Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I didn't know enchants and gems are necessary to down bosses... unless you are in top-10 in the region guild - they are not.
    True it is not NEEDED in the most cases. However it is a lot harder. If you do not want to put in the efford (5 min) to gem/enchant your gear because you dont "need too" then you are wasting 9/24 other peoples time. It's just like reading boss tactiks. If you dont do it you can still kill the boss by figuring out, but it is a MINIMAL time investment which will in return save more time than you did by not watching tacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because what you can do automatically sets a bar for any and every one else, right?
    Well yes, that's pretty much the point.

We all set a benchmark based in our own investment and expect others to at least contribute a fraction of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to World of Warcraft.

Once Blizzard removed accountability and player reputation from the game by making tools like LFD and then LFR, that sort of behavior was inevitable. But hey, at least players don't have to talk to each other any more!

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't understand why not just put in a bunch of the cheaper bc/wrath/cata gems? unless you just got the gear or the gem market for your faction/server is dominated by a few people.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    However it is a lot harder.
    Good! Raiding is about challenge.
    And reading tactics? It's overrated. Just read the journal and wipe a couple of times. Takes less time than looking up a tactic, reading it and still wiping a couple of times.

I didn't know enchants and gems are necessary to down bosses... unless you are in top-10 in the region guild - they are not.
    Yeah, chose to drop 2-3k of your primary stat - wise choice! Hell, who need wep enchants? Only gives like 1.6k primar stat, thats rubbish! Go ungemmed and unenchanted, totaly worth it.
    Remember to not spend gold on reforge either!

People like you are the pest in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Their responses will be "it's just a game"

Always is, lets them think that being stupid and wasting people's time is okay.

Ever since TBC I've had a pve ret, prot and holy set along with pvp ret and holy sets all FULLY gemmed and enchanted. Every single piece. Was I rich? Hell no. I farmed my ass off and made gold by professions and the AH. Was it hard work? Nope. Just took a little motivation not to be lazy and a waste of space in BGs and in raids.

If they thought about others as much as they about themselves they might find it in them to at least buy the cheapest enchants and gems they can buy.
    You're stilling being bitter towards people not putting as much "effort" into a video game as you when you don't have to play with those people. That's the concept you and those sharing your opinion seem to fail to understand. The other people don't OWE you anything any more than you OWE them. They are there for their own personal reasons and they aren't required any entry to participate beyond what they've already paid, which is Blizzard money and the time invested to level.

If you honestly have such a problem with that design, you should do one of several things.

1. Create your own game.
    2. Join Blizzards development team and make a change.
    3. Send constant emails, tweets, flying squirrels, or telepathic messages to Blizzard informing them they needs to fix this to your standards.
    4. OR, as it is so quaintly put for the PVE crowd who has complaints about things which are "equally wrong" on their side, quit.

But the notion that you're in a position to dictate "expectations" or "requirements" for others to partake of the game at your level isn't unreasonable, it's idiotic and childish.

The summation of this whole topic is that while there ARE options for PvP enthusiast to actually do what they want on EQUAL footing already; it apparently requires too much effort. Which makes you're entire attempt at an argument the pure definition of HYPOCRISY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Yeah, chose to drop 2-3k of your primary stat - wise choice! Hell, who need wep enchants? Only gives like 1.6k primar stat, thats rubbish! Go ungemmed and unenchanted, totaly worth it.
    Remember to not spend gold on reforge either!
    2-3k of pri stat - that's a lot of sockets. Means guy is in 489 epics. Where did he get them?
    Weapon enchants - it's a proc so no it's less than 1650 pri stat.
    Reforging - did you ever played before reforging? People raided back then too.
    Yeas you totally can raid without chants and gems.

People like you are the pest in this game.
    Since then it's about me? Ain't you being rude?

Deleted
    There are new players comming to wow all time, for example my brother recently started playing and has no clue what all that is about. If you would kindly explain to a player the pros about having the gems/enchants and explain how to get them etc. chanses are high that they will listen, but if you however flame him for not having it he will most likely ignore you like he did with all others that did the same thing.
    If you don't wanna play with those kinda players just don't invite them to your group, you arent forced to que to heroics or BGs alone, que up with your friends and you instantly avoid that problem.

these people are bad, but there's even worse. ever run into max level characters with greens from the PREVIOUS expansion.. or even worse? ive ran into multiple level 90s with level 80 quest rewards.. hell, a few even had level 70.. or worse.

some people just play the game to get gear then do nothing with it when they get it. theyre in the bg to get those pieces of precious loot that they fap to after they obtain it. they play the game for loot, that's it.

that being said.. here's what i did when i dinged 90:
    -went to AH and bought a full contender's pvp set
    -gemmed and enchanted it

And I started this expansion with like 3k gold. The rest I got was from questing 85-90.

Don't even bother yourself with these people, if they manage to comprehend what you're trying to tell them they won't care anyway. They're just there to collect loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Expensiveham View Post
    these people are bad, but there's even worse. ever run into max level characters with greens from the PREVIOUS expansion.. or even worse? ive ran into multiple level 90s with level 80 quest rewards.. hell, a few even had level 70.. or worse.

some people just play the game to get gear then do nothing with it when they get it. theyre in the bg to get those pieces of precious loot that they fap to after they obtain it. they play the game for loot, that's it.

that being said.. here's what i did when i dinged 90:
    -went to AH and bought a full contender's pvp set
    -gemmed and enchanted it

And I started this expansion with like 3k gold. The rest I got was from questing 85-90.

