15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Don't expect RP2 anytime soon....
    They keep going back and forth with whats going on. Apparently now Eloraam doesn't have time to fix it. Since she refuses any help and will only release the mod when it's perfect... who knows. I wouldn't be surprised to see a message on Dec 21 saying its taking longer than expected.

It's really become a bit of a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of sad about it.... I was really looking forward to playing around with it. Never used it before. I may just have to throw in an old version of MC to play around with it.

One of the best ways to get IC2 rubber I found is to take a chainsaw to your rubber tree farm and centrifuge the logs then centrifuge the resin (it has a much higher yield than extracting and you get loads of other cool products).

> Apparently there are fears that if Eloraam was to release now, the amount of data being downloaded at one time would effectively bring down the internet.

Bring down the interwebs? haha, Slowpoke is clearly teasing/joking again

I am now more sure than before that rp comes soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk View Post
    > Apparently there are fears that if Eloraam was to release now, the amount of data being downloaded at one time would effectively bring down the internet.

I am now more sure than before that rp comes soon.
    It's obvious he's joking about the reason, but the date is probably fairly accurate.

Excerpt from #redpower:

[22:33:06] <+Slowpoke> just as a clarification btw. 2 known bugs remaining, not 1
    [22:34:32] <+Slowpoke> i know what the bugs are, ive been asked not to make them public. I do know that its several hours worth of coding to fix them both and the delay is due to real life not allowing her time to do any real coding at the moment.
    [22:35:30] <+Slowpoke> this is why there is no accurate ETA, because Elo right now doesnt know when she will have the free time to fix the last 2 bugs
    [22:37:01] <+Slowpoke> I can tell you donations to Eloraam right now wouldnt hurt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    One of the best ways to get IC2 rubber I found is to take a chainsaw to your rubber tree farm and centrifuge the logs then centrifuge the resin (it has a much higher yield than extracting and you get loads of other cool products).
    Yeah, I've actually used rubber saplings in Forestry farms just for that purpose. Problem is you quickly have too much rubber lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk View Post

Yeah.. that was a pretty dumb thing to troll people about since the mod is long, long overdue and people are anxious enough to get it.

It's obvious he's joking about the reason, but the date is probably fairly accurate.

Excerpt from #redpower:

[22:33:06] <+Slowpoke> just as a clarification btw. 2 known bugs remaining, not 1
    [22:34:32] <+Slowpoke> i know what the bugs are, ive been asked not to make them public. I do know that its several hours worth of coding to fix them both and the delay is due to real life not allowing her time to do any real coding at the moment.
    [22:35:30] <+Slowpoke> this is why there is no accurate ETA, because Elo right now doesnt know when she will have the free time to fix the last 2 bugs
    [22:37:01] <+Slowpoke> I can tell you donations to Eloraam right now wouldnt hurt
    I really don't want to bash but it's really silly that she doesn't allow anyone to help. She has incredibly talented people who would probably help out in a second. cpw, lexmanos both work with her on Forge so I don't see why they can't get in on fixing the last 1 or 2 bugs. If 1.5 breaks RP2 again I don't see it ever really getting updated afterwards at this rate. Most mods have a team working on them for a reason (IC2, TE, Buildcraft etc..).

Also, not to make this about my series, but I purchased Fraps today to try and get better quality. Since it doesn't encode while it's recording the video is A LOT smoother. It's also in HD now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, I've actually used rubber saplings in Forestry farms just for that purpose. Problem is you quickly have too much rubber lol

Yeah.. that was a pretty dumb thing to troll people about since the mod is long, long overdue and people are anxious enough to get it.

I really don't want to bash but it's really silly that she doesn't allow anyone to help. She has incredibly talented people who would probably help out in a second. cpw, lexmanos both work with her on Forge so I don't see why they can't get in on fixing the last 1 or 2 bugs. If 1.5 breaks RP2 again I don't see it ever really getting updated afterwards at this rate. Most mods have a team working on them for a reason (IC2, TE, Buildcraft etc..).

Also, not to make this about my series, but I purchased Fraps today to try and get better quality. Since it doesn't encode while it's recording the video is A LOT smoother. It's also in HD now!
    Fraps is what I use, Fuzzie. It's much easier on the CPU. I have an old Core2 Duo and i can record and play minecraft at 1080. Good purchase. It can be a hassle at times with minecraft though, sometime the hotkey just won't work in minecraft. Due to FRAPS primarily made for Directx recording and Minecraft is OpenGL.

Beware though, those 30-45 minute episodes will suck up a LOT of your hard drive!

40 sec video was almost 1GB:

Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-12 at 03:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fraps is what I use, Fuzzie. It's much easier on the CPU. I have an old Core2 Duo and i can record and play minecraft at 1080. Good purchase. It can be a hassle at times with minecraft though, sometime the hotkey just won't work in minecraft. Due to FRAPS primarily made for Directx recording and Minecraft is OpenGL.

Beware though, those 30-45 minute episodes will suck up a LOT of your hard drive!

40 sec video was almost 1GB:

Yeah, half hour was about 16Gb. not too bad. I don't plan to upload the raw files though. i'll be cutting it down somewhat so it's more manageable.

