Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Yeah he is.
    No.

No, he's not.

Deathwing is the "father" of the black dragonflight the same way Alexstrasza is the "mother" of the red dragonflight. She is not literally the mother of every red dragon ever, is she?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No. He's not. Nyxondra is confirmed as Wrathion's mother. And Sinestra being Deathwing's only mate makes it very unlikely.
    Sinestra wasn't Deathwing's only consort, she was the only consort that was known to have survived the mating though.

"the newly disfigured Deathwing attempted to mate with his consorts, causing Sintharia a great deal of pain and leaving behind scars and burn marks. Sintharia was the only mate known to have survived."

There could have been more that we don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    No.

No, he's not.

Deathwing is the "father" of the black dragonflight the same way Alexstrasza is the "mother" of the red dragonflight. She is not literally the mother of every red dragon ever, is she?
    Actually, she is. The aspects keet multiple consorts at any given time, and all of the current Red Dragons are Alex's own. It's the father that is indeterminate.

And, yes. The inbreeding is implied, and has been touched on in at least one Warcraft novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he gives us loot.
    If deathwing would give us a quest with some nice epic/legendary loot as reward we would help him as well instead of killing him.

We shouldnt trust him hes a viscous little shit and they say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

trust me he will become a villain and a future raid boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Sinestra wasn't Deathwing's only consort, she was the only consort that was known to have survived the mating though.

"the newly disfigured Deathwing attempted to mate with his consorts, causing Sintharia a great deal of pain and leaving behind scars and burn marks. Sintharia was the only mate known to have survived."

There could have been more that we don't know about.
    From This quest:
    Nyxondra is being held against her will. She is hidden from her brood, right in the middle of their breeding grounds. She lays eggs, but they will be taken away before she can see them hatch.
    Apparently, Wrathion was born from an unfertilized egg. That means immaculate conception. He's the Jesus of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    We shouldnt trust him hes a viscous little shit and they say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

trust me he will become a villain and a future raid boss

Or...worse.

Apparently, Wrathion was born from an unfertilized egg. That means immaculate conception. He's the Jesus of WoW.

Oh dear......
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Lets not forget that deathwing was rather "past his sell by date" so to speak.

No no no, we already have a Green Jesus, so he'll be Black Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing was once known as Neltharion or something. He was a pretty cool guy back then.

He got on dragon crack though, and went all crazy. Not so cool anymore.

Not all sons are like thier fathers. Besides, I don't think they make dragon crack anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

He's not literally Deathwing's son.

Ugh.
    Pretty sure it was retconned that he is in fact Deathwing's son. There was a blue post added but it was never stated how the mother survived mating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Deathwing was once known as Neltharion or something. He was a pretty cool guy back then.

He got on dragon crack though, and went all crazy. Not so cool anymore.

Not all sons are like thier fathers. Besides, I don't think they make dragon crack anymore.
    They brought in the Black Market Auction House for precisely this reason my friend ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    No no no, we already have a Green Jesus, so he'll be Black Jesus.

Sorry but I couldn't resist XD

But yeah Wrathion's egg was uncorrupted and the son is not a clone of the father.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    How can we trust someone that own dad wanted to kill everyone. so why should we trust him.
    coz he helped the rouges to kill his father

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Yeah he is.
    As much as Yusuke is Leizen's son...
    No, he is NOT DW's son. He is the "last son of the black flight", which can be interpreted as Son of Deathwing, but not as literal.

Any female mating DIRECTLY with DW would be as scarred as Sinestra. Nyxondra was artificially fertilized by Rheastrasza.

And COME ON, Wrathion isn't even a REAL black dragon. He is the lab baby made with parts of a dead whelp, a corrupted egg and one implanted egg. He have no real father or mother. The closest of parents he have are Rhea and Dr. Blam, that used titan tech to manipulate genetic material of black dragons into the uncorrupted Wrathion.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The answers here all confuse the hell out of me (aside from the one who said because he's the king of swag, so true).

You DON'T have to trust Deathwing's son at all if you don't want to, personally I'd be more thrilled to see him pull a fast one on EVERYONE and lead the players into screwing over their own factions in some way or another, it would just make for good story.

But this is a heavily pve driven mmo, in the end, in gear we trust, and this guy is handing out teh good shiz. Or something...

