener too.