Poll: Your faction

Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would go NC for long range sniping, theres no need to upgrade the default rifle, it's just too good. (imo). And NC is the true underdog as it is, which in my book always is a plus.

Can anyone tell me which upgrades my Reaver would need to make it most effective at air combat and which ones for the liberator to be a ground unit killer? Assuming thats a possibility for each vehicle?

Which Vanu sniper would you suggest to be the best?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    That would be Vanu. They do not suffer from bullet drop apparently.
    Yes we do.

Vanu starts with a semi auto.
    NC starts with a bolt action.
    Forgot what TR starts with.

They're all equally viable and depends on your play style.
    I prefer one shot one kill (headshots), some others prefer semi-autos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I can't fly for shit in this game. There really is no way to practice because when you crash, you have to wait to like 20 minutes before you can fly again. Especially if you used up all the aircraft options. I wish they had a tutorial section so I can have unlimited chances at learning to fly.
    That's one thing I feel is missing from the first one, a tutorial/training section where you can try out any vehicle and weapon without needing the appropriate certs or resources.

A friend of mine started playing yesterday so a few of us kept spawning him aircrafts when we could so he had a steadier supply for getting used to the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    And NC is the true underdog as it is, which in my book always is a plus.
    And how did you come to that conclusion? .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-12-11 at 08:30 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    They're all equally viable and depends on your play style.
    I prefer one shot one kill (headshots), some others prefer semi-autos.
    Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, after looking around a little, Vanu sniper rifles are apparently not very damaging, so I abandoned the idea of being a sniper. I want a weapon that kills when you headshot dammit!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, after looking around a little, Vanu sniper rifles are apparently not very damaging, so I abandoned the idea of being a sniper. I want a weapon that kills when you headshot dammit!
    Vanu bolt action still one-hit-kills on a headshot. It just does less body shot damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Get the bolt action ones. The one I'm using is V10? I think, or whatever it's called.
    There is one issue with Vanu bolt action is your view gets obscured for a half second or so when doing the 'bolt' part. It's a bit annoying sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    And NC is the true underdog as it is, which in my book always is a plus.
    How did you come to that conclusion? NC have been doing pretty well for my part

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion? NC have been doing pretty well for my part
    Same here. NC is a far greater menace than Vanu. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I've been following the game for a while and I think I'll install it soon, but a question first:

I love sniping, how viable/good is it in this game and which faction could be considered the most sniper friendly?
    NC sniper is the best "out of the box" IMO if you're good at adjusting for bullet drop and landing headshots. Here's a quick video about the default NC sniper rifle and the LA80 (my favorite sniper rifle).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Same here. NC is a far greater menace than Vanu. :P
    Goddamned right we are. I've been having a lot of fun on Indar lately, seems like Esamir or whatever is just a waste of time. Never had anything resembling teamwork on Esamir, but I've had two straight days of cohesive, fun teamwork while running around on Indar. Best part was trying to hold an amp station when both terrans and vanu were trying to take it, turned into a hilariously bloody free for all when all three armies met in the middle.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    So how is this game looking. I'm hearing mixed feedback here. Can't decide whether its worth the download or not.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    So how is this game looking. I'm hearing mixed feedback here. Can't decide whether its worth the download or not.
    Absolutely worth a download if you have a decent rig and your data cap (assuming you have one) isn't super low.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. You'll have a hard time finding a game that has a scale even close to Planetside 2, and you definitely won't find one that lets you romp over every single bit of it. I tend to play as light assault, and sweet jesus is it fun. The mobility feels great, and using your jetpack to flank the enemy and tear them up makes you feel like a badass. It's a class that encourages creative thinking in the way you approach a battle, definitely more so than the heavy assault. The learning curve is definitely a little steep, and the game has a certain complexity that might turn people off if they are only used to jumping in rounds of this years flavor of CoD.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's kinda rare to get some "action". Been driving around with my squadmates for 2+ hours capturing areas and I've maybe killed 2-3 enemies. Never met any resistance. I suppose everyone else is just kinda going where the biggest zerg is? *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's kinda rare to get some "action". Been driving around with my squadmates for 2+ hours capturing areas and I've maybe killed 2-3 enemies. Never met any resistance. I suppose everyone else is just kinda going where the biggest zerg is? *shrug*
    You'll eventually find a place that they don't want to just hand over and will fight for. The little bitty stations that generally only control one or two hexes... no one's gonna care about those. But when it's time to take something big like an amp station that controls like six or eight hexes? Oh man, there's gonna be a fight over that.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You'll eventually find a place that they don't want to just hand over and will fight for. The little bitty stations that generally only control one or two hexes... no one's gonna care about those. But when it's time to take something big like an amp station that controls like six or eight hexes? Oh man, there's gonna be a fight over that.
    Like The Crown on Indar. I swear every time I'm on there's a massive three-way at that spot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:13 AM ----------

The best advice I can probably give someone who is new to the Planetside genre is to spawn at your Warp Gate when you die for the first time. You'll be out of the fight, but it'll give you some time to get a feel for the classes/weapons without feeling overwhelmed and quitting in frustration. Then when you're ready you can deploy to any number of hotspots on the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Like The Crown on Indar. I swear every time I'm on there's a massive three-way at that spot.
    Yeah. We had one of our squad leaders saying he wanted to go to the crown and everyone else is telling him "no, man, that place is a clusterfuck, let's just scoot around and snipe all these small territories instead."

Rashnu Bio Lab or whatever it's called is another major hotspot from what I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Look at your map and look for the flashy ones, or turn on the marker for "activity" as opposed to the default territorial one.
    It'll show what play is in conflict or what not. If you use the 'instant action' deploy (on the map too, big shiny 'deploy', can't miss it), they're generally in some pretty heated areas too.