Don't even bother yourself with these people, if they manage to comprehend what you're trying to tell them they won't care anyway. They're just there to collect loot.
    And they are perfect examples of human garbage. The damn balls on these people to not care about GEAR in the right way. If only they understood how important GEAR was.

...... Do some of you even think about what you're posting?

They should just remove [...] PvP gear.
    Fixed it for you.

Gear for PvP should be generated on your character on entering an arena or BG and replaced by your actual gear on leaving.
    That way people would PvP based on skill and not on time invested in gearing up.

It would also fix the problem where on PvP servers anyone questing in PVE gear is a free kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fela View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Gear for PvP should be generated on your character on entering an arena or BG and replaced by your actual gear on leaving.
    That way people would PvP based on skill and not on time invested in gearing up.

It would also fix the problem where on PvP servers anyone questing in PVE gear is a free kill.
    But DOOOOOD how else would I show of how great I am at farming Conquest points?
    I mean, people don't AUTOMATICALLY SEE MY ACHIEVEMENTS AND HK KILLS MANNNNN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    And they are perfect examples of human garbage. The damn balls on these people to not care about GEAR in the right way. If only they understood how important GEAR was.

...... Do some of you even think about what you're posting?
    Did you even read what I said?

Yeah, those level 90s with level 80 and level 70 gear playing a team game really help a lot. Not like it's hard to mouse over a higher level quest reward and say "hey, that's better than this."

On top of that, enchanting and gemming fully costs next to nothing and the gold you got from levelling more than covers it.

Guess you're mad because you spent all of your gold on pokemon training or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Expensiveham View Post
    Did you even read what I said?

Yeah, those level 90s with level 80 and level 70 gear playing a team game really help a lot. Not like it's hard to mouse over a higher level quest reward and say "hey, that's better than this."

On top of that, enchanting and gemming fully costs next to nothing and the gold you got from levelling more than covers it.

Guess you're mad because you spent all of your gold on pokemon training or something.
    I read what you "posted." Did you comprehend what you posted though? That's the better question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fela View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Hell, why not do the same in instances/raids, everyone would get a full set of gear upon joining and loose it when they leave, then it would all be based on skill not who farmed the most gear...

See my point? Then there would be no reason to do BGs etc. for most ppl.

I read what you "posted." Did you comprehend what you posted though? That's the better question.
    Alright Mr. Freud. Go troll elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    But DOOOOOD how else would I show of how great I am at farming Conquest points?
    I mean, people don't AUTOMATICALLY SEE MY ACHIEVEMENTS AND HK KILLS MANNNNN!!!!
    Don't worry! Instead of title you can choos to display your total CP earned! Or achieves! Or HK kills! So everybody will see from a far that you are not that great at it!

2-3k of pri stat - that's a lot of sockets. Means guy is in 489 epics. Where did he get them?

Well, ment 1-2k primary stat (my bad), and for instance: My PvP gear gives 10 sockets = 1600 Str (Or as this is a PvP thread: 3200 PvP power.)

Ofc you can raid without doing your best. But why on earth do you want other to carry you because you slack? So get a grip and gem and enchant your gear. It cost about NOTHING, and takes 5 minutes. So by not doing it you only prove that you're slacking, and dont deserve to get a spot in any Raid nor premade BG. As you're clearly stating out with your non-gemmed/enchanted gear that you dont give a f*ck.

If I decide to make a PuG (Wich I did alot back in Cata and Wrath), I'd never pick someone who even missed out on one gem or enchant. I'd tell them "Dude, gem/enchant all off your gear, then come back." or even "Gem/enchant your gear right, then come back"
    Because if someone is lacking gems and enchant, I instantly think: "Well, if he cant gem his gear, why should he be able to read up on tactics? Or even his own class?"

So no, I'm not being rude - you're being rude by not doing the easiest step to improve your char. And thus making 9/24 other people wait for you..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted

Yes you can raid with no enchants.
    So lets apply this logic a little more:
    Who needs gear? You can still tank, dps and heal without any gear so lets just skip gear totally.
    The bosses will die eventually anyway, just a few expansions down the road.
    And while we are at it, why use skills and spells? Soooooooooooo much clicking stuff is so boooooring. The dps can just auto-attack things untill they die.

Not use reforging becuse it was not needed before, ok.
    Then lets only use skills and spells that are the same since vanilla. People raided back in vanilla with those skills and spells so we dont need any of the new shit now either!

Active mitagation?!?! Whats this new stuff, lets not use it becuse it sure as hell was not needed back in the old days! They raided without it so we can do the same!

Face it:
    Gemming, enchanting and reforging makes your character do more damage, heal more and a better tank.
    Doing more damage, healing more and beeing a better tank kills bosses faster and easier. If you want to do better in the game you need to use these things.
    If you dont care, then dont use them thats your choice but no matter how you turn it these things makes raider smoother.

And yes, for people that want to push how far they can go in this game your attitude is a pest.