Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    im sorry your sensitivity is being threatened. i prefer videos than writing but i'm not writing a thesis here thats going to be marked. if you cannot fathom what i wrote then you're only nit picking for the same reasons ive seen before: another person who cant handle the hard truths.
    Hahah, you're a funny kid pal.

I responded to your "truths" and read through your hilarious attempt at communication via the written language. You're nothing special. These are problems that have been discussed, in detail, by avid fans of the game and not just its opponents. However, that said, not everything you've presented is really an issue nor as problematic as you've made it out to be. Which to us comes across as a blatant attempt to smear something you just can't get into rather than sensible discussion.

Also, you don't need to have a "writing thesis" to write and type within reason. I dropped out of high school before my Sophomore year and can express myself just fine. It's a matter of desire and wanting to present yourself in a respectable manner. Goes a long way, trust me.

@Infiniteretro
    A little bit of self-reflection certainly wouldn't hurt, cos you sure like to go on.
    Stangely enough you start sounding like the very fanboys that you proclaim to hate, funny how that works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    @Infiniteretro
    A little bit of self-reflection certainly wouldn't hurt, cos you sure like to go on.
    Stangely enough you start sounding like the very fanboys that you proclaim to hate, funny how that works.
    people seem interested in the person and not the points being made which arent far off the mark for some. i think we all know what people think of retro by now.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    Snip
    Well first of all, you're just another person like the rest of us so don't expect us to be like "oh my god, what a great speech!"

Now for your points:

1. Opinion.
    2. If sub-based games don't require cash shops, how come they have cash shops with ridiculous prices? What do you mean by "game getting nerfed" ?
    3. If you had to grind your way to full exotic then i feel bad for you. Exotic was so easy to get it's ridiculous. Legendaries were added for the people who love grinding and that same grind was present in GW1 so what's your point?
    4. True, spvp is imbalanced, but it's still ahead of others which have spent years trying to balance it, yet to no avail. You expected PvP to be flawless from day 1?
    5. I won't deny that the new gear goes against that claim, but that gear isn't gamebreaking unless you run fractal of the mists all the time. If you did, then you wouldn't need to worry about it anyways.
    6. Opinion.
    7. Source?
    8. You didn't like the story, too bad, others did.
    9. I don't think that elite DE's are listed as "fair amount." But i'm going to agree, some of them are really hard solo and they should be fixed.
    10. Combat failed? What?

See, you do post concerns, but you back them up with nothing but opinions. It's seems like you don't like ANet and therefore you choose to bash GW2. Nice thinking m8.

Hey, guys. Get a room. By that I mean take it to PM's. Not only are you all walking the line very close, but it's pointless banter. Knock it off.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Hey, guys. Get a room. By that I mean take it to PM's. Not only are you all walking the line very close, but it's pointless banter. Knock it off.
    You do realize that every thread tends to evolve(for better or worse) away from its original intent? Been on enough forums to know this. Largely because you can only discuss the topic strictly for so long. At least much of what's being said still pertains to the game itself--that's a plus. ^_^

That being said, I don't exactly appreciate someone telling me "to get a room" and in general acting disrespectful. An individual came into this thread talking a lot of unsubstantiated trash, I said my peace concerning it and so did others. If you don't want this going on, remove his inflammatory posts(they're not entirely on topic to begin with) and you've solved your problem without coming across as rather prude.

No disrespect meant towards YOU naturally, just friendly advice on how to deal with your forumlings without agitating their lesser halves.

The "get a room" bit was to return the topic to something bearable in public discussion before people were given infractions. The fact you've failed to do so (offensively at that) has shown how you "speak your peace". Moderation itself is not up for public debate. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-09 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    people seem interested in the person and not the points being made which arent far off the mark for some. i think we all know what people think of retro by now.
    It shows you what an impact ANet was able to make with GW1. That game really showed the kind of promise you get from small start-up developers who are passionate about their game. And that passion ends up being reflected by the people who have been with those developers since the beginning.

But yeah, like you said it's about the person not the points being made, and you get statements like this that are so hilariously contrary to the truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    See, you do post concerns, but you back them up with nothing but opinions. It's seems like you don't like ANet and therefore you choose to bash GW2. Nice thinking m8.
    You can recognize the GW1 vets by their unmatched anger at where the real ANet has gone. Anyone blindly bashing the game is long gone by now. There's someone on the official forums with the sig: "Now you're just a Guild Wars that I used to know." Which makes me simultaneously lol and

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    It shows you what an impact ANet was able to make with GW1. That game really showed the kind of promise you get from small start-up developers who are passionate about their game. And that passion ends up being reflected by the people who have been with those developers since the beginning.

