Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonnen View Post
    You're using WA or POWA?
    Can you share exports for buffs, cds and all stuff, Zumzumzum?
    And give us all his work ... :P

Technology is the new technique
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I have a question for you guys. I changed my main to monk so havent palyed warlock much but now i want to level him and raid as alt. However i have no idea about stat prio. Most of the sites give different stat prio but i think its Mastery>Haste>crit. Is that true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixio View Post
    I have a question for you guys. I changed my main to monk so havent palyed warlock much but now i want to level him and raid as alt. However i have no idea about stat prio. Most of the sites give different stat prio but i think its Mastery>Haste>crit. Is that true?
    I just changed my offspec to Destro to try it, so I'm not 100% sure, but from what I've read it's GoSac: Mastery>Crit>Haste and GoSup: Haste>Mastery>Crit with GoSac being the top parsing spec. Not entirely sure anymore what made haste better for GoSup though :S But since I'm main spec Affli with a decent amount of haste I've decided to just go supremacy for now untill I have gotten a better feel for the spec doing dailies and scenarios and such.

Quick question: If I have 1 second left on a buff and then cast chaos bolt (3 seconds, I think, so the buff will drop before the cast is completed) will the chaos bolt get the buff or not? (i.e. is the determination point for whether a spell is buffed determined by when the spell is starting to be cast or when he cast i finished?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I've gotten the equivalent of top 5 affliction ranks as destro on every fight but blade lord (because our healers can't keep me alive in the last phase apparently )
    Do you use the same reforge (haste>mastery) for destro spec (or change when play with destro)? I looked your armory today and I noticed that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I just changed my offspec to Destro to try it, so I'm not 100% sure, but from what I've read it's GoSac: Mastery>Crit>Haste and GoSup: Haste>Mastery>Crit with GoSac being the top parsing spec. Not entirely sure anymore what made haste better for GoSup though :S But since I'm main spec Affli with a decent amount of haste I've decided to just go supremacy for now untill I have gotten a better feel for the spec doing dailies and scenarios and such.
    Your pet does not benefit from mastery, but it does benefit from haste.

GoSac biases your damage output toward Chaos Bolt and Shadow Burn, which scale best with mastery, you reforge out of haste into mastery to cast fewer incinerates and bigger slower CBs and stronger SBs. The more reliant your dps is on Shadowburn (through Havoc+SBx3 or chain executes on short lived trash to build up embers) the stronger GoSac becomes.

GoSup leaves your damage balanced across all your spells as it had been up to level 75, and with gosac about 15~25% of your damage will come from your pet. Since your pet does not scale with mastery, mastery becomes less useful. With GoSup you cast a lot more incinerates and your CBs are faster but weaker and your SB's are just weaker. Because pets automatically follow targets and take reduced AoE damage the more movement required of the caster in an encounter the stronger GoSup becomes. Also GoSac does not benefit your AoE abilities, so when your primary damage from caster abilities are AoE (Fire and Brimstone and Rain of Fire) the damage bonus from GoSac is reduced as you use less and less CB and SB, but the damage bonus to your pet from GoSup does not change whether you are using AoE or Single target spells.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-12-10 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    Do you use the same reforge (haste>mastery) for destro spec (or change when play with destro)? I looked your armory today and I noticed that!
    I was affliction last night. I use mastery>crit>haste, but because of the gear I have my crit and haste is roughly equal, while mastery is miles ahead.

Uhumm... I tried reforge your gear to simulate, but you have a lot of haste... Even reforging all stats to mastery and crit... I have a reverse problem... Low haste! =(

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    Uhumm... I tried reforge your gear to simulate, but you have a lot of haste... Even reforging all stats to mastery and crit... I have a reverse problem... Low haste! =(
    My affliction gear has a neck with haste on it that for destro has crit/mastery, but yes, I have a fair amount of haste.

Brusalk,

I looked in WoL your perform and you usually do same or better DPS with destro (compare with Aff) in 10mH! It´s very nice!

