Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thanks for the replys! Yes, i've posted before, but mostly in the Guild Wars 2 forum and not for "help" like this ^^

Neither game, is a blizzard game, nor does the second use any kind of sprites for the units. First game does, second dosn't. I checked out Warbreeds and the 2nd game is almost like that, but it had a controllable camera. You had to use keybinds for it though, so it was a pain in the ass to set right. It's not impossible creatures (that game is cool) and it's not startopia (love that game!). Not KKND either, sadly

To be honest, my descriptions are fairly vague and i'm not sure anyone would remember either :P
    Last edited by zaxlor; 2012-12-07 at 02:31 AM.

There was a game that came out in 1997 called "Dark Colony". I remember watching a friend of mine play it while at college. It sounds somewhat similar to what your talking about.

Here is a link to another forum on this subject with alot of information.

forums. xkcd. com/ viewtopic. php?f=21&t=18807&sid=a6fc039c8beab867438c0139bedd518f

(sorry about the spaces)
    Last edited by daftwillie; 2012-12-10 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Sure is:

I remember because I hate the box art.
    ROFL! That's beyond hilarious, the art and name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, haha, it's my turn. This is one that has been at the back of my mind for at least a year but it never occurred to me to ask the mmo-community.

Now I don't remember the console per se but I'm almost positive it was the PS1.

I don't really remember much about the UI but what I can tell you is that it was a side scroller where you played as a guy that made some goofy noises and could shoot this electricity out of his hand that would allow him to swing across gaps....the only thing other than that that I remember is that just about every level housed some character that would be a companion with a special ability that could help you out. If I remember right, the last level's companion was his gf or something like that and there was some level prior to that one that was some blue hairy guy that would sit on your shoulders and shoot a machine gun.

I know it's not much, but I'd really be grateful to the person that could remind me what this game was......cause I don't remember for shit.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    long time lurker, not an often poster. Anyways

small edit - both games are pc titles. Doubt either ever came out on a console.

Game 2 -

it was an rts, with at least two playable races (maybe 3). There were humans, and aliens, but i never played as the humans. The aliens didn't build bases, they gave birth and evolved their units. It was tottally 3d, but had a very muddy, dirty look to it. Maps looked like they were set in a jungle. You started off with a "mother" unit that looked like a fat green/brown grub with legs, that would birth smaller versions to go collect and cut down wood and mine.

I can vaguely remember either the game devs, or the games logo being some kind of bone formation, almost like the paradox entertainment logo.

Any help in naming either of these, will be greatly thanked. I've been trawling the net for years trying to find them, but both are easily over 10, if not 15 years old.

kknd .

Two games I've been wracking my brain about for a while came free with video cards pre 2000.

1. 3D game featuring different types of tanks, where you had to navigate a level, pick up all the colelctables within a time limit and get to the end area. The first zone looked quite Tron-ish, with bright lines highlighting the edges of terrain and world objects. There were 3 types of tanks; a heavy tank (think it was coloured blue) a medium tank (red) and a light tank (green). The style of the environments changed after several levels also.

2. Another 3D game, where you could transform between a tank and a flyer. The levels rotated around you having to save civilians on a planet, while a giant slow moving slave ship attempted to capture them. I want to say it was called 'Scorched Earth' but from google searches it isn't right.

FOUND 2nd one was called Scorched Planet

Both games were 3rd person (although they had the option of 1st person views)
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2012-12-11 at 02:17 PM.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Ok, haha, it's my turn. This is one that has been at the back of my mind for at least a year but it never occurred to me to ask the mmo-community.

Now I don't remember the console per se but I'm almost positive it was the PS1.

I don't really remember much about the UI but what I can tell you is that it was a side scroller where you played as a guy that made some goofy noises and could shoot this electricity out of his hand that would allow him to swing across gaps....the only thing other than that that I remember is that just about every level housed some character that would be a companion with a special ability that could help you out. If I remember right, the last level's companion was his gf or something like that and there was some level prior to that one that was some blue hairy guy that would sit on your shoulders and shoot a machine gun.

