Thread: 1.6 Patch Notes

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    well so it does seem that they are up un vendor i see the armor beam generator and laser cannons on the fleet vendor for 500 each so I am slightly relieved that they did not just put it as coins ONLY....... and the power conversion is avail for 300k creds so thats 4 outta 8 pieces avail in game with NO coin purchase and 2 schematicesfor missles and deflector shield for comms too im a bit more at ease now

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

• A new collection of rare goods, freshly smuggled in by the Hutt Cartel is now available! The Blockade Runner Cartel Pack can contain Rare bonus items not found in any other Cartel Market Pack! Cost: 360 Cartel Coins.
    • The Grade 7 Starship Defensive Bundle contains defensive upgrades that will protect your ship during the most difficult missions! Cost: 400 Cartel Coins.
    • Purchase the Grade 7 Starship Offensive Bundle to give your ship enhanced firepower! Cost: 550 Cartel Coins.
    • The Grade 7 Starship Tactical Bundle contains powerful upgrades for your personal starship. Cost: 350 Cartel Coins.

That's the only thing I can see on their patch notes. I don't see anything about buying it for comms. I'm not in the game to see for sure, but like I said it really doesn't matter whether you can get it from both sources. Yes it makes me feel better knowing you can earn it without paying, but most people's fear with Pay to Win is that you can buy the highest quality available gear (whether it's raid gear, pvp gear, or ship gear) for money.

This is now what you can do.
    You can check here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.0/ancient-hypergate
    Under Highlights you can see this quote:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    All-new Grade 7 Artifact Quality Starship Upgrades are now available from the Fleet and Mission Support vendors!

I don't disagree with you that it is a bad thing that it is available on the cartel market. I just wanted to point out that according to the patch notes you should be able to get them from the vendors also. Maybe they modified the patch notes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aroa View Post
    You can check here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.0/ancient-hypergate
    Under Highlights you can see this quote:
    *snip*
    I don't disagree with you that it is a bad thing that it is available on the cartel market. I just wanted to point out that according to the patch notes you should be able to get them from the vendors also. Maybe they modified the patch notes.
    Must have, because even when it was posted the first time I checked that exact page and still saw the old note that didn't mention vendors at all. But yeah, broken record here that it's still pay to win and totally crap.

Part Price Vendor
    Improved Power Conversion Module 300k credits Fleet Starship Upgrade 1
    Durasteel Armor 500 Fleet comms Fleet Starship Upgrade 2
    Blast Condenser 500 Fleet comms Fleet Starship Upgrade 2
    Laser Cannons 500 Fleet comms Fleet Starship Upgrade 2
    Improved Electromagnet Pulse 150 Daily comms Daily vendor
    Deflection Amplifier 150 Daily comms Daily vendor
    Schematic: Concussion Missile Magazine 700 Fleet comms Fleet Starship Upgrade 2
    Schematic: Deflector Shield 700 Fleet comms Fleet Starship Upgrade 2
    Schematic:Improved Electronic Warfare Pod 200 Daily comms Daily Vendor

Spaceship upgrades from dulfy
    http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-pa...pace-missions/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Must have, because even when it was posted the first time I checked that exact page and still saw the old note that didn't mention vendors at all. But yeah, broken record here that it's still pay to win and totally crap.
    Ok, bear with me here. This is a long shot. I mean, a really long shot; as in, I would never tell you the odds. But, what if - they have a plan for multi-player space missions? Wouldn't this be the only way that F2P and Preferred players could gear up for team missions? HK-51's efforts might be available to other F2P players, but they wouldn't exactly be reasonable if the unlocks are being scooped up on the GTN as fast as they appear. Just an insanely optimistic/naive thought.

Well, I guess those CC's that subscribers get as a bonus will need to be stockpiled if people want any of the holiday stuff nowadays.

