Thread: Ele shammy pvp

Ele shammy pvp

I love playing ele. Its probably my favorite caster spec. In pvp I do feel weak when people are focusing me but when im free to cast I can do a lot of damage.

One thing I feel ele shammys lack is a slow. Yes we do have several different ways to slow a target and the main one is frost shock. The problem with that is all shocks share a cd so it sucks having to pick between frost and flame shock. If ele shammys shock werent all on the same cd I think ele shammys would improve a lot.

Enhance shammys slowing issue is fixed with their 4 piece pvp set bonus, so wheres ours?

its a lost cause. just forget about it.

[User was infracted for this post]

Kindly post constructively.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-12-09 at 04:28 AM.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Half of the issue, I think, is that one of our main distance-gainers is thunderstorm, and it's so incredibly unreliable on uneven terrain. If it were more reliable, we would have more control over the distance we could form.

The other core issue, that we've discussed endlessly over the past 6 months, is that both our defensive and offensive abilities are locked out if we're interrupted on a nature school. We can only flame/frost shock and lava burst - which is incredibly debilitating. This was compounded by the recent change where totems get locked out with the school too.

It's not going to happen, just go enhancement if you want a semi-viable experience or go resto like the rest of us :|

Deleted
    You can stay elem if you like. don't listen to the scrubs here, yes it is hard yes you got to practise and such. if you are a cry baby and don't like dying 24/7 go enha or resto.

Resto for a possible higher chance of a high rating, enha if you do like killing stuff but want a good survive ability. not that enha is the best 1 but what ever better then ele.

if you do or want to do RBGs alot , go ele! insane burst, if they let you cast free you can make like 1 or 2 kills on a healer or dps if you pop your CDS. yes i saw this is an rbg the other day.

the only thing is , our survive ability sucks as ele shaman so if you get charged by a warrior , either know how to kite and blow all your cds, pray he is a baddie , or just die. it's 1 of the 3:P

goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisala View Post
    This was compounded by the recent change where totems get locked out with the school too.
    It really doesn't help that 80% of Ele's utility is shared with Resto, which makes it get nerfed at the start of every expansion because Resto is OP, thereby bringing Resto to average and Ele to garbage tier.

Of course Blizz won't do anything for Ele shamans in PvP. Even though they nerfed hybrid healing, even though they nerfed totems. Who at Blizzard honestly believes that Ele is fine in either PvP or PvE? I expect this from blizzard now. If your class has a healing spec, be prepared for them to direct you to it instead of fixing the spec you really want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    its a lost cause. just forget about it.

[User was infracted for this post]

Kindly post constructively.
    any1 else don't understand what is Endus doing here? Well nothing new.
    OT - I'm also in love with ele, best caster there is, but historically we always sucked well maybe except in tbc, but then again, we barely had any defenses

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    any1 else don't understand what is Endus doing here? Well nothing new.
    He gave the reasoning right there. It might have been a bit harsh, but the post was rather nonconstructive.

OT: Personally I feel that not much will change for elemental PvP until they separate out the specs further so they can do a better job of balancing. Shaman class balance is a real cluster fuck atm. They wont nerf what needs to be nerfed for resto b/c it will effect PvE. Instead they keep going after shaman survivability and utility... I thought their whole idea of separating specs was to better manage just this type of situation, but boy was I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    Personally I feel that not much will change for elemental PvP until they separate out the specs further so they can do a better job of balancing.
    Yup. The only way to fix Ele's PvP problems are to create spec-specific effects or defenses to help because blanket totem mechanics, Hex, Purge, and every single totem Ele has are all shared by Resto and Enhancement which are both just fine in PvP right now. Ele needs something of its own that doesn't affect the other specs whatsoever.

Deleted
    The dmg as elemental though is awesome. We are quite cast dependent, but we are probably the caster with the most options when getting locked. If nature school is locked, you can still lava burst or flameshock in order to keep your shocks on CD. If fire school is locked, then we can run and cast. And you can always cast elemental blast, just don't get locked on that one, that hurts.

A tip for you guys: when you got dots on everyone you will get a nice amount of procs: do unleash elements then cast elemental blast (the +dmg buff works with elemental blast) and then follow up with an instant lava burst. That is 30% increase to both of them and if you follow up with earth shock at full stacks I tempt to get people to around 20-30% HP, depending on procs and crits. I consider leaving the instant cast for the Echo. You literally have a good chance of globaling people, or at least do ALOT of damage to them. If you keep bursting with ascendance in a stun things will die. Try practice that kill on a healer in 2s. Quite fun..

It's a nice spec, really hard to play but has a lot of potential. Hopefully we will get that defensive and be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    The dmg as elemental though is awesome. We are quite cast dependent, but we are probably the caster with the most options when getting locked. If nature school is locked, you can still lava burst or flameshock in order to keep your shocks on CD. If fire school is locked, then we can run and cast. And you can always cast elemental blast, just don't get locked on that one, that hurts.

