Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Speculation]Diablo 3 X-pack - New class?

So Diablo3 is becoming boring and repetitive! As usual when this happens an X-pack isn't far around the corner.
    But the question is what *NEW*class could they actually add in this future expansion?

Me and my friend had a violent discussion about this not that long ago, and we ended up hurt and confused.
    The current classes doesn't leave much room for a newcomer, they pretty much fill up all former and future niches in one package.
    It appears that Blizzard have locked themselves in by doing too wide-ranged classes in D3.

Witch Doctor= Necromancer/Druid/Warlock and very vaguely resembles a Death Knight in some aspects.

Demon Hunter= Amazon, Rogue, Trapper etc

Monk= Paladin/Shaman/Assassin/Bard and Druid once again.

We have 3 classes that fills 10+ different niches and possible class openings. What class could Blizzard possibly conjure that brings something entirely new to the table? I'm not an expert on Blizzard lore or the many different classes that inhabits the WC/DB/SC Universes, so it might just be ignorance that leaves me clueless here.

What class(es) do you think they'll add in the upcoming expansion pack for Diablo 3?

Edit: I'm pretty sure this discussion has already been had. But lets have it again
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-09 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be tough with Str/dex/int being such a dominant stat to implement anything versatile
    and/or creative.

If a new class is added it's going to be Str based melee class. Maybe something similar to a templar.
    Something that you'd actually want to use shields with. You could call it "Gladiator" or "Defender" or whatever.

So my bet is that in early 2014 we'll see Str based class with abilities that require a shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    It's going to be tough with Str/dex/int being such a dominant stat to implement anything versatile
    and/or creative.

If a new class is added it's going to be Str based melee class. Maybe something similar to a templar.
    Something that you'd actually want to use shields with. You could call it "Gladiator" or "Defender" or whatever.

So my bet is that in early 2014 we'll see Str based class with abilities that require a shield.
    Yes I had my thoughts down that road as well. But isn't a Templar/Gladiator/Guardian/Defender going to cut it too close to Barbarian or possibly even monk? If they make a spin-off class the rage will echo to the moon and back and Blizzard are probably very well aware of that.

Perhaps they are even conjuring a new base stat to accompany the new class?

My bet is a paladin like class. Akin to paladins from d2
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

I'm guessing it's going to be a str based with angelic/paladin like abilities. There main weapon setups will be two-handers and sword and board, no dual wielding to help keep it apart from monks and barbs. I really don't think they are going to force a class to use a shield if they don't want to. In game right now, not one class is forced into a certain weapon setup. By that I mean, for every class there is at least two different options for your weapon setup. I'm also thinking they maybe will allow this class to be able to parry/block with two-handers (think DK's from WoW) so that they will have an easier time designing skills based off blocking.

With the whole lore background though, I'm curious how they are going to pull of the paladin theme with the templar companion in game already if they go with it. Like how are they going to make them fit into the lore of Act 1-4 as well like the assassin and druid worked in D2. Maybe a runaway templar that found out the order was corrupt and escaped? Like the one we kill in the Cathedral. Initially I was thinking of mortals trained by Tyreal, but that would not work for acts 1-4.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-09 at 11:36 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I would love to see paladin, a class that actually utilises shield unlike the other 2 melee classes in D3 now. But paladin vs monk ... it's not that different. So what does D3 miss.

Shapeshifter ... for players who want to play as a beast.
    Melee assasin ... both monk and war are beefy melee classes.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Something along the lines fallen angel will possibly be the new str based class - kinda like a paladin ofc in a way i guess, Imperius is gonna go mad and fuse with the black soulstone since he will feel like he was a failure letting Diablo rampage throughout heaven, also Adria will be the influence/main driving force on this after diablos corruption or possible she "stole" imperius when he was in his weakened state after Diablos final assault right before the final encounter.

Probably something along the lines of Diablo 3 Is Terrible.

Or a Druid...
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Some kind of Shapeshifter.

WTB a real summoner class. I want an army of undead minions, not 3 dogs that are there to take damage and one big guy.

Deleted
    Some sort of ex-angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Probably something along the lines of Diablo 3 Is Terrible.
    >hates D3
    >posting in a D3 forum

Not sure if trolling or masochistic.

Anyways, it'll definitely be a Strength-using class, seeing as there's currently 2 INT users, 2 DEX users, and only 1 STR user.

I'd guess, yeah, something like Druid or maybe Paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

If you look at the class themes, this is what seems to be missing/left:

* Death/Undead - Dark Knight?
    * Nature - Druid?
    * Tech - Engineer?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Some sort of ex-angel.
    I thought that said 'some sort of sex-angel' for a second there. My hopes were raised, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    My bet is a paladin like class. Akin to paladins from d2
    Doubt it, Monk already fills that niche.
    More likely a dark templar or something

Deleted
    i hope instead of 1 class its 2 or mayb even 3 >.>

saying that i barely got my 2nd char to 60

A Skinwalker; a native american stylized class that can shape shift, with totemic powers, giving the class the versatility of both ranged and melee play styles.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Some sort of ex-angel.
    No, diablo heroes are humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    No, diablo heroes are humans.
    Wasn't D3 hero a nephalem ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Wasn't D3 hero a nephalem ?
    Nephalem =Human, or demon offspring. But our heroes are the offspring of the Nephalem so we are humans.
    Demi-gods if you will. It's complicated, here have a read : http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-11 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Nephalem =Human, or demon offspring. But our heroes are the offspring of the Nephalem so we are humans.
    Demi-gods if you will. It's complicated, here have a read : http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem
    I have read it. Kind of hard to call them humans when they are direct offspring of angels and demons with potential to surpass both in power. And how D3 comments on the hero I got the feeling that at least the blood of nephalem is strong in him if he is not the first generation. Then again at the end when you kill Diablo the video talks about human saving the heavens ... if I recall it correctly. It's kind of fuzzy.