Poll: Do you want Thrall back as Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Bring back the awesome Thrall from WCIII
    Go'el killed Thrall like Darth Vader killed Luke's father. There's nothing that can be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Go'el killed Thrall like Darth Vader killed Luke's father. There's nothing that can be done.

Go'El didn't do anything. He just took the limelight. I don't see Thrall becoming Warchief. As for returning to the Horde? Yeah he will and be in a high position, but not Warchief.

It will be.........

BASIC CAMPFIRE!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No, enough with Thrall. I like him where he is - semi-neutral leader of Earthen Ring. Time to write some new and interesting characters. Frankly, it feels like Pandaria has better fleshed out characters than all the old content combined.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

My main negative reaction to Nazgrim is that so far I haven't gone out on a mission with the guy that he hasn't managed to wreck a ship.

Nope. I really want either Vol'jin or Baine.

Deleted
    No way. Thrall would be the most boring option ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    No, enough with Thrall. I like him where he is - semi-neutral leader of Earthen Ring. Time to write some new and interesting characters. Frankly, it feels like Pandaria has better fleshed out characters than all the old content combined.

People hated him as that. Lucky for us he's going back to the Horde.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Methinks Saurfang the Cleaver should run for Warchief.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

I honestly cannot think of any one person fit to run the Horde into anything but the ground at the moment. Thrall's guts have been liquefied with the onset of fatherhood (yeah this is the one guy who kept the Maelstrom at bay and he can't take out some guards in the Echo Isles).

As much as I love taurens leading with Baine and Dezco at the helm, they're not exactly material to lead the Horde on a whole.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    My main negative reaction to Nazgrim is that so far I haven't gone out on a mission with the guy that he hasn't managed to wreck a ship.
    well if NPCs never screwed up then us players would have nothing to save/fix

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Frankly, it feels like Pandaria has better fleshed out characters than all the old content combined.
    well Blizzard has become a lot better in involving lore characters than they have in the past
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with Garrosh?

I've never liked the name Go'el. But I have no problem with his character arc in Cataclysm... in fact his characterisation in WoW prior to Cataclysm always made me wonder why we never re-addressed the fact he was a powerful Shaman in Warcraft III (well a Far Seer). I didn't read any of the books but in Cataclysm he seemed perfectly in keeping with his WC3 roots to me.

I don't mind if he comes back as Warchief. I also wouldn't mind a new Warchief.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It's just his birth name that his loved ones use, he doesn't even go by it (so far). In fact only Aggra seems to use it. It's not some kind of break in the character.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saear View Post
    I'd like Gorrosh from Wrath or Cata to lead the Horde. He was the perfect leader for the Horde. Never showed fear or backed down from a fight. Was always the first one into combat. Remember him charging the beaches at twilight highlands? He was a true leader of the horde till blizzard couldn't think of a real antagonist for panda land.
    Charging the beaches? I remember him sending his air defenses in a random attack on some Alliance ships he happened to spot, when he and everyone on board knew the Twilight Highlands were beseiged by Deathwing and his dragonflight - who wasted no time wiping out his entire air force. And then he got pulled out of the drink after all the fighting was over and the Dragonmaw were already ready to join the Horde.

Come on. The man has the military competence of a potato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream for life.
    Lol no doubt there. But his life sucks and will end soon.

thrall if i dont have to hear the go'el bs anymore from his baby momma.

otherwise vol'jin.

Deleted
    Well lets put it this way..

If Thrall comes back the way he is now... he will be worse than Garrosh. Ergo Alliance will prevail and completely wipe horde off of azeroth due to Thrall's wife messing up with his thoughts.

But this cant happen in world of hordecraft since we know who blizzard likes so .. lets see the other options.

If Thrall comes back to the way he was in WC3 before that female orc completely ruined him.. then there could be some hope to see good things happen ( hopefully still war ), but only with Vol'Jin helping him deciding and making big decisions because we saw that this mary sue completely screwed up in Cata ( see Garrosh ).

But .. lets see more options.

Thrall stays away from the horde, neutral as he became in cata.

Vol'jin becomes warchief.

All is good.

Lets see other options..

Horde will be so shattered after Garrosh's fail that they wont trust anymore a single Warchief so they will be lead by a council made from veteran orcs, trolls, taurens. Forsaken of course not because they are backstabbers and Blood elves will not be in azeroth anymore in the next expansion. ( this last thing may be a little biased because i dont like elves but i am 110% positive it will happen).

Hmm.. well for now i dont have more ideas .

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

But this cant happen in world of hordecraft since we know who blizzard likes so .. lets see the other options.

If Thrall comes back to the way he was in WC3 before that female orc completely ruined him.. then there could be some hope to see good things happen ( hopefully still war ), but only with Vol'Jin helping him deciding and making big decisions because we saw that this mary sue completely screwed up in Cata ( see Garrosh ).
    Why should the "Wc3 Thrall" act different? The only reason he attacked humans was because he never knew anything from Humans except bad things until Medivh convinced him to fight alongside Jaina to free Grom.

If Thrall would become Warchief in any Incarnation, he won't fight the Alliance until he gets a real serious reason.

Vol'jin becomes warchief.

All is good.
    I'd say Vol'jin is just Thrall, with the exception that he is a Troll.

Vol'jin won't fight the Alliance either until he is absolutely forced to.

Lets see other options..

Horde will be so shattered after Garrosh's fail that they wont trust anymore a single Warchief so they will be lead by a council made from veteran orcs, trolls, taurens. Forsaken of course not because they are backstabbers and Blood elves will not be in azeroth anymore in the next expansion. ( this last thing may be a little biased because i dont like elves but i am 110% positive it will happen).

"In the Horde, action and strength are valued above diplomacy, and its leaders earn respect by the blade, wasting no time with politics. "

A Council doesn't fit into this philosophy, the Huojin joined the Horde because they act quick and don't discuss any possibilities.

I know the blues tried to make it like Thrall won't return in some forum posts (or to use smoke to distract us from this!) But fact is Chris metzen did state during blizzcon that will get "our" warchief back. This means Thrall.

Thrall returns I don't care if his names go`el. The day I see him sat down on that throne with his doom hammer at his side and aggra holding the little future warchief the better so I can get my horde toon cheering

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post

This is the Thrall I think of when I hear the name. the guy who founded the Horde, and invited 99% of it's members into it.

but what of Go'el? Did Cataclysm's deification of Thrall put you off in him? Can Blizz come back from that, and make him the grounded badass he was (and is proving to be in 5.1)?

Or do you want a brand new warchief altogether?
    who cares? one horde is same as the next.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    The fanboy in me wants Saurfang, but I doubt it will happen. I want Thrall only if Aggra falls in a ditch somewhere and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The fanboy in me wants Saurfang, but I doubt it will happen. I want Thrall only if Aggra falls in a ditch somewhere and dies.
    What is wrong with Aggra? (apart from being a possible pun from a well known magic phrase!) I think its a good character development in having thrall meet her grow close to him and their having a child. It kind of brings him full circle, him having never known his parents to him being raised as a slave rises up to free his people and lead them to a brighter future setting aside his own personal desire to be a father. To him now being in a position of being a father and in a situation his father found him self in. Do I stand up against the horde (which his father did in a way and paid with his life) or step away from it all. (when you think about it its almost the SAME exact position his father and mother with an infant child and the horde taking on a very dark path that can only lead to destruction)

Clearly Thrall takes after his father and will stand up against the horde and will come back.