Deleted
    Here is my video of our kill of the Protectors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXYJ6Z1YL8

This is a veeeeery fun fight as Destro, especially if you get to do the adds (which you should), because you are throwing Chaos Bolts half of the time
    I feel like the spec is pretty competitive for this encounter, very strong for killing the adds quickly and it does only marginal useless damage (with RoF) compared to a Fire mage for example.
    Some advices :
    - Take KJC and surf !
    - Always check your number of stacks before getting a new one
    - Try to do the kill shots in P1 & P2, but you probably won't have the time in P3 (I lost a lot of GCDs in the video trying to SB the adds)
    - If the adds are being destroyed in P3 anyway, you might want to switch to the Waters, as Destro is nice for bursting them quickly
    - Take the Conflagrate glyph, especially if you don't have two Affli guys slowing the adds
    - Always check your number of stacks before getting a new one, really

A nice macro to have :
    /tar Elder Asani
    /tar Elder Regail
    /tar Protector Kaolan
    /cast Havoc or Immolate
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-12-11 at 09:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Here is my video of our kill of the Protectors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXYJ6Z1YL8
    Very nice vid again. Your previous vids of HoF actually made me give up my Demo off spec for a Destro one, just to try my hand at it and see it in action. So far I'm liking it a lot, completely different from Demo & Affli. Feels faster, somehow.

Does the stat priority mentioned in the OP of this guide still correct? Seems so different from Noxxic that says Mastery > crit > haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Does the stat priority mentioned in the OP of this guide still correct? Seems so different from Noxxic that says Mastery > crit > haste
    read posts #363 and onwards on this same page for more info on the same subject.

Quick destro question

With mastery and crit being the better of the three secondary stats for GoSac locks, this creates a bit of a quandary when gearing up.
    (at least in my mind, please correct me if i'm wrong) as our tier and many of the better caster upgrades are stacked with haste. Anyone have any input on whether its better to hold off on equipping tier gear until you get the 4 piece in lieu of gear with all mastery and crit?

also for the sake of convenience anyone have a take on switching to GoSup and haste>mastery reforging to better accommodate having both destro and aff as your two specs and switching w/out too much reforging?

any thoughts appreciated. Cheers!
    Last edited by bryanmathis; 2012-12-11 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling and what not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanmathis View Post
    With mastery and crit being the better of the three secondary stats for GoSac locks, this creates a bit of a quandary when gearing up.
    (at least in my mind, please correct me if i'm wrong) as our tier and many of the better caster upgrades are stacked with haste. Anyone have any input on whether its better to hold off on equipping tier gear until you get the 4 piece in lieu of gear with all mastery and crit?

also for the sake of convenience anyone have a take on switching to GoSup and haste>mastery reforging to better accommodate having both destro and aff as your two specs and switching w/out too much reforging?

any thoughts appreciated. Cheers!
    Moved this to the place where it belonged.

Not sure what the Destro main players will say about the gearing issue, but I can comment on the spec switching issue.

I play Destro (GoSup) off spec at the moment, in Affli gear, and it works on simple stuff well enough at least, I can maintain decent DPS in scenarios/dungeons, but I'm not entirely sure it would work as well in Raids, not to the extent Zumzum and others push their DPS for certain. So you need to decide if you want to main Affli or Destro and adjust your gear to that goal OR get an entire second gear set especially for this OR spend lots of time and gold into reforging all the time. (you would most likely use the same gems (mastery), I think, so you'll have that)

10+ Year Old Account
    and that's why i am glad we don't have triple spec.

Can someone link to Zumzum's or someone similar's HoF vids? I tried to search for them and failed!

Deleted
    For mines you will find them in my sig : Zor'lok, Un'sok & Shek'zeer.

Quote Originally Posted by calanos View Post
    Can someone link to Zumzum's or someone similar's HoF vids? I tried to search for them and failed!
    This reset today I'm planning on recording our kills on everything as destro. It'll take a while to upload/edit but probably later this week you'll be able to find some PoVs as destro on every fight except Will (because in 10m affliction is just SO much better than destruction it's not even funny)