No more updates for today too. Looking through the list I don't see anything. IC2 is getting an official (non-beta) release any day now. Other mods are working on new features or re-writes. Chances are most mods will be in a period of stability for the time being. I'll still be checking for updates every day for the next while though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, half hour was about 16Gb. not too bad. I don't plan to upload the raw files though. i'll be cutting it down somewhat so it's more manageable.

No more updates for today too. Looking through the list I don't see anything. IC2 is getting an official (non-beta) release any day now. Other mods are working on new features or re-writes. Chances are most mods will be in a period of stability for the time being. I'll still be checking for updates every day for the next while though.
    Yeah, I edit and run them through Sony Vegas which cut that 40 sec vid to like 20MB. Much better to upload, haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I edit and run them through Sony Vegas which cut that 40 sec vid to like 20MB. Much better to upload, haha.
    I think the next step will be to buy some video editing software. Doing this one step at a time though. Don't want to invest a lot into it unless I have the support to justify it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Understandable. I play around with it simply cause I enjoy it. (and the tools were a gift anyways)

15+ Year Old Account
    Understandable. I play around with it simply cause I enjoy it. (and the tools were a gift anyways)
    Cool man. Doing a double episode again tomorrow. Want to get rid of the last of the low quality ones in one shot. Bed time for now though. Lots to do tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool man. Doing a double episode again tomorrow. Want to get rid of the last of the low quality ones in one shot. Bed time for now though. Lots to do tomorrow.
    Sounds great! Can't wait! Really interested in the Thaumcraft stuff, honestly. It just looks so well put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Excellent set of mods and config files. Much appreciated!
    I agree with the aboved post...but I have a probelm

For some reason...Chicken Chunks is causing me major problems. I could give you a detailed version of it..but..let us just say, I am getting "Sun Reflect" Java Problems. I love the idea of Chunks But unless I copied and pasted your Cofigs wrong :-O I am at a loss as to why Minecraft locks ups with that particular mod

Is there any way to increase the iridium generation? I've only found 1 so far. I've strip mined a 140 x 140 spiral mine and I have two 64x64 quarries going. I thought maybe to just mass fab some with the tonnes of scrap I'm able to make, but that also requires a good deal of iridium.

Excerpt from #redpower:

Oh, did not know that. you are right. ty for the info

I wonder if its wise to delay again and again. Its not very professional. I think Elo really needs some help.

Hmm, what would I do?

* Decide if I want to (can) continue RP on my own
    If not, decide if I want to get help or hand-over the projectlead to some1 else.
    if not, I let people know and release myself from any self-pressure
    * write a small index.html to give eloraam.com a little more professional look (a tiny static webpage does not hurt traffic and is done in minutes)
    * I would Twitter "Reallife overload. sorry, but RP is on hold for now" and do not twitter "Making paper is fun." and then silence
    * I will call in some help. "cpw, I drown in real life. can you please look at my source and hunt the bugs?" (there is a reason for coding-teams and 80/20 circles)
    * I would consider releasing RP in current state if there are no gamebreaking bugs
    * I would not let slowpoke call for donation (I am sure he only wants to help), but not many people will donate and even fewer on kinda vaporware...

Finally: All the best Elo! I think Reallife should always come first!

cheers

Deleted
    Some news updates:

- Extrabees 1.4.1.27
    - Forge 6.4.0.437
    - Thermal Expansion 2.1.3

Deleted
    I think the next step will be to buy some video editing software. Doing this one step at a time though. Don't want to invest a lot into it unless I have the support to justify it.
    You should try using Super if you need something just to bring down the size of your files. It can be a little tricky to configure initially but once you have your settings just right you will wonder how you survived without it. It's not the nicest UI, but it's probably the most powerful free tool available for simple conversions, crops and resizing. http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekan View Post
    For some reason...Chicken Chunks is causing me major problems. I could give you a detailed version of it..but..let us just say, I am getting "Sun Reflect" Java Problems. I love the idea of Chunks But unless I copied and pasted your Cofigs wrong :-O I am at a loss as to why Minecraft locks ups with that particular mod
    ChickenChunks is giving me the same issue. I just didn't bother installing it. Some people have managed to get it to work though. Railcraft provides the same thing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Is there any way to increase the iridium generation? I've only found 1 so far. I've strip mined a 140 x 140 spiral mine and I have two 64x64 quarries going. I thought maybe to just mass fab some with the tonnes of scrap I'm able to make, but that also requires a good deal of iridium.
    You can modify the probability of it generating in the gregtech config file. You'll need to generate a new mining age though.

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    You should try using Super if you need something just to bring down the size of your files. It can be a little tricky to configure initially but once you have your settings just right you will wonder how you survived without it. It's not the nicest UI, but it's probably the most powerful free tool available for simple conversions, crops and resizing. http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    Cool. I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokradin View Post
    Some news updates:

- Extrabees 1.4.1.27
    - Forge 6.4.0.437
    - Thermal Expansion 2.1.3
    As always, I do the updates in the evening. Please note that the OP is not updated yet.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-12 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never use Chicken Chunks since he states it doesn't activate for SSP.