I know it's not much, but I'd really be grateful to the person that could remind me what this game was......cause I don't remember for shit.
    Sounds like Wild 9, made by the same guys who did the EarthWorm Jim games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_9

What game is this? RPG from possibly the early 90s

I've been trying to find a game that I used to play. I'll briefly describe portions of the game - maybe someone knows?
    Played on a PC, similar to Ultima (looking down on a character, moving up, down, left and right etc).
    You start out on an island with nothing. Moving around you discover a hole, with a letter and lamp inside. Tells you about what to do or who to seek.
    Visit many areas, I think that as you walk you fall into battle on another screen, then when the battle is over you continue on.
    There is an area with three towns that look alike yet they do not get along with each other. Each town has the same clothing color (one blue town, one red and one green? I could be wrong on the colors). There is some machine in the middle of town that dispenses clothing - and you better get the same color as everyone else or you are a target. But if you mess with the knobs the clothing comes out tie-dyed or just messed up colors.
    At one point you meet someone who says their son has been kidnapped. You will find him in another location (castle-type place?) and you have to make him agree to go with you. Can't escape the place he's in because of security, but you can find a hole in the shrubs.
    Towards the end of the game you are in a town where all of the townspeople have some crazy disease or something. They have all been transformed into plants or tree people, and they can't talk. You find one that can communicate, and I think they tell you how to cure the rest.
    Another location is like a mine, where you see workers move in to work and then exit to leave. They carry and leave around picks and other mining stuff. You can't talk to the miners, they just don't acknowledge you. But I think the mine itself is a connection between two towns.
    Sorry I don't have much, I played this many years ago. And I've been searching for it for many years as well, so hopefully someone can help. Thanks for reading!

10+ Year Old Account
    YES THAT'S IT. Omg thank you so much.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Old text based kingdom resource management game

I have been scouring the internet looking for a game I played in like 2004 it was a text based game where you ruled a realm and it was about economy military and politics, you could explore and compete with other realms. i am quite certain it had the word realm in the title, and it had a blue colour scheme on the website. Any help on finding this would be appreciated.
    Thank You.

Lords of the Realm come to mind, but I haven't a clue if that's what you're looking for.

Old games that you've played, but can't remember the name...

I hope this will become official thread, but well, I will start, and anyone who acknowledges the games, you can give your glad answer.

So the game I've been remembering a lot lastly, is some kind of arena-based fighting game on PSOne, with at least 3 characters I remember:
    - Reptile-based creature, who breeds eggs and cracks 'em as minions.
    - Faceless rhino-like creature, who has a charge-attack.
    - "Bladesaw"-throwing humanoid or a robot.

If anyone knows about it, please answer. And anyone can ask about any older games, or even new ones, whatever you want to know.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    pc game where u had a planet that looked like a moon with a crater where u built ur defenses and attacked other planets. wish i new the name to play it again when im bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember an old pc strategy game where you had to use robots and you could collect parts from your enemies and use them in battle customizing them, you could go under earth level or at the sky, but sadly i can't remember the freaking game :'c
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-17 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmad View Post
    I hope this will become official thread, but well, I will start, and anyone who acknowledges the games, you can give your glad answer.

So the game I've been remembering a lot lastly, is some kind of arena-based fighting game on PSOne, with at least 3 characters I remember:
    - Reptile-based creature, who breeds eggs and cracks 'em as minions.
    - Faceless rhino-like creature, who has a charge-attack.
    - "Bladesaw"-throwing humanoid or a robot.

If anyone knows about it, please answer. And anyone can ask about any older games, or even new ones, whatever you want to know.
    I've got a feeling that it's The Unholy War. It's basically a beat 'em up, with some RTS elements - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unholy_War

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I remember an old pc strategy game where you had to use robots and you could collect parts from your enemies and use them in battle customizing them, you could go under earth level or at the sky, but sadly i can't remember the freaking game :'c
    Was this Metal Fatigue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Was this Metal Fatigue?

HOLY SHIT IT IS! sir, you're my hero.

Great thread, perhaps someone will help me here.

I remember this game very vaguely since I've played it like 10-15 years ago on PC. It was action-adventure title. It started with a lot of dialogue from first person perspective (it was in english). You moved your character from top-down perspective on world map and when you encontuered an enemy it reverted to 2D from the side. What I remember the most was alien world and magic. You acquired new spells by collecting collorfull orbs and drawing them from a board in cities. Yeah, I know it is not much but I dont remember any more. I've checked various old game and abandonware sites and never seen anything like this.

Deleted

What was this game?

Yes, it's another of these threads, I'm looking for a game that I played in my childhood, I can't remember much about it but I'll tell you what I know.

It was 2d space game, you controlled a ship on the screen and asteroids would come from offscreen which you would have to shoot with your weapons to avoid being smashed, ontop of this, an alarm would sometimes sound, and an alien craft would appear trying to kill you, the longer you survived, the more aliens you would encounter, and the more asteroids there were.

All I can remember is playing this years ago on a very very old computer, it was on a floppy disk if I remember correctly.

(No it isn't asteroids)

Anybody know what I'm talking about?