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post

And COME ON, Wrathion isn't even a REAL black dragon.
    Also this, he's clearly a very well off middle eastern man who has come upon a vast fortune that he's willing to part with to brave adventurers on a quest to save the world...
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Well... no. Why would you? Does he radiate trustworthiness to you?

*EDIT*

Okay, let me clear up some biology here. This is how a chicken egg is fertilised:

1) Rooster has sex with the chicken
    2) The sperm fertilises the ovum inside the chicken
    3) The chicken forms an egg and lays it

Chickens do lay eggs when they haven't been fertilised though. This is their body discarding the excess ova... if you think about it, this is the equivalent of menstruation. When you eat eggs, you're eating chicken menses :O

Anyway, point is that it's not so much that the egg gets fertilised rather the chicken is fertilised and then lays fertile eggs. Presumably it's the same in dragons. Otherwise they wouldn't need to mate, they'd just somehow get their sperm inside the eggshell without breaking it.

He's not literally Deathwing's son.

Ugh.
    Actually that's an interesting question. His egg was laid by Nyxondra (under duress from Rheastrasza). The question is, who fertilised those eggs? The dragonflights only seem to have one breeding male (or female in the matriarchal flights) at a time, so surely Nyxondra was one of Deathwing's consorts. But had he recently fertilised her? If not, was Wrathion born from an unfertilised egg? Did the Titanic device that cleansed his egg somehow fertilise it? If so I guess Wrathion had an immaculate conception.

I think the likely explanation is just that Nyxondra was recently fertilised by Deathwing and Wrathion is literally his son. Although wasn't Sinestra's whole deal that she was the only one of his mates that survived the mating? Maybe he learned to be gentler after he replaced her...

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:41 AM ----------

Any female mating DIRECTLY with DW would be as scarred as Sinestra. Nyxondra was artificially fertilized by Rheastrasza.
    With whose sperm?

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:44 AM ----------

And COME ON, Wrathion isn't even a REAL black dragon. He is the lab baby made with parts of a dead whelp, a corrupted egg and one implanted egg.
    The corrupted egg got rejected and the dead whelps were just quest filler... I guess Rhea used them in "research". Wrathion was born of the cleansed egg. It was a perfectly normal black dragon egg laid by Nyxondra and cleansed of the taint that all black dragons have had at birth since Deathwing's corruption.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    From This quest:

If the eggs weren't fertilised they wouldn't hatch in the first place. In fact, would a dragon even get broody over unfertilised eggs? It doesn't say anywhere that the eggs aren't fertilised.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-12-11 at 06:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

The corrupted egg got rejected and the dead whelps were just quest filler... I guess Rhea used them in "research". Wrathion was born of the cleansed egg. It was a perfectly normal black dragon egg laid by Nyxondra and cleansed of the taint that all black dragons have had at birth since Deathwing's corruption.[COLOR="red"]
    Well, I don't know which game you played, but in World of Warcraft the Eye of Watchers merge all three samples in one uncorrupted egg.

Dr. Hieronymus Blam says: Hey, look! It's flying!
    Eye of the Watchers says: Boot-up protocol completed. Scanning for objective...
    Eye of the Watchers says: Objective identified. Scanning...
    Eye of the Watchers says: Anomaly detected. Probable source: Azerothian Old God. Attempting to excise anomaly...
    Eye of the Watchers says: Anomaly excised. Repeating sub-protocol...
    Eye of the Watchers says: Anomaly excised. Repeating sub-protocol...
    Eye of the Watchers says: Anomaly excised. Re-assembling remaining material...
    Eye of the Watchers says: Viable subject compiled. No anomalies detected.
    Eye of the Watchers says: User-objective protocol complete. Stasis protocol re-enabled.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27794#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    You mean it slides slowly down the tree due to its viscosity?

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:57 AM ----------

Well, I don't know which game you played, but in World of Warcraft the Eye of Watchers merge all three samples in one uncorrupted egg.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27794#comments
    Hmm, I thought it was only successful in cleansing one egg... possibly it compiled genetic material from all three into one. I should replay the quest and watch carefully.

Either way, all three eggs were from Nyxondra's clutch.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Because he's not his father. Unless you think the son inherits everything from the father in which case I'd worry about how widespread Oedipus complexes would be.
    No but... did you do the Rogue legendary quest chain? He's still kind of a bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.