Thread: Soloing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    As Elemental?
    When I tried Kel'Thuzad 25m as Elemental a couple IDs ago I simply ran OOM in phase 2 at about 55% boss health because of his mana burn. Was pretty easy as Enhacement, though, even with noticeable worse gear, using Feral Spirit and Healing Storm glyphs. Just pay attention to the Void Fissures, they are near to impossible to see with all the enemies around you and still hit pretty hard.

Deleted
    is there actually any content which a Elemental is better at then Enhancement? :S

Guess i choose the wrong spec as main spec

Deleted
    Eh, sounds all quite nice, however, regarding the fact that other classes (especially tanks) can solo heroic 5mans, Shaman soloing capabilities are quite low.

Some people are saying elemental can solo alysrazor 10m? I just tried, and just died with alys on 70% when she dived down, and died to all the adds up ;P any tips?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    Some people are saying elemental can solo alysrazor 10m? I just tried, and just died with alys on 70% when she dived down, and died to all the adds up ;P any tips?
    You need to land outside her little area. Clear the ramp up to Lord Whatshisface before you start so you can kite her before she flys again.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You need to land outside her little area. Clear the ramp up to Lord Whatshisface before you start so you can kite her before she flys again.
    You dont need to kite her up to lord ryolith however u spell. U just need to land just before the bridge, on the path back to the entrance. Note I said before the bridge else she sometimes resets. But by the time she reaches you she flys back up and she doesnt pull any of the other trash. Btw you will need about a constant 50k dps in the air to kill her before she lands the third time and is permently grounded.

Deleted
    Is it possible to Solo Hour of Twilight and those instances at 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Borize View Post
    Is it possible to Solo Hour of Twilight and those instances at 90?
    It should be, i was able to solo those dungeons at 85 as ele

Quote Originally Posted by Nayko View Post
    It should be, i was able to solo those dungeons at 85 as ele
    Normal or hc? I just tried end time hc and killed the first boss tyrande but baine is a pain and cud barely nuke him down 1m as he just hits too hard. Might be able to do it if you get your earth elemental agro and manage to throw each of the bosses totems back at him for the stun, maybe even save the totems for after your earth elemental dies or sumthing for lots of stuns. I only had 2 attempts so havent tried any of that, the last boss shud be easier since you get all ur cdowns back wenever u need them

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Normal or hc? I just tried end time hc and killed the first boss tyrande but baine is a pain and cud barely nuke him down 1m as he just hits too hard. Might be able to do it if you get your earth elemental agro and manage to throw each of the bosses totems back at him for the stun, maybe even save the totems for after your earth elemental dies or sumthing for lots of stuns. I only had 2 attempts so havent tried any of that, the last boss shud be easier since you get all ur cdowns back wenever u need them
    Sorry I think I might have gotten my dungeons confused lol. I was thinking of the lvl 80 dungeons with Pit of Saron etc. etc.

is there actually any content which a Elemental is better at then Enhancement? :S
    I'm guessing Enhancement might have trouble with atleast Essence of Desire in Black Temple.

It's a small comfort, unless you're like me and focused on getting T6 =P

Is it possible to Solo bits of BWD/TBOT?

Or the Hour of Twilight Heroic achievements? ( Lazy Eye, Moon Guard )
    Bwd and bot are not doable atm i think, the bosses hit too hard.
    The hot hcs are difficult but i think doable and moon guard is srsly easy to solo. Even if you die you can continue wer u left off and without a healer theres no chance that the healer wud get hit and in answer to your question about bosses ele is better than enhancement the easy answer wud be the last boss in tempest keep. As elemental you can use the staff so you are immune to the cc except the fear of the adds and can kill them at whatever speed. As enhancement it wud be desirable to burst them all down before they cc you
    Also onyxia is probably better done as elemental becus you have better aoe than enhancement i find and you can attack her whilst shes in the air more often. I cant imagine doing ony25 as enhancement, the fight wud last forever becus of the increased hp pool
    Another answer, anysrazor whilst doable as enhancement it wud be easier as elemental as you can heal yourself for longer as you have more mana and all the other bosses which have a mechanic which does alot of damage and you cant hit the boss during the time to get maelstrom instant heals
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-11-23 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Currently are working on Soloing Naxxramas 25 man. I have solo'ed Plague Quarter + Sapphiroth but i can't seem to get Kel'Thuzad down. Any tips on downing him?

My main issue is that i run OOM around the part KelThuzad gets active. I can manage to keep myself up untill the Adds from ICC come, then i get killed. (Around 6000k/13000k)
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2012-11-25 at 09:50 PM.

Currently are working on Soloing Naxxramas 25 man. I have solo'ed Plague Quarter + Sapphiroth but i can't seem to get Kel'Thuzad down. Any tips on downing him?

My main issue is that i run OOM around the part KelThuzad gets active. I can manage to keep myself up untill the Adds from ICC come, then i get killed. (Around 6000k/13000k)
    Ok so ive finally found a solution to mana problems on that fight, and believe me it took alot of wiping to come up with this solution . Anyway take glyph of chain lightning and glyph of thunderstorm. When the adds first spawn use your earth elemental to agro them all and basically chain lightning spam them. Echo of the elements is also pretty useful altho probably not necessary. Anyway chain lightning gives a huge chunk of mana back on those guys that you have plenty of mana to keep healing yourself once your elemental despawns. I also tried to save ancestral guidance till after my elementals gone, this is becus those adds kinda hurt and chain lightning ancestral guidance will keep you alive with a whole lot of mana left. however i completely failed that and ended up using it wen my elemental was still up. Anyway I also prefer to use my ascendance whilst my earth elemental is up and i have full mana becus i dont have to worry about healing and the faster you get the boss down with your elemental up the easier the fight will be
    After your earth ele despawns summon your fire elemental, this is the hardest part of the fight so you want to dps him down as fast as you can
    I will try and put a link to a video wen ive uploaded it to youtube after my guild raid so you can see what im doing instead of taking my word for it
    Oh and also i try and use my thunderstorm AFTER the mana bomb thing explodes so you can get most the mana you lose back

edit: heres the link to the fighthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTP3Z...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-11-27 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing your strategy. I will try it when i go to naxx later this week.

What was your Ilvl in that video?

As enhance ive solo'd BT, on souls I just popped wolves fire ele, and then all other cds(stormlash,Blood lust,ascendance) and with a little luck he will target your wolves or fire ele with the disorient. I only got hit by it once, he was dead before blood lust wore off. My shaman is only 466 item level, I just started my sub back up a week ago. My friend brightleaf from blood legion and I have started to two man 25m ulduar for his mace. So far so good we did 8 bosses before we went to sleep, going to continue tonight sometime. I'll edit the post and tell you guys how it goes. We're doing it as ele/enhance. And I know that isnt solo, but if you have a friend it can be kinda fun. =P

Thanks for sharing your strategy. I will try it when i go to naxx later this week.

What was your Ilvl in that video?
    481 i think
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-11-30 at 05:11 PM.

Has anyone solo'd Kael'Thas yet? I've been doing a lot of soloing on my warrior and just started on my enhance shaman. I'm at 480 ilvl so my gear shouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure what would happen with MC d/t wolves and elementals (not worried about anything else in the fight).

He doesn't seem to mc when your alone. Unless I just got really lucky. You can do it the safe way by stringing his ambassadors out or just zerg them. Takes a bit of luck zerging but its not to bad. Should be cake at your gear level.