So the ship stuff though...that seems like a super high in-game cost >.>

I'm surprisingly alright with them also being sold on the CC market and not really too surprised they're up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Ok, bear with me here. This is a long shot. I mean, a really long shot; as in, I would never tell you the odds. But, what if - they have a plan for multi-player space missions? Wouldn't this be the only way that F2P and Preferred players could gear up for team missions? HK-51's efforts might be available to other F2P players, but they wouldn't exactly be reasonable if the unlocks are being scooped up on the GTN as fast as they appear. Just an insanely optimistic/naive thought.
    I do not follow...at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well it does matter actually. If the only way to get the best things in the game is to spend real money that is an issue. If you can buy the same thing with in game currency then that isn't an issue because getting enough creds to buy these things is super easy (as long as you don't mind doing dailies).

Yup i was really annoyed reading along the thread, but this is what i've come to. i was actually getting tempted to hit the cancel button if the space upgrades were cartel market only (i still might at the "awesome new ingame event" stuff being cartel market only to.... i mean dearth of content, and they slam a life day in thats only available for cash.... *facepalm*) as long as the highest power can be gotten in game as well as the market its not P2win. Its only pay to win if you NEED to spend cash for the highest power and this isnt what that is.

Plus its the mini game space missions you cant "win" anyone.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Plus its the mini game space missions you cant "win" anyone.....
    This kinda of logic is how companies gradually get away with murder. Space missions now reward black hole comms, daily comms, and fleet comms. As of the last ptr update they were repeatable...I'm sure that didn't make it to live. In order to even do these new missions succesfully/efficiently you need the level 7 upgrades.

You say it's not 'winning' anything, but they are in the beginning stages of tying space into character progression. That part is great. However this is exactly why being able to pay your way into that is pay to win. I used to think as long as you can grind it out then it isn't pay to win...but if you look at the pricing structure you know that isn't the case. They have specifically inflated the prices on these upgrades to drive people into the cash shop/gtn for these upgrades.

There's no earning involved. It will be buy or bust. The 6 missions reward 40 fleet comms a piece. That's 3 days of doing them all just for one piece. If they average between 5-10 minutes you are looking at a very large amount of time invested to earn them the 'right' way. While this is also a great thing on its own, you can instantly pay your way out of that. Not to mention that the ability to complete the space missions before you have all the level 7 gear is probably going to be almost impossible. So instead of grinding all the old shitty space missions for months, you can buy your way into the new ones.

Bad bad bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The space stuff just seems like an effort to piss me, yes me, off. Its as if they were like "There's this guy who is still hopeful that space can become something great. What can we do to crush his hopes? How about making it P2W? Good. That will set the tone for the 2014 JTL 2: Break out your wallet edition."
    I really don't understand why it bothers you so much. This isn't the free flight space mission you are hoping for anyway. So why does it upset you SO much that they do something to a part of the game you dislike anyway ? If they ever introduce true spaceflight it seems highly likely that they will come up with completely new gear anyways.

However, it is tier 7. The highest tier in the game.
    For sale.

It would be like if they were selling NMM ec gear or HM tfb.
    Well, wasn't it your credo that as long as it can be achieved with ingame means, it doesn't really matter ? At least that was your stance on unlocks, authorisations etc. Plus this is a minigame and one you don't particulary like ...

Anyways, cant't really see why people are so surprised. Was pretty obvious that they would put as much new stuff on the market as they could and selling equipment for a mini game that isn't really affecting the "main game" seems perfectly inline with that. Only thing that bothers me is that I'm rather doubtful that they will stop there. If these ship upgrades sell well on the cartel market I'm pretty certain we will at some point see the sale of level 50 equipment as well. Sure, they said they wouldn't do that, but my trust for EA is close to non-existant.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    Well, wasn't it your credo that as long as it can be achieved with ingame means, it doesn't really matter ? At least that was your stance on unlocks, authorisations etc. Plus this is a minigame and one you don't particulary like ...
    Keep digging and you'll find my stance on selling end game gear / power.

Unlocks that don't increase power that are obtainable in game are totally fine by me. (IE: hide helm, action bars, ect)
    Selling tiers of end game bothers me. I would be okay with something like selling t1 even! But the highest tier is a problem.

Also, yes. I dislike the current space game. As you quoted me, my concern is "That will set the tone for the 2014 JTL 2: Break out your wallet edition."
    As in this sets a precedent for P2W space game. Its not the current game. Its the 2014 SSSP I am concern about.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlocks /= gear, character progression.