A tip for you guys: when you got dots on everyone you will get a nice amount of procs: do unleash elements then cast elemental blast (the +dmg buff works with elemental blast) and then follow up with an instant lava burst. That is 30% increase to both of them and if you follow up with earth shock at full stacks I tempt to get people to around 20-30% HP, depending on procs and crits. I consider leaving the instant cast for the Echo. You literally have a good chance of globaling people, or at least do ALOT of damage to them. If you keep bursting with ascendance in a stun things will die. Try practice that kill on a healer in 2s. Quite fun..

It's a nice spec, really hard to play but has a lot of potential. Hopefully we will get that defensive and be golden.
    We have the least options of any caster dps class when locked out of our primary school. We have lvb frs fls and searing. 4 very poor options with no options of using self sustain spells (healing spells) and no defensive CDs. This is ideally when you would want those spells available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    It's not going to happen, just go enhancement if you want a semi-viable experience or go resto like the rest of us :|
    Or reroll to a real caster, like most people did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    OT - I'm also in love with ele, best caster there is, but historically we always sucked well maybe except in tbc, but then again, we barely had any defenses
    In terms of PvP Elemental had it's shining Moment in Wotlk, got strong in S6 and was pretty much FotM through S7 / S8, LSD was simply that good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dospal View Post
    We have the least options of any caster dps class when locked out of our primary school. We have lvb frs fls and searing. 4 very poor options with no options of using self sustain spells (healing spells) and no defensive CDs. This is ideally when you would want those spells available.
    Did you expect us to be able to do everything when locked or what? All I'm saying is that I can pretty much stand and cast Lightning Bolt or Lava Burst, if they lock me, I can just cast the opposite. Warlocks get completely locked down, so does mages. Balance druids can sort of do the same with arcane/nature schools, Spriest can only Mind Spike if locked on shadow school. So no, you're wrong

Did you expect us to be able to do everything when locked or what? All I'm saying is that I can pretty much stand and cast Lightning Bolt or Lava Burst, if they lock me, I can just cast the opposite. Warlocks get completely locked down, so does mages. Balance druids can sort of do the same with arcane/nature schools, Spriest can only Mind Spike if locked on shadow school. So no, you're wrong
    interrupt fmage on frost, can still blink, sheep or cast FFB or you know what is the best, they still can blanket silence you .
    spriest, you forgot they can still use their holy school when locked out in shadow, you know PW:S and renew
    And then start telling people are wrong while you even don't know the classes you compare us to...

Yes but most classes can use defensive CDs while silenced.

The ramification of the constant "quick fix". Looking at the past every time Restoration gets to the point of being too good, it gets hit by a nerf. Issue is with Shaman is that the differences in between our spec aren't so black and white in comparison to say a druid.

Nearly every ability, spell, utility, etc is used by the other spec. Meaning attempting to balance one thing in Shaman ends up messing with another part of Shaman.

This has been a pattern that happens every expansion it seems. Personally it was a lazy fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Yes but most classes can use defensive CDs while cc'd.
    I'm just changing that so people don't take the original quote word for word. Even though I understood what you meant, sometimes other people can't tell.

Issue is with Shaman is that the differences in between our spec aren't so black and white in comparison to say a druid.
    I think this is a problem and its true for a lot of classes. I think the specs of classes should be more individual. For a lot of them, it's the passives that separate them more than the spells/abilities. I think it'd be cool to have my own personal totems, shocks, shields, weapon imbues, and other stuff; to be completely different from Resto and completely different from Enhancement.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    interrupt fmage on frost, can still blink, sheep or cast FFB or you know what is the best, they still can blanket silence you .
    spriest, you forgot they can still use their holy school when locked out in shadow, you know PW:S and renew
    And then start telling people are wrong while you even don't know the classes you compare us to...
    Meh couldn't be asked to get very detailed. Mages cannot block when locked on frost school and if locked on arcane they can get fucked over really quckly by a quick stun. My point is just that other casters suffer harder from interrupts than we do, or at least suffer at the same level. People here also complain about elemental damage which isn't an issue now that mages and locks aren't super OP. People don't seem to understand what's wrong with the spec.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Yes but most classes can use defensive CDs while silenced.
    Didn't really understand why you replied that to my post? Problem is we don't have any defensives

Meh couldn't be asked to get very detailed. Mages cannot block when locked on frost school and if locked on arcane they can get fucked over really quckly by a quick stun. My point is just that other casters suffer harder from interrupts than we do, or at least suffer at the same level. People here also complain about elemental damage which isn't an issue now that mages and locks aren't super OP. People don't seem to understand what's wrong with the spec.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 07:38 AM ----------

Didn't really understand why you replied that to my post? Problem is we don't have any defensives
    Our first bracket is defensive abilities. The issue is since the recent change using those defensive abilities and utilities have been in a worse position.