But yeah, like you said it's about the person not the points being made, and you get statements like this that are so hilariously contrary to the truth:

You can recognize the GW1 vets by their unmatched anger at where the real ANet has gone. Anyone blindly bashing the game is long gone by now. There's someone on the official forums with the sig: "Now you're just a Guild Wars that I used to know." Which makes me simultaneously lol and
    lmao,
    i know many gw1 vets that absolutely love GW2

/signed gw1 vet
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Played GW1 since 06' and i love GW2. There are things i don't like about the game, but my main problem with the game is PvE endgame. Though, it didn't stop me from spending all those hours on the game to this point.

I'm getting new content (good or bad, large or small) every month so why would i QQ about it unless they implement a game changing addition?

Played GW1 since it was released and I really enjoy GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Played GW1 since it was released and I really enjoy GW2.
    Hated GW1 dont really like GW2 are we making a point? I think the guy was implying that those blindly bashing the game have left and those left behind bashing the game are GW1 vets, I doubt hes implying every person who liked GW1 dhates gw2, well he might be that naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    lmao,
    i know many gw1 vets that absolutely love GW2

/signed gw1 vet
    At the risk of turning this into an epeen measuring contest -- do you happen to be the kind of person who would call themselves a "vet" even though they didn't play until after EotN, or have you actually been around since 2004?

To set the record straight I'm still playing and enjoying GW2, at this point I'd much rather play it than GW1 or WoW, but ANet has very clearly failed to deliver on numerous promises, with an abundance of major issues not even being ADDRESSED - let alone resolved - 3 months after release. To say the direction they appear to be taking the game is concerning would be a massive understatement. A lot of things need to improve for this game to even have a chance at the kind of longevity that games like WoW and GW1 have enjoyed. I've had this nagging suspicion for a long time that, for whatever reason, the financial positioning has always been about massive short-term profits. IMO they've been doing exactly that. Actually I know when it started... March 20th, 2012. Something about this blog post just didn't sit right, and re-reading it now I still have the same sinking feeling. Actually it's a bit better now, because I have the ability to point at parts of it as manifesto-level bullshit.

why would i QQ about it unless they implement a game changing addition?
    Like ascended gear? Or Fractals (which ironically is the one and only thing I really enjoyed from the November update)? trollololol

Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    Hated GW1 dont really like GW2 are we making a point? I think the guy was implying that those blindly bashing the game have left and those left behind bashing the game are GW1 vets, I doubt hes implying every person who liked GW1 dhates gw2, well he might be that naive.
    Ouch. But yes, I was saying the people complaining the loudest are almost certainly GW1 vets. But hey anecdotal "herpaderp I like both games so ur rong" is all the proof you need when you have no substantive response. Hell, I like both games... damn, made my own point irrelevant I guess? The difference in how the two games have been managed in the first few months is night and day, as is pretty much everything about ANet from then and now.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-12-10 at 07:20 PM.

Like ascended gear? Or Fractals (which ironically is the one and only thing I really enjoyed from the November update)? trollololol
    Didn't know that adding Fractals was negative. Sorry that those + 2% efficency broke the game for you with the addition of Ascended gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know that adding Fractals was negative. Sorry that those + 2% efficency broke the game for you with the addition of Ascended gear.
    lol it's cause it's not, i have yet to hear a true negative from Fractals, everyone i've heard bitch about fractals only argument is "It brought ascended gear!" or "It has the agony mechanic!" nothing meaningful...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol it's cause it's not, i have yet to hear a true negative from Fractals, everyone i've heard bitch about fractals only argument is "It brought ascended gear!" or "It has the agony mechanic!" nothing meaningful...

I hit level 10 fractal for the first time the other day. Working our way through the dungeon and then on the boss it was suddenly (purple flash!) OW OW OW WTF IS THAT!

Learned real quick to save my healing cds for that business lol.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I hit level 10 fractal for the first time the other day. Working our way through the dungeon and then on the boss it was suddenly (purple flash!) OW OW OW WTF IS THAT!

Learned real quick to save my healing cds for that business lol.
    lol i progress at the speed of a casual going up 2 ranks or so every other week or so, i believe i'm around rank 5 now? Maybe 7...i'm almost positive it's 5...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

At the risk of turning this into an epeen measuring contest -- do you happen to be the kind of person who would call themselves a "vet" even though they didn't play until after EotN, or have you actually been around since 2004?
    I don't really recall when I got Prophecy, it was long before EotN, and I actually never got Factions. I played for 3 years before moving over to WoW.