Anyways, cant't really see why people are so surprised. Was pretty obvious that they would put as much new stuff on the market as they could and selling equipment for a mini game that isn't really affecting the "main game" seems perfectly inline with that.
    Except it definitely affects the 'main game' now. Black Hole comms, More Daily comms, schematics, etc say so.

Only thing that bothers me is that I'm rather doubtful that they will stop there. If these ship upgrades sell well on the cartel market I'm pretty certain we will at some point see the sale of level 50 equipment as well. Sure, they said they wouldn't do that, but my trust for EA is close to non-existant.
    It's only a matter of time.

1. Stop crying
    2. Stop playing SWTOR
    3. Stop posting on SWTOR forums
    4. The world becomes a much better place, and those of us who like the game can enjoy it without this forum being cluttered with crying
    5. ????
    6. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    1. Stop crying
    2. Stop playing SWTOR
    4. The world becomes a much better place, and those of us who like the game can enjoy it without this forum being cluttered with crying
    5. ????
    6. Profit
    I feel tempted to stick around just to spite you now.

Deleted
    Terrible decision to allow top gear (Ship) to be paid for directly with coins imo. Probably why I didn't notice this on the PTS...because it wasn't added for testing. Sign of things to come. 'I have a bad feeling about this' sums up my thoughts on TOR in 2013.

I'm usually much more optimisitc but camel, straw, back, broken.

'Just cosmetic' became 'low power gear' became 'top gear' became 'best gear'. Less than 6 months for the slide from one extreme to the other.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-12-11 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    1. Stop crying
    2. Stop playing SWTOR
    5. ????
    6. Profit
    And if that happened, they wouldn't be making any changes to the F2P system and would be driving away more potential players. Do you really want SWTOR to remain stagnant and not draw in new blood to help it grow?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Terrible decision to allow top gear (Ship) to be paid for directly with coins imo. Probably why I didn't notice this on the PTS...because it wasn't added for testing. Sign of things to come. 'I have a bad feeling about this' sums up my thoughts on TOR in 2013.

I'm usually much more optimisitc but camel, straw, back, broken.

'Just cosmetic' became 'low power gear' became 'top gear' became 'best gear'. Less than 6 months for the slide from one extreme to the other.
    dude this happened in just ONE month of cartel shop online......... i cna almost with certianty say that we will see previous tier gear in the shop come the next coin patch.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    And if that happened, they wouldn't be making any changes to the F2P system and would be driving away more potential players. Do you really want SWTOR to remain stagnant and not draw in new blood to help it grow?
    What's really messed up is that they do.
    I see it in general chat all the time, "omfg. I hate these f2p noobs" "pay a sub or quit plz." "get a job." "does welfare not cover mmos?"
    And on these forums, there is a "please quit" mentality whenever someone dislikes something EA does.
    It's like, first BiowarEA scared about 2 million players away and now when BiowarEA is trying to get new player / old players back the community is picking up the slack on the whole "drive people away in droves" thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    dude this happened in just ONE month of cartel shop online......... i cna almost with certianty say that we will see previous tier gear in the shop come the next coin patch.
    Oh I know. I was talking about the 'we'll just have cosmetic gear and some xp boosts' statement in July. Then it morphed into 'Some low stat gear will also be sold' in August. That became 'top level gear' in November and now ' Best in Slot for ships' in December.

I'm probably over-reacting but it sure starts to seem like I may have to quit and go elsewhere for my daily gaming fix. Might be a good idea for me to log in first and scout things out before posting further on this subject
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-12-11 at 06:58 PM.

What's really messed up is that they do.
    I see it in general chat all the time, "omfg. I hate these f2p noobs" "pay a sub or quit plz." "get a job." "does welfare not cover mmos?"
    And on these forums, there is a "please quit" mentality whenever someone dislikes something EA does.
    It's like, first BiowarEA scared about 2 million players away and now when BiowarEA is trying to get new player / old players back the community is picking up the slack on the whole "drive people away in droves" thing.
    There's a word for people actively act against their own best interest... it was pretty cool sounding word too and now I am sad I can't remember it.

But honestly when it comes to gaming in general there are huge segments that want other games to fail because their game of choice is amazing... It's sad, and in the long run bad for everyone