To set the record straight I'm still playing and enjoying GW2, at this point I'd much rather play it than GW1 or WoW, but ANet has very clearly failed to deliver on numerous promises,
    I still have the magazine where they promised me that I could bring my minipets forward from GW1 to 2. Due to an error on my part that customer service wouldn't fix, I got no legacy stuff at all, but oh well, not a big deal.

The manifesto wasn't delivered on, but enough of it was in game/style to keep me happy. I really do wonder how people read the pre-release stuff and thought the game would have some endgame system that was different than the rest of the game though.

A lot of things need to improve for this game to even have a chance at the kind of longevity that games like WoW and GW1 have enjoyed. I've had this nagging suspicion for a long time that, for whatever reason, the financial positioning has always been about massive short-term profits. IMO they've been doing exactly that.
    Well, they can keep up updating, but need resources for such, or they can slack off and lose customers but do less. Either way I think it'll work out long term for them. The advantage to the model is no risk at this point. If they piss me off and I leave, I've lost nothing more and can always hop back in later if it returns to what I want.

Until the impact of Ascended Gear is felt over time, we won't really KNOW what the effect is. It could be the begining of the end, or it could just be a facet that no one remembers being odd, 6 months from now.

Ouch. But yes, I was saying the people complaining the loudest are almost certainly GW1 vets. But hey anecdotal "herpaderp I like both games so ur rong" is all the proof you need when you have no substantive response. Hell, I like both games... damn, made my own point irrelevant I guess? The difference in how the two games have been managed in the first few months is night and day, as is pretty much everything about ANet from then and now.
    Does it really matter why bitter folks are bitter? "I played GW1 so I expect more!" or "this isn't the Anet I knew back in ye olden days of yore!" are as equally worthless as "GW2 people trolled WoW forums at some point, so I hate them and want them to fail". Letting emotions guide an opinion and then clogging a forum with them on barely related topics isn't exactly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Here's 2 meaningful arguments:
    1) It funnels players to a single dungeon in the already central hub city, further discouraging any kind of diversification of dungeons players run.
    2) By adding a "level" feature you significantly fracture your playerbase, which is made even more awesome by the lack of a funcitonal LFG tool.

An individual being blind to the consequences or not being able to see past the end of their nose doesn't make something less meaningful.

You picked out a 2 line piece of my post and managed to ignore half of it, well done sir. Ascended gear and fractals are both game-changing additions for many people. But I know, I know, that's irrelevant because you don't agree personally. Or is that just denial from leaving me such an easy call out.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Until the impact of Ascended Gear is felt over time, we won't really KNOW what the effect is. It could be the begining of the end, or it could just be a facet that no one remembers being odd, 6 months from now.
    Almost certainly the latter because people like to be dramatic, but it is still a major shift in game design.

Does it really matter why bitter folks are bitter? "I played GW1 so I expect more!" or "this isn't the Anet I knew back in ye olden days of yore!" are as equally worthless as "GW2 people trolled WoW forums at some point, so I hate them and want them to fail". Letting emotions guide an opinion and then clogging a forum with them on barely related topics isn't exactly useful.
    I fully agree on the emotions thing, but it's how most people make their opinions known. But that's not what I'm doing, I'm pointing out the shifts we've seen from ANet over the years, yet the people who are doing exactly what you're talking about on the other end of the spectrum: "*I* love this game, so your argument is invalid!" are the ones stifling any kind of useful discourse.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-12-11 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's 2 meaningful arguments:

2) By adding a "level" feature you significantly fracture your playerbase, which is made even more awesome by the lack of a funcitonal LFG tool.
    I felt the same way, but I found this epic website called www.gw2LFG.com and you can find a group there quickly. Every time I have used it, Ive found a group in less than 5 minutes. And that is NOT an exaggeration. Further proving the fact that Anet needs to add a dungeon finder tool to the game, regardless of what the stupid "OMFG LFG RUINED WOW" crowd say. The popularity of this website is undeniable proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I felt the same way, but I found this epic website called www.gw2LFG.com and you can find a group there quickly. Every time I have used it, Ive found a group in less than 5 minutes. And that is NOT an exaggeration. Further proving the fact that Anet needs to add a dungeon finder tool to the game, regardless of what the stupid "OMFG LFG RUINED WOW" crowd say. The popularity of this website is undeniable proof.
    I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but that's what I've been hearing. I'm pretty sure there's confusion in the discussion over the LFG thing and WoW, where AFAIK most people are asking for a website like that built into the game, not an automated dungeon finder that does